VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Hi Armando, not sure about sa school kasi hindi pa nag aaral anak ko hehe
about sa immunization, libre naman yun, contact your local public health unit

jay2174

Star Member
Jun 25, 2013
Brod,

1. School will require it, 12 yrs. old below ata. best thing is to call public school board itself
2. Since it was lost, kumuha muna kayo ng family doctor (kung nandito na kayo sa canada) and explain the situation. He can give you something you can show to the school pagniregister mo na yung anak mo.
3. I would advise you not to repeat vaccines kung nabakunahan na. Best thing, is to ask the doctor about this.

Armando Jose said:
Hi everyone. For those who have already enrolled their children to school, do they really look for the immunization records? We have a concern since the baby book of my daughter was destroyed during ondoy and her pedia has long migrated to Dubai without turning over her records to another pedia. We know that she has already undergone all the vaccinations required but we have no proof to show. We do not want her naman to go through again all the vaccinations because aside from the fact that it will be very expensive, it may have adverse effects on her health. Thanks in advance for any advice.

project_canada

Star Member
Jan 13, 2015
BC
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
10-20-2023
Armando Jose said:
Hi everyone. For those who have already enrolled their children to school, do they really look for the immunization records? We have a concern since the baby book of my daughter was destroyed during ondoy and her pedia has long migrated to Dubai without turning over her records to another pedia. We know that she has already undergone all the vaccinations required but we have no proof to show. We do not want her naman to go through again all the vaccinations because aside from the fact that it will be very expensive, it may have adverse effects on her health. Thanks in advance for any advice.

Hi Armando. We landed in Vancouver in December 2015 and I have enrolled my kids to school. Yes, the School District requires the kids' Immunization Records. When our COPR was mailed to us (in Pinas), there is also an Immunization Record form which your kids' Pediatrician should fill-up and sign. You can present this form in the school district when you enrol them.

rdpldo

Star Member
Oct 14, 2015
ain08 said:
Hi Scout,

Can you share your story on Pinoy FSWP 2014 facebook group? This will be an inspiration for us.

If you agree, I can share it. It is just really inspiring lalo sa kagaya ko na wala naman din kakilala jan sa Canada. This is the reason kaya ng soft-land lang ako. I need to be not just financially but most importantly emotionally and psychologically prepared.

Things will be better. As they say, an arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties, it means that it’s going to launch you into something great.

Cheers,
Pardon my chiming in, I am from another forum here (International Students). I was looking for any info regarding opening of a Canadian bank account kung nandito pa sa Pinas. I can't help but comment nung nakita ko 'to. Scout's story is indeed very inspiring. Especially for me na waiting for my student permit for Canada. And I anticipate the feeling of being "lost" when I finally land in there hopefully next month. :)

RPeralta

Star Member
Oct 4, 2013
United Arab Emirates
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-06-2014 cc charged: 10-10-2014
Doc's Request.
12-01-2015
AOR Received.
PER 21-10-2014; Processing: 18-12-2014
Med's Request
12-01-2015
Med's Done....
20-01-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
09-03-2015
LANDED..........
11-01-2016
von0904 said:
Hello forummates! We finally received last May 26 our medical request after we submitted additional documents requested by SGVO. Narereject ba or bumabagsak sa medical pag my primary complex ang dependent? My 2.5 year old daughter had it in 2014, right after her 1st birthday. She took medications and nagclear na. However, pina-skin test namin sya the other day kasi inuubo ulit and sadly nagpositive sa PPD test. Pero sa xray cleared naman. Any advice?

By the way, sa St Luke's Fort namin balak ipa-medical and 2 kids namin while kami ng wife ko dito sa SG since we're both based here.

Thanks in advance sa sasagot.

Hi vhon, walang skin test sa medical kaya ok ang case mo. ang son ko ay nagka primary complex 10 yrs ago. sputum test ang nirequire sa kanya. tapos nung nasa canada na kami, they required him for a medical surveillance which means every 6 mos he will undergo sputum test. sa tingin ko di naman grounds for rejection ang primary. btw naka 2 tests na sya at both good naman ang results.

RPeralta

Star Member
Oct 4, 2013
United Arab Emirates
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-06-2014 cc charged: 10-10-2014
Doc's Request.
12-01-2015
AOR Received.
PER 21-10-2014; Processing: 18-12-2014
Med's Request
12-01-2015
Med's Done....
20-01-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
09-03-2015
LANDED..........
11-01-2016
sparkfire said:
Kmusta sa lahat,

I Dont know if anybody still reads this forum, but i just thought its worth to drop by and update everyone. I landed early Dec and in 2 weeks I found a job, survival semi-laborer job. I also enrolled in bridge training and have exhaust all newcomer services available. I traveled to so many places (for work) and mabilis akong nka adapt sa Toronto. All the people na nkita ang ginagawa kong effort says I'm lucky and on the right track. bUT, I am going home.

