+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Full-time Foreign Work experience start date earlier than Education completion date

Dhillon89

Jan 15, 2021
I started working full-time at an organization in January 2018 and have just completed 3 years which would help in fetching the maximum points for foreign work ex. The dilemma I am facing is that my Masters degree was completed in April 2020 i.e. 3 months after my joining (the organization had asked us to join early). The work history section of EE profile specifically asks for "Date when the applicant became qualified to work in this profession", where I have April 2018 as the education completion date.

Would CIC count the initial 3 months in my overall 3 years of experience or would they shrink it to 2 years as I joined the organization earlier than my degree completion.

BingW

May 22, 2019
I started working full-time at an organization in January 2018 and have just completed 3 years which would help in fetching the maximum points for foreign work ex. The dilemma I am facing is that my Masters degree was completed in April 2020 i.e. 3 months after my joining (the organization had asked us to join early). The work history section of EE profile specifically asks for "Date when the applicant became qualified to work in this profession", where I have April 2018 as the education completion date.

Would CIC count the initial 3 months in my overall 3 years of experience or would they shrink it to 2 years as I joined the organization earlier than my degree completion.
I think the system wil count you as two years. But I am not quite sure. Just with for the senior to reply.

Dhillon89

Jan 15, 2021
I think the system wil count you as two years. But I am not quite sure. Just with for the senior to reply.
Can I count student work experience toward the Express Entry work requirement? (cic.gc.ca)

The reply on the above link says-

Federal Skilled Worker Program
Student work experience gained while you were studying in Canada or abroad counts towards the minimum requirements for the Federal Skilled Worker Program if the work:

This includes co-op terms and apprenticeships.

How student work experience affects your profile ranking
Canadian work experience gained while you were a full-time student doesn’t count towards the score used to rank your profile.

The work experience gained as a full-time student outside Canada counts towards the score used to rank your profile.

Dhillon89

Jan 15, 2021
The system is counting it as 3 years. My overall score remains what it should be for a 3-year Non-CEC experience.