+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Full time student on extension of semester?

manushi23

Nov 15, 2012
Hello,

I am currently pursuing a graduate program in a public university in Canada. As per the program schedule, the duration is till 31st december 2014. I am planning to extend one semester and graduate in spring 2015. I will be grateful to the experienced advisors in helping me in finding a better solution. My major questions to them and everyone are:

a) if i extend the program by one semester, is that possible.

b) will i be considered a full time student during that extension period and will i be required to pay any fee or there will not be
any fee required....my dilemma here is that i cannot afford to pay the semester fee:(

c) will extending the program have any disadvantage(s) on my PGWP?

Actually i am currently during a research in the last semester and i don't think that i can finish it by december. Further, i already have a job(work-op) on offer for spring semester at the same university. Therefore, i am considering to extend the semester from that perspective mainly. Do u think that i am taking the right decision? I really want to stay at the same university for the spring semester because of that job on offer. I have already done a few jobs at the same university and this one will help me in building my resume further.

All my friends will be graduating this year and i have never heard any case where a student wants to extend a semester. I really need your opinion on this.... please help me in making the right decision.

Thank you!

amit3386

Star Member
Jun 15, 2013
toronto canada
Visa Office......
Delhi
App. Filed.......
13 March 2014
IELTS Request
7 overall
VISA ISSUED...
26 March 2014
LANDED..........
Landed 24 April 2014
is your program 1 year or 2 ? If its 2 year program then u would have a 3 year pgwp.. u should write in details so i can understand..

manushi23

Nov 15, 2012
The duration of it is 16 months to be precise. It started from September 2013 and is ending in December 2014.
Sorry for not being able to furnish full details. Please help me in finding the best solution.
Thank you!