+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Full-time work during study gap and Subsequent PGWP application

Jigar1991

Dec 14, 2018
Hi everyone!

I will complete my 1st course on August 22 and I have a Letter of Acceptance for the second course that starts from Jan 2023.

If I work full-time during this break and if in case I get full time NOC category job in let say November and I apply for PGWP (change my mind about doing second course) and withdraw from the second course, will there be any issues with the length of PGWP as I have worked full-time after the completion of my 1st course?

Answer to these question will be helpful to me to decide further.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi everyone!

I will complete my 1st course on August 22 and I have a Letter of Acceptance for the second course that starts from Jan 2023.

If I work full-time during this break and if in case I get full time NOC category job in let say November and I apply for PGWP (change my mind about doing second course) and withdraw from the second course, will there be any issues with the length of PGWP as I have worked full-time after the completion of my 1st course?

If you do that, you will have worked illegally from August to the time you apply for the PGWP.

yay_321

Jun 15, 2019
Hi everyone!

@scylla is right. However, if you apply for PGWP in August 2022 after that you can work (even if your PGWP is in process).

But keep in mind PGWP is only 1 time in life. You won't get it again even if you do a further 1 year course.