+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Full time paid training period count towards Work experience?

tssahota

Aug 6, 2019
Hi,

I have 3 years 3 months of full time, paid work ex at Infosys after completing my studies. My role during those 3 years was - Systems Engineer. However, my designations were:
Systems Engineer - Trainee (June 2017 - Nov 2017)
Systems Engineer (Dec 2017 - Jun 2019)
Senior Systems Engineer (June 2019 - Oct 2020)

In Infosys portal, the roles and responsibilities mentioned are for the 'Role' which is Systems Engineer.
In my experience letter, they have mentioned the designation 'Senior Systems Engineer' and the corresponding responsibilities.

My question is:
Will the training period count towards my work ex? Do I need to explain this in my letter etc? If I ask Infosys to mention all designations above the responsibilities, will it be ok?

Thanks!

Reactions: SumithaCan

tssahota

Aug 6, 2019
Well technically we were trained first to perform those duties....but in the company Job Description System, all 3 designations i mentioned have the same duties and responsibilities because duties are defined on role, not on designation...

primaprime

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2019
Were you paid and did you perform the duties of a skilled NOC? If the answer to both of those is yes, it's work experience.

Benobi

Oct 5, 2020
Please I worked as a public school teacher the same period I was running my LLB degree program, would this affect my work experience

Reactions: bytenaija

bytenaija

Nov 11, 2019
Please I worked as a public school teacher the same period I was running my LLB degree program, would this affect my work experience
You can, as long as your working hours are up to fulltime work - 1560 hours a year. I think about 30 hours per week.

primaprime

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2019
For the last time, it's irrelevant what else you were doing outside Canada. If you were paid to perform the duties of a skilled NOC, it's work experience.

SumithaCan

Nov 29, 2020
Hi,

I have 3 years 3 months of full time, paid work ex at Infosys after completing my studies. My role during those 3 years was - Systems Engineer. However, my designations were:
Systems Engineer - Trainee (June 2017 - Nov 2017)
Systems Engineer (Dec 2017 - Jun 2019)
Senior Systems Engineer (June 2019 - Oct 2020)

In Infosys portal, the roles and responsibilities mentioned are for the 'Role' which is Systems Engineer.
In my experience letter, they have mentioned the designation 'Senior Systems Engineer' and the corresponding responsibilities.

My question is:
Will the training period count towards my work ex? Do I need to explain this in my letter etc? If I ask Infosys to mention all designations above the responsibilities, will it be ok?

Thanks!

Hi I'm also in the same boat as you. Can you tell me what you have decided to do? Have you asked for a new reference letter enlisting all the designations?

Romeshjadrian

Nov 29, 2020
For the last time, it's irrelevant what else you were doing outside Canada. If you were paid to perform the duties of a skilled NOC, it's work experience.
Hi so , even if its not a salary and just was an allowance , it can be counted as experience ? even before I have qualified to do job ?