+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Full time Teaching job towards Work Experience

Meg106

Star Member
May 18, 2018
Hi All

I have had 1 yr of Teaching experience in my field and have claimed points under 'Foreign Work Experience' for the same. The institution I taught gave Diploma and Masters degree to students.(It is now closed)

I was concerned that points claimed as an Instructor/Trainer wont cause problems in my PR application?
Any advise?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Dhabaan

May 1, 2016
Hi All

I have had 1 yr of Teaching experience in my field and have claimed points under 'Foreign Work Experience' for the same. The institution I taught gave Diploma and Masters degree to students.(It is now closed)

I was concerned that points claimed as an Instructor/Trainer wont cause problems in my PR application?
Any advise?

Thanks in advance for your help!
If you claimed points depending on teaching experience that has been gained while the institute still open, i see no worries! as long as there is evidence that that institute was genuine..

Best

Meg106

Star Member
May 18, 2018
If you claimed points depending on teaching experience that has been gained while the institute still open, i see no worries! as long as there is evidence that that institute was genuine..

Best
Ok.Thanks. I was concerned if Teaching experience would count as Work Experience or not .

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Ok.Thanks. I was concerned if Teaching experience would count as Work Experience or not .
All experience has to meet the same requirements to count - it has to have a corresponding NOC that is level O, A, or B ("skilled") and you have to be able to provide proof (letters of reference & other supporting documents).

If you worked 30 hours or more per week, it counts as full-time. If you worked fewer than 30 hours per week, it counts as part-time and has to be pro-rated.

Reactions: Meg106

Meg106

Star Member
May 18, 2018
All experience has to meet the same requirements to count - it has to have a corresponding NOC that is level O, A, or B ("skilled") and you have to be able to provide proof (letters of reference & other supporting documents).

If you worked 30 hours or more per week, it counts as full-time. If you worked fewer than 30 hours per week, it counts as part-time and has to be pro-rated.
Thank you.