+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Funded GIC on 25 OCT(friday) ..STILL not RECEIVED GIC certificate !!

vickyindia

Star Member
Aug 15, 2013
anybody who funded GIC on or after 25th oct 2013(friday) and have got the GIC certificate..please reply i am worried .. :(

Sweetalker

Sep 4, 2013
Toronto, Canada.
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa, Ontario.
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2014
Doc's Request.
PER: 20th August 2014
IELTS Request
8.0 Overall (7.5 Minimum)
File Transfer...
15-09-2014
Med's Request
06-11-2014
Med's Done....
15-11-2014
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
20-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
25-03-2015
LANDED..........
10-04-2015
If you havent already..

I wud suggest.. reply from your securemails to the bank.. from the same mail wich came when your account was opened..

keep it short n simple.. mention you name, account number.. DOB.. attach your SWIFT recpt.. and ask politely for GIC issue soon as you need to file for VISA..
That is it.. then u wait..

Hope it helps..
all the best..

helix

Star Member
Jun 15, 2013
App. Filed.......
Inland Sponsorship - Dec 2, 2016
Med's Request
November 2017
vickyindia said:
anybody who funded GIC on or after 25th oct 2013(friday) and have got the GIC certificate..please reply i am worried .. :(
Hey Vicky ...

I did fund my GIC on the same date. I received the certificate + welcome package yesterday (2nd Nov)... I think you should also be getting it very soon...

vickyindia

Star Member
Aug 15, 2013
i had applied using centennial call letter which is in toronto and just after funding i sent a mail to them stating that i have changed my college and going to fleming (peterborough)..so may be dats y it is taking so much time ..may be they are transferring ma details to the peterborough branch ..what do u say???

helix

Star Member
Jun 15, 2013
App. Filed.......
Inland Sponsorship - Dec 2, 2016
Med's Request
November 2017
vickyindia said:
i had applied using centennial call letter which is in toronto and just after funding i sent a mail to them stating that i have changed my college and going to fleming (peterborough)..so may be dats y it is taking so much time ..may be they are transferring ma details to the peterborough branch ..what do u say???
Ya it might be the case. I too had changed my college after funding for GIC ... I shall intimidate them via an email now.

wajahadkhan

Oct 26, 2013
guys i opened my gic acc on fanshawe college offer letter,but i changed my mind abt fanshawe and decided to go for mohawk college and paid for it

do i have to inform them abt this or is it ok?

my consultant says its ok...

one more thing i opened gic acc from one email id and

on mohawk's offer letter there is another email id so would that affect ?

nileshkaka

Star Member
Sep 28, 2013
Pune, India
Category........
Visa Office......
Online Delhi CHC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 sep 2013
Doc's Request.
30 sep 2013
IELTS Request
7 overall
Med's Request
--
Med's Done....
23 sep 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
8 oct 2013
VISA ISSUED...
15 oct 2013
LANDED..........
21 feb 2014
wajahadkhan said:
guys i opened my gic acc on fanshawe college offer letter,but i changed my mind abt fanshawe and decided to go for mohawk college and paid for it

do i have to inform them abt this or is it ok?

my consultant says its ok...

one more thing i opened gic acc from one email id and

on mohawk's offer letter there is another email id so would that affect ?
It's okay dude. You don't need to intimate them of college changes as it would further delay your GIC processing time. Neither the email id nor the college name is mentioned on the GIC. So chill.

bhrushank

Aug 20, 2013
I too applied on OCtober 25th and still haven't received the certificate. I sent them a mail with the TT copy attached on 2nd November. I received a reply as follows:

Thank you for your interest in Scotiabank.

This email is your confirmation that we have received your application. Due to high volumes, you may temporarily experience GIC processing delays. We will continue to do our best to ensure your application gets processed in a timely manner. Your understanding and patience is sincerely appreciated. Please do not send any follow up emails, we will write to you if we require any additional documents.

HarjinderSinghBrar

Oct 31, 2013
Punjab
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3-12-2013
VISA ISSUED...
23-03-2014
LANDED..........
22-08-2014
bhrushank said:
I too applied on OCtober 25th and still haven't received the certificate. I sent them a mail with the TT copy attached on 2nd November. I received a reply as follows:

Thank you for your interest in Scotiabank.

This email is your confirmation that we have received your application. Due to high volumes, you may temporarily experience GIC processing delays. We will continue to do our best to ensure your application gets processed in a timely manner. Your understanding and patience is sincerely appreciated. Please do not send any follow up emails, we will write to you if we require any additional documents.

i funded on 29 oct and got my gic on 8 nov
whats wrong with urs

bhrushank

Aug 20, 2013
Don't know man. Still waiting. I sent them emails on studentgic@scotiabank.com & newaccount@scotiabank.com about a week ago.

viperD

Star Member
Sep 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-11-2013
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
01-11-2013
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
03/11/2013
LANDED..........
Soon
Rudrareddy said:
transefered on 05/11/2013 not yet received gic certificate
me also transfer on same date.. please inform if you receive your GIC.