+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Full time work after study but before applying PGWP

bgpatel

Star Member
May 7, 2019
LOR? I think you are referring to LOE Letter of explanation.
I did mention in LOE about the work. Depending on how one interpret, if it was unauthorized, it was max 2 week. If it was unauthorized, I am not sure.

Anyway, I think that it was my mistake that I dod that, if they consider it unauthorized . And I apologized in the letter. I think it is pretty common. People do that often.

I got pgwp with no problems three years ago, even I mentioned the work in the pgwp application. I didn't know that time that may be it was supposed to be an unauthorized work.

Reactions: baltzly

ravall

Jul 28, 2017
LOR? I think you are referring to LOE Letter of explanation.
I did mention in LOE about the work. Depending on how one interpret, if it was unauthorized, it was max 2 week. If it was unauthorized, I am not sure.

Anyway, I think that it was my mistake that I dod that, if they consider it unauthorized . And I apologized in the letter. I think it is pretty common. People do that often.

I got pgwp with no problems three years ago, even I mentioned the work in the pgwp application. I didn't know that time that may be it was supposed to be an unauthorized work.

Hey any update on you PR application? I am in the same situation but will be submitting my EE documents as i received ITA.

It would be great if you can let me know what’s the progress of your application?
Thanks.

ravall

Jul 28, 2017
Hello. I would really appreciate any update if someone was approved after the cases where they worked before applying PGWP and after completion of study and they wrote that in their LOE. Thanks

Ryne26

Jan 27, 2021
You are only authorized to work full time once you are on implied status i.e after you send online application for PGWP
I don’t think this is true.

do you have any valid evidence supporting your statement? I have read post of many senior members on this forum advising people asking same questions that they can only work once their PGWP is approved.

Hope you can clear this out

King2525

Jan 20, 2019
HI. I think the application is progressing well. I got RPRF request few days ago . I called in for status, they said the eligibility is recommended pass. Got a ghost update today, I think it is passed

hello brother,
I had same situation.

did you get PR or they have been asked for LOE?

your reply help us.

bgpatel

Star Member
May 7, 2019
hello brother,
I had same situation.

did you get PR or they have been asked for LOE?

your reply help us.
Hi. Yes, I got the PR. Seems like it's not a big issue. I added an LOE letter though when I applied and apologized.
Good luck!

LaFontaine

Star Member
Jan 7, 2020
I also got my PR, to give you more piece of mind :) I had 2 weeks of unauthorized work after graduating and before PGWP application. I totally thought this was allowed during the time; I think there are a lot of cases like this. I submitted an LOE explaining that and apologizing for this mistake. Good luck everyone!

Jibraan

May 9, 2022
Hello all.
I am in a dilemma.
Actually after completing my course, I started looking for work right away which fortunately I got 1 and they wanted someone asap.
Once I received my Letter of completion, and transcript, I started working on the next day, thinking my lawyer would apply same day but she applied it after
1 week. Now I am afraid this may cause any problem. Anyone can help me please !!
Should I tell my employer to change the starting date?
Timeline:
Course ended: 28 Aug 2023
Date started to work: 08 Sept 2023
Date applied for PGWP: 15 Sept 2023