+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Full time Hours to be eligible for CEC

CA_81

Dec 30, 2009
Hi, am a new member to this forum and had a doubt on the requirements for the CEC. its said that "For the Canadian Experience Class full-time equivalence, or 1,950 hours of paid employment over a period at least of 12 months will also be considered"

My employer pays me for 40 hr (and not 37.5) per week and also for the overtime I have worked for the company. so my question is when the rule says 1950 hrs of paid employment, does that include the overtime effort too? if its true, then should i just wait for the time 1950 hrs have crossed or should i wait for a year before I apply for CEC?

Thanks and Regards,
CA

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CA_81 said:
Hi, am a new member to this forum and had a doubt on the requirements for the CEC. its said that "For the Canadian Experience Class full-time equivalence, or 1,950 hours of paid employment over a period at least of 12 months will also be considered"

My employer pays me for 40 hr (and not 37.5) per week and also for the overtime I have worked for the company. so my question is when the rule says 1950 hrs of paid employment, does that include the overtime effort too? if its true, then should i just wait for the time 1950 hrs have crossed or should i wait for a year before I apply for CEC?

Thanks and Regards,
CA
You answered your own question.

CA_81

Dec 30, 2009
Thank you Leon.

I came to Canada on Mar 28th 2009 on WP and have started working full time ever since (the same working hours as mentioned in my earlier post). so it means that I can apply for the CEC by April 2010. Am I right? Have the rules of CEC changed recently? What I was of impression was, I needed to wait for 2 years in full service before applying for CEC.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

My NOC 2171 so it should be skill level B

Thanks and Regards,
CA

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It's one year work experience for graduates, 2 for workers.

You can see at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/cec/workers.asp it says:

As a temporary foreign worker, you must have two years of full-time (or equivalent) work experience in Canada. Your work experience must be gained within three years of applying.
The reason they put 2 years or equivalent is in the case you are working less than 1950 hours a year in which case you can take up to 3 years to gain the total 3900 hours. It doesn't mean you can work 3900 hours in one year and then apply.

NOC 2171 is skill level A.

CA_81

Dec 30, 2009
Thank you Leon. Thanks for replying.

Hmm. Thanks for the correction. Lolz.. even though i knew it was not possible, deep in my heart, i wished i could apply after a year.. :'(
bye.