All the things you hear about Canada or in my case Toronto is true, life is a never ending struggle here. When you come here, look at the faces na mga andito and you will see how stress and tired they are. They live all their lives paycheck to paycheck. Napupunta sa rent or mortgage (if you are lucky), insurance, food, clothes(4seasons dito so expect you will buy plenty), mobile and internet(expensive here) etc etc.

Pag dating nyo here, ask people who been long enough kahit anong lahi, if they are okay with their decision to migrate and I tell you 9 out of 10 will tell you they are not. I did a random back reading dito, and I see that some seem okay but read very closely to the kind of work na ginagawa nila dito. This is how I put it, "THERE IS NO SKILLED SHORTAGE IN CANADA, WHAT CANADA NEEDS ARE LABORERS." Truth hurts but yan ang totoo and if being a laborer if fine good and well for you then Canada is for you. It will offer of good healthcare and security. But to say that we are needed as skilled workers is the biggest lie of the Canadian government. For 1 single job ad here they say 1000 resumes are received.

Blatant propaganda ang immigration, its a big business here, ilan ba ang applicant na nag submit multiply that by fees, how much we have to bring in to settle, the suppose to be "bridge" "certifications" we pay to take. Prang immigrants na ang bumubuhay sa Canada. Oo alam natin na mahirap mag Simula pero Hindi lang sa Simula hanggan dulo, marami kayong ma meet na all their lives nag struggle sa Canada waiting for that big break that will never come.

No regrets for us cause there were no heads unturned we gave it our best, we toiled, we mixed, we network, we canadianized ourselves but we just had the foresight that years of struggling will not be worth it if (please take note) we already have a good life in the Philippines. We will just go weary and torn. Ang problem sa pilipinas govt sa Canada stress, never having enough even to save and less career fulfillment or none at all.

I am not posting this to discourage anyone, by all means go so you won't have a what if, I want to share my keen observation and discernment of the big lies that there is a shortage of "skilled" labor in Canada. Dont bother with your education or work credentials, they will not ask for it from you, there is a 95% chance you will work in factory, retail, restaurant/food and other menial jobs that is dead end. If somehow you manage to struggle and study, you would have missed important growing years of your kids who when have grown up will kick you.

Going here change my perspective of people in abroad, now I know how much struggle and trapped they are. They live their lives in constant stress you could see it in their swollen eye bugs and wrinkled face. They all look sad and lonely.

But, its also true that Canada has good infrastructure, government service such as healthcare etc etc. But another lie is their free public education, yon montessori nursery sa tin eh senior kinder ata tinuturo dito. Come here and check everything and find out if what I'm saying is true or not.

I'm just glad I land first at least we have a choice and not feel trap here. 4months is more than enough for me to know that if I stay long it will leave me numb, and will lose my self in this mundane cueshe. I should have left on my 2nd month but I wanted to give Canada benefit of the doubt.

Before, when I am asked what's your biggest blunder and i can't think of any, now my top of the mind answer is, being stubborn to think that Canada is what the govt and Canadians pretend it to be. For a moment I believe but the better of me woke me up and I humbled my self to my judgment of error.

Good luck to all you!

Note, sorry for errors in grammar and spelling Dont have time to re read.

Hi sparkfire, naalala ko ang username mo, nung kasagsagan pa ng application ko sa fsw 2014 at everyday akong nandito sa forum.

Sad to hear that you concluded Canada wasn't right for you. Pero I feel you. Hindi madali mag migrate. Pero nakita ko na to nung nag aaply pa lang ako. Hinanda ko ang sarili ko sa worst na maaring mangyari -- ang maglinis or maging cashier sa kabila ng maganda profession at salary ko sa Dubai. Pero naging mabait ang Canada sa amin, nakakuha ako ng job sa linya ko bilang estimator after 6 wks from landing. hindi ito nangangailangan ng professional upgrade tulad ng iba kaya masasabi kong naging mapalad ako at nakisama si canada.

I admire your courage in sharing your experience. best of luck sayo batchmate!!

dems

Apr 30, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sep. 29, 2014
Doc's Request.
photo request - 6-Feb-15
Nomination.....
PER: 9-Jan-15
File Transfer...
SLU updated 26Aug15, upto 5th Line update - 29Aug15
Med's Request
04-Sep-15
Med's Done....
14-Sep-15, except for our new born MR received 27Oct15
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
11-Nov-15
VISA ISSUED...
7-Dec-15
LANDED..........
In God's Time
RPeralta said:
Hi sparkfire, naalala ko ang username mo, nung kasagsagan pa ng application ko sa fsw 2014 at everyday akong nandito sa forum.

Sad to hear that you concluded Canada wasn't right for you. Pero I feel you. Hindi madali mag migrate. Pero nakita ko na to nung nag aaply pa lang ako. Hinanda ko ang sarili ko sa worst na maaring mangyari -- ang maglinis or maging cashier sa kabila ng maganda profession at salary ko sa Dubai. Pero naging mabait ang Canada sa amin, nakakuha ako ng job sa linya ko bilang estimator after 6 wks from landing. hindi ito nangangailangan ng professional upgrade tulad ng iba kaya masasabi kong naging mapalad ako at nakisama si canada.

