+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSWP 2013: Chit Chat & Congrats & Question / Answer Thread!

loncan

May 21, 2013
App. Filed.......
May 2013
LANDED..........
Jul 2014
immanuelluna said:
hello there. I have some question about POF. What if VO request updated POF, can i show my fund in different bank? Im planning to transfer my fund to another bank because this bank is much closer to my residence. thnx in advance
Just my opinion but I don't see why they would be concerned with your now having another account containing money.
Perhaps you could get some kind of evidence that you closed the other account (a letter confirming closure of your old account) so you could send with an explanation if needed.

CanadaItIs

Star Member
Jul 17, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys,

I am confused about some fields in the forms. As many of you are already done with your application, can you please guide me for these fields? I have listed down the fields and doubts below. Please see if you have any clues about them

1. Generic Application Form

a. National Identity Docuemtn: "Document number of National Identity Docuemnt" -- Which documents can be used here? I am applying from India and so think either of passport, driving license or Aadhar can be used here. Please suggest which one should be used?
b. Question 3: "How many family members, including you are in this application?" -- I understand that parents are not counted as dependents. So I am mentioning 1 here (as I am not married). Is that right?
c. Question 4: "Immigration office requested for processing the application?" -- I am applying from India, so it will be NEW DELHI, India right?

2. Background Declaration form
a. Question 2 -- "Write your name in native language" -- Should I print form and then write name using pen? Gujarati fonts are not available in the PDF
b. Question 7 -- "Education details" -- I studided from Standard 1st to 12th, then did B.Tech and finally MBA. So number of years for education for Primary: 7, Secondary: 5, University: 4 and Post Secondary Schools:2. I am confused about the last "Post Secondar School". Is 2 years right there?

3. Economic classes form:
a. Question 11(b): I am unable to enter '0' in the liabilities field. I am neither able to write N/A. Should I leave the field blank?

-- What document can be submitted as national ID?
-- If I am not using representative, is it necessary to submit 'Use of Representative' form?

Thanks!!

Vats

Champion Member
Feb 3, 2012
NEW CAP UPDATE, its a big joke........................
after @ month how cic can give such values which are totally non justified?????
the update must be earlier than 13th may as we have one applicant in spreadsheet of 3215 whose application reached on 13th may and cc charged while in update its 0!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tinju

Jul 17, 2013
hello all

ive just sent my application and it reached CIC office last wednesday ( 10th july 2013) as per my fedex tracking site...till date (been a week) i haven't received any acknowledgement from their side...just wanted to know if this is normal in terms of time span or am i missing something here..

thanks a lot for your help

cheers

Vats

Champion Member
Feb 3, 2012
tinju said:
hello all

ive just sent my application and it reached CIC office last wednesday ( 10th july 2013) as per my fedex tracking site...till date (been a week) i haven't received any acknowledgement from their side...just wanted to know if this is normal in terms of time span or am i missing something here..

thanks a lot for your help

cheers
no acknowledgement CIC gives
share your data at
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/updated-topics/-t146774.0.html;topicseen

tinju

Jul 17, 2013
thanks a lot vats for the quick reply...just another query...ive lived in 4 countries and need police certificates from all...couldnt send them along with the application...for couple of them i am in the process of getting them done soon and will be able to send in couple of weeks time...but for Hong kong and Singapore i need "request for police certificates" from CIC...guess for them i have to wait till cic contacts me with those...but for the ones i can send ..should i send them in another courier as soon as they are done...my only concern is i haven't received any identification number(for my application) from their side yet ...and want to make sure that the certificates match with the proper application ..

ill update my record in the sheet asap..

thanks again

Vats

Champion Member
Feb 3, 2012
tinju said:
thanks a lot vats for the quick reply...just another query...ive lived in 4 countries and need police certificates from all...couldnt send them along with the application...for couple of them i am in the process of getting them done soon and will be able to send in couple of weeks time...but for Hong kong and Singapore i need "request for police certificates" from CIC...guess for them i have to wait till cic contacts me with those...but for the ones i can send ..should i send them in another courier as soon as they are done...my only concern is i haven't received any identification number(for my application) from their side yet ...and want to make sure that the certificates match with the proper application ..

ill update my record in the sheet asap..

thanks again
PCC is not mandatory, you can send after you get PER and VO ask you for the same
anyhow 6month old pcc is not valid so you need to submit at that time

ESZB

Jun 22, 2013
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
June 2013
IELTS Request
Granted (8.0)
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
Yep!
LANDED..........
CanadaItIs said:
Hi guys,

I am confused about some fields in the forms. As many of you are already done with your application, can you please guide me for these fields? I have listed down the fields and doubts below. Please see if you have any clues about them

1. Generic Application Form
a. National Identity Docuemtn: "Document number of National Identity Docuemnt" -- Which documents can be used here? I am applying from India and so think either of passport, driving license or Aadhar can be used here. Please suggest which one should be used?
b. Question 3: "How many family members, including you are in this application?" -- I understand that parents are not counted as dependents. So I am mentioning 1 here (as I am not married). Is that right?
c. Question 4: "Immigration office requested for processing the application?" -- I am applying from India, so it will be NEW DELHI, India right?

2. Background Declaration form
a. Question 2 -- "Write your name in native language" -- Should I print form and then write name using pen? Gujarati fonts are not available in the PDF
b. Question 7 -- "Education details" -- I studided from Standard 1st to 12th, then did B.Tech and finally MBA. So number of years for education for Primary: 7, Secondary: 5, University: 4 and Post Secondary Schools:2. I am confused about the last "Post Secondar School". Is 2 years right there?

