+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Full time CPT to Canada PR

noob_noob

Nov 18, 2019
Hi,

I am planning to enroll in a Full-time CPT course in the US after my 5 years of F1 Visa is expired. I got the admit and I am still working as a full-time employee under CPT at the same time enrolled in course like an F1 student. My question will this affect my Canada PR express entry profile in any way, as I am planning to create a Canada PR profile. I am maintaining my legal status by enrolling in the course but the passport will have an expired US VISA stamp by the time I am creating my Canada Express Entry profile. Need an opinion from someone who is on the same boat or had experienced a similar situation.

vsfedotov

Aug 12, 2019
USA
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hi,

I am planning to enroll in a Full-time CPT course in the US after my 5 years of F1 Visa is expired. I got the admit and I am still working as a full-time employee under CPT at the same time enrolled in course like an F1 student. My question will this affect my Canada PR express entry profile in any way, as I am planning to create a Canada PR profile. I am maintaining my legal status by enrolling in the course but the passport will have an expired US VISA stamp by the time I am creating my Canada Express Entry profile. Need an opinion from someone who is on the same boat or had experienced a similar situation.
Expired visa stamp is not an issue (mine was valid for one year only with a 2-year MBA program) - form I-20 is your proof of legal status in the US. They're not even asking for it though, CIC doesn't care as long as you're in the US legally!

P.S. I'd be very curious to learn where go start looking for the full-time CPT courses in case if my Canadian PR is delayed and if I don't win the H1B. What keywords in Google and how to find a legit one:)

noob_noob

Nov 18, 2019
Expired visa stamp is not an issue (mine was valid for one year only with a 2-year MBA program) - form I-20 is your proof of legal status in the US. They're not even asking for it though, CIC doesn't care as long as you're in the US legally!

P.S. I'd be very curious to learn where go start looking for the full-time CPT courses in case if my Canadian PR is delayed and if I don't win the H1B. What keywords in Google and how to find a legit one:)

Thanks for the information, Full Time CPT universities offer a variety of courses. Looks like you have already done your MBA. So your case is different than mine. One thing is key for full-time CPT courses/ university, you need to attend the classes and maintain good academic relationship to comply with USCIS regulations. If the university is offering a valid curriculum and conducting classes then it can be legit but also look for their history and other cases.

vsfedotov

Aug 12, 2019
USA
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Thanks for the information, Full Time CPT universities offer a variety of courses. Looks like you have already done your MBA. So your case is different than mine. One thing is key for full-time CPT courses/ university, you need to attend the classes and maintain good academic relationship to comply with USCIS regulations. If the university is offering a valid curriculum and conducting classes then it can be legit but also look for their history and other cases.
Thanks for sharing! Yes, I've done my MBA and currently on OPT, I was just thinking of some back-up options, while PR is now the plan A, and H1B is a plan B.
But to your question - no worries at all, go for EE!