I admire your courage in sharing your experience. best of luck sayo batchmate!!

Hi,

We also landed here last May 2016. I also work in Dubai prior to landing here in canada. In just 1 week nakakuha agad ng brand new car, within 1 month napasa ko ang canada driving license and in 5 weeks nakakuha ako ng work na medyo linya din sa profession ko. Now my two kids were very comfortable in this place. I think it depends on your expectation. Don't expect to much if you dont like to be failed. Just trust God in every detail of your life. Kasi anywhere in the world talagang my mga stresses, so i think it depends kung papano mo ihandle ang situation. Ika nga ni Pres. Duterte, "Change is difficult in the beginning, messy in the middle and beautiful in the end."...

Just sharing my story para maencourage naman ang iba dyan...! Thanks

Armando Jose

Sep 3, 2015
project_canada said:
Hi Armando. We landed in Vancouver in December 2015 and I have enrolled my kids to school. Yes, the School District requires the kids' Immunization Records. When our COPR was mailed to us (in Pinas), there is also an Immunization Record form which your kids' Pediatrician should fill-up and sign. You can present this form in the school district when you enrol them.
Hi Project Canada. Would you think it will matter if our Pedia did not use the immunization record form? He just typed it in excel and signed it. Thanks again.

MSDEETAN

Star Member
Sep 16, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-09-2014
Doc's Request.
CC 26-11-2014
Nomination.....
PER 23-12-2014
Med's Request
May 8, 2015
Med's Done....
May 15, 2015 started
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
February 2016
VISA ISSUED...
February 2016
LANDED..........
May 4 2016
I am looking for a single or couple to share the rent in my 2 bedroom apartment in the city of Niagara Falls.
Preferably a Filipino as we are also a Filipino Family.
Our apartment is centrally located along Lundy's Lane, Kalar Road so bus stop is just at the doorstep.
Schools and Grocery shopping is just across. pls message me if you are interested.

To Newcomers, Niagara Falls is the best place to raise a family. we are 2 minute walk from YMCA New Comers who can help you find a job and get yourselves settled just like what they did for us.
Hope to hear from you soon.

thanks! Dee

PurpleStar

Star Member
Nov 4, 2015
pie_vancouver said:
Hi Armando, you will land in Vancouver, 3h45m is more than enough for the landing process
but in case you were late just tell the airline desk because of the landing process and they will put you on the next flight.
;)
May rebooking fee ba pag na-miss ang flight because nadelay sa landing process? :)

Armando Jose

Sep 3, 2015
What airline are you taking and where are you going? With PAL, there's a stopover at Vancouver for refuelling. You are not allowed to out of the plane so the landing process is done at Toronto.

tinadubai

Dec 18, 2016
hi everyone..ask ko lng po sa mga kabayan kung meron po ba dito sa forum na nag apply as student sa British Columbia. Baka pwede nyo po i-share ung idea or information nyo about how to start to apply as student sa British Columbia.. Hoping po na merong sumagot.. Thanks

jinjin06

Aug 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-05-2014
Doc's Request.
PER Received 22-08-2014
IELTS Request
Included in application
Med's Request
17-09-2014
Med's Done....
22-04-2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
05-06-2015
LANDED..........
Oct 2015
bellaluna said:
Hey, guys, does anyone know if claiming 2+ years of driving experience with the LTO certificate in Ontario requires the DFA authentication (red ribbon)?

I've heard AB and BC don't anymore, and the LTO certificate of driving history is enough, but what about ON?

Thanks! :-*
Hey bellaluna - When I applied here in Ontario (last year, July 2016), I submitted the DFA authenticated LTO certificate.

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
jinjin06 said:
Hey bellaluna - When I applied here in Ontario (last year, July 2016), I submitted the DFA authenticated LTO certificate.
Thanks for the reply. I ended up getting the DFA authentication. I was based in the South, so I got a huge Uber bill for my round-trip to LTO main for the application, so it was cheaper to pay 100 for the authentication and go to DFA Aseana. :p

Nov 26, 2017
Hi everyone! i just want to share my story:

1st application: returned on September 7 per CIO SYDNEY email response. Due to INCOMPLETE APPLICATION. i swear to God I have provided all the documents to my consultant MASSOOD JOOMRATTY LAW CORP (Pinoys2Canada sattelite office in the Philippines).

To date, Consultant does not provide updates even if negative already. All of us clients have no PER yet

2nd application: filed this November. DIY. With the help of this forum.

moral of the story: Never trust a so- called "consultant" even if you pay for a hefty price of a service which could have probably helped you lessen stress and time-effort. Sadly,it was too late when I discovered this forum from my first application. DIY and help from fellow forum members are more helpful and money-saving.

Thanks to all!
Massood Joomratty is not associated with Pinoys2Canada anymore. Pinoys2Canada have stopped in partnership with him because of marital affair of Massood Joomratty to Atty. Abigail Patricia N. Dela Cruz. This two organized their own company called PassportCanada Philippines Assistance Inc but after one year, they closed it after the wife Susan Joomratty found out their relationship.