3. Economic classes form:
a. Question 11(b): I am unable to enter '0' in the liabilities field. I am neither able to write N/A. Should I leave the field blank?

-- What document can be submitted as national ID?
-- If I am not using representative, is it necessary to submit 'Use of Representative' form?

Thanks!!
1a. Aadhar Card. Send it as your national ID document.
1b. "1" is correct.
1c. New Delhi

2a. Type in English. Print it and then Write the names in native language using pen.
2b. 7 for primary?? Did u include kindergarten and prep in that too? :D maybe Vats can shed some light on this one.

3a. Write a "0" with a pen after printing

No need to send the "use of representative form" if not using a representative/consultant/agent.

Best of luck

crystalviolet

Jul 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-07-2013
Nomination.....
08-10-2013
IELTS Request
25-05-2013
LANDED..........
2014!
hi guys,
is it possible to land in canada, then work in the US for 1 year. as i understood the residency requires 2 years out of five years to qualify for permanent residency. you see, getting certified in canada as a medical technologist is hard and expensive. i only plan to work there for a year, just to have enough savings to facilitate my going back to school and handle other expenses of this transition period. than you in advance for all of you who will answer. :)

idima

Jun 5, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
crystalviolet said:
hi guys,
is it possible to land in canada, then work in the US for 1 year. as i understood the residency requires 2 years out of five years to qualify for permanent residency. you see, getting certified in canada as a medical technologist is hard and expensive. i only plan to work there for a year, just to have enough savings to facilitate my going back to school and handle other expenses of this transition period. than you in advance for all of you who will answer. :)
You confused residency with citizenship and getting Canadian passport.
As soon as you land in Canada as permanent resident, you are free to go.

Many people live with their PR status without applying for citizenship, as they are afraid to lose their original citizenship or for whatever reasons.
The only difference from citizenship is that you PR status can be cancelled if you commit a crime and you cannot vote.

islandbabe

Champion Member
Mar 26, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
For those considering Quebec as an option, the door just closed a bit:

The Government of Quebec has officially announced changes to language rules for immigration through the Quebec Skilled Worker (QSW) program. This announcement was made in the Gazette Officielle du Quebec/The Quebec Gazette on Wednesday, July 17th 2013.

In addition to modifying language criteria, the government has announced its intent to institute a cap on application intake and to publish a new list of areas of training/fields of study.

Language Rules

Applicants applying to the skilled worker stream of the QSW program can receive a maximum of 22 points for language skills. Up to 16 points are awarded for French proficiency, and up to 6 for English.

French points are assessed on a scale from A1 (beginner) to C2 (advanced/fluent). Previously, points could be claimed for any level of proficiency in listening and speaking. This began with 1 point for A1 level and a maximum of 8 points for a C1 or C2 level for each proficiency.

The points system has been changed so that, moving forward, no points will be awarded until the B2 (advanced intermediate) level. In addition, applicants will now have the opportunity to earn points for reading and writing proficiency. Up to 1 point can be earned in each of these categories.

The charts below illustrates the new points breakdown:

English proficiency has similarly changed. Points for English language skills will not be awarded until the Intermediate level, or levels 5-8 according to government criteria:

It is important to note that applicants would not be disqualified for possessing less than B1 proficiency in French or English. The QSW application is assessed on a points system, and it is possible for an applicant to achieve sufficient points without being awarded points for their language skills.

These language rules will be effective for new applicants beginning August 1st, 2013. The rules will be effective retroactively for submitted files for which preliminary processing has not already begun. What constitutes ‘preliminary processing' has not been made clear in the government's announcement.

Proposed Changes

Two additional changes, proposed a week prior, have not yet been made official.

The first will place a cap of 20,000 on application intake for the QSW program. The second will involve publishing a new list of eligible areas of training/fields of study. Currently, applicants to the skilled worker stream of the QSW must have training in one of 110 areas of training/fields of study. This list corresponds to occupations the government has identified as in-demand in the Quebec.

What Applicants Should Know

French language ability has always played a significant role in the QSW program, Quebec's largest immigration program. English proficiency remains important, however, and maximum points for English language skills have not diminished under this new system.

“These changes reflect the emphasis Quebec places on language proficiency. The government believes that speaking Canada's official languages is an essential tool for economic and social integration into the province,” said Attorney David Cohen.

Attorney Cohen added that “while language proficiency is indeed important, not all applicants need these skills to qualify for immigration. Others with limited skills may be able to attain a higher level through language study. As always, Canada's immigration system awards immigrants who are organized and motivated to come here.”

It is unknown when the Quebec Government will officially release the new list of areas of training/field of study but it is safe to say it will be on or before August 1st, 2013.

Vel_BG

Star Member
Jun 7, 2013
Bulgaria
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-05-2013
Nomination.....
(PER): 22-07-2013
AOR Received.
N/A
Med's Request
29-10-2013
Med's Done....
31-10-2013
Passport Req..
08-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-11-2013
LANDED..........
...soon
Flash74 said:
Guys,

What's the CIC email address to check the application status after 6 weeks?

Thanks
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/canada/sydney.asp

Expand Economic Classes and go page down.
Note it's been changed to 8 – 10 weeks, whatsoever.