+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Full time studies for PGWP and repeated courses, etc.

CK1234567890

Sep 7, 2011
Hello,

I was looking at PGWP program and got confused.

- What if someone wasn't a full-time student for his first year but studied full-time for 3 more years and graduated, would this person qualify for PGWP or not?

- The first question was hypothetical but this one is directly related to me. I am thinking about repeating a couple of courses. I am not sure my transcript will show the both courses or not. (Repeated and the original) (I am going to ask the school about this but anyway,) I think I heard a prof saying only the repeated course will be chosen when a student repeats. So if the repeated course replaces the original course, then, I would run out of credits in my last year to be a full time student. So I am not a full time student anymore ... last year, in this year? Or should I still consider myself to be met the requirement for PGWP as a full time student? This is a really important question for me. Please, accurate answers with some backup reasoning will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance here for those who will reply.

- PGWP allows a year master program (full time) plus other undergraduate studies before this program. I know the master program must be full time but what about the undergraduate studies before that? I mean assuming two years of the undergraduate work were full time. First and second years (or even longer) could be part time?

I want to do PGWP after my program. What else should I know besides all this? Some comments would be great.

Thanks.