+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

HopelesslyDevoted

Oct 11, 2021
Category........
FSW
Team, not gunna lie, I am definitely feeling the weight from this week's news.
Considering that my VO has yet to start processing FSW apps, I feel like I may just be one of the "lucky" backlogged 20K who get pushed to their 2023 quota..

I understand a lot of fellas out there are struggling a lot in the pre-ITA phase. Just, ya know, venting my frustration here as I'm about to celebrate my 18 month processing time tomorrow. This time last year, I was so excited as I kept watch of my progress bar (long removed now...) hit 100%.
Damn.

FurioGiunta

Nov 18, 2020
Does anyone know whether IRCC is requesting PCCs again from long backlogged files? Mine is Nov 2019 and I wanted to know if there is possibility that they might ask for it? What are the possible reasons they ask for redoing it?
Yes there is definitely a possibility they will ask for it again. Criminality check can expire. If you can get fresh PCCs now, I would suggest doing it and keeping it ready.

Reactions: RSub and SaBong

leonrdoandrade

Star Member
Jun 19, 2021
IRCC is processing PNP applications which were submitted 8-10 months after me and PNP draws have not stopped. Immigration minister said new applications will be processed within the standard timeline and I think my application is lost in the backlog blackhole. I will be very lucky if I get any update this year.
I don't know if I'm being too optimistic but I think that they will have to clear the whole PNP backlog this year to achieve their 2022 PNP target. The latest PNP backlog number (as of Feb 01) was 68,682 and the 2022 PNP target is 83,500, so they can clear the backlog this year + land ~14.818 new applicants. Besides, I dont think that IRCC would take risks to count on people who are getting ITA now and consequently the PPR at the end of the year to land in Canada before 2022 ends

dankboi

VIP Member
Apr 19, 2021
London, United Kingdom
Category........
FSW
Does anyone know whether IRCC is requesting PCCs again from long backlogged files? Mine is Nov 2019 and I wanted to know if there is possibility that they might ask for it? What are the possible reasons they ask for redoing it?
from the PPR timelines on immitracker for the past month, many apps had ADR- PCC 2-4 weeks prior to PPR.
Most ADR's requested prior to PPR- Proof of Funds, Medical and PCC

ElvisRamaj

Apr 26, 2021
Tirana, AL
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Considering that my VO has yet to start processing FSW apps, I feel like I may just be one of the "lucky" backlogged 20K who get pushed to their 2023 quota..

I understand a lot of fellas out there are struggling a lot in the pre-ITA phase. Just, ya know, venting my frustration here as I'm about to celebrate my 18 month processing time tomorrow. This time last year, I was so excited as I kept watch of my progress bar (long removed now...) hit 100%.
Damn.
Have you done upfront medicals ?

If not, just do it. $250 is nothing to, at least, make an agent look at your file.

Reactions: RSub and dankboi

suzanne456

Star Member
Feb 13, 2020

Damn.
You should be cautiously optimistic,, your AOR is in Aug 2020, there were roughly 40k ITAs issued for all programs AFTER your AOR in 2020, which means all of them will have an AOR after you. so I presume the majority of the 49k FSW backlog have AORs after you. This is validated by immitracker where pages for AORs after your date is still in the blue, no greens. Its a sample, but good enough. If your VO is ottawa, and they DO operate on a FIFO basis, then you might stand a chance. IRCC has got to the majority of files till march 2020. And there was a hiatus of draws from march, so not as many applications between MAR and AUG of 2020.

Wave1rose

Jul 7, 2021
Hello All
I have EE profile with crs of 471 and noc 4163 and overseas applicant. I havent recieved any invite yet. I wanted to get your guidance on what recent changes/announcement means for anyone with my score and sitiation. If someone can please explain briefly. That would be very helpful. Thanks

Reactions: dankboi

Shadow09

Jul 16, 2021
Hello All
I have EE profile with crs of 471 and noc 4163 and overseas applicant. I havent recieved any invite yet. I wanted to get your guidance on what recent changes/announcement means for anyone with my score and sitiation. If someone can please explain briefly. That would be very helpful. Thanks
You will get PR soon. Congrats.

Reactions: fdelliott2

PRANIT01

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2021
chinook isn't verifying shit, it's a simple sorting tool on excel. it simply sorts the new apps and recommends a decision based on the previous decisions.
But once a shady agent is flagged in the database, next time a new app is submitted having the same agent / representative on gckey, then chinook recommends instant refusal and presents it to the visa officer later to click on reject and paste some generic reasons to the gcms
So will this chinook affect pending applications after eligibility

Last edited:

HopelesslyDevoted

Oct 11, 2021
Category........
FSW
boss, you were in the right place but the wrong time, but time passes. either way most of y'll are in this shit together.
I know, bud. Ups and downs, this wild ride we're all on.
Grateful for dudes like you, helping us all stay a bit sane in the memetime.

Have you done upfront medicals ?

If not, just do it. $250 is nothing to, at least, make an agent look at your file.
I've thought about it, since my medicals expired 6 months ago now. But as my VO has yet to wake up, I'm afraid it might be meaningless, and they just end up requesting remedicals again later this year.

You should be cautiously optimistic,, your AOR is in Aug 2020, there were roughly 40k ITAs issued for all programs AFTER your AOR in 2020, which means all of them will have an AOR after you. so I presume the majority of the 49k FSW backlog have AORs after you. This is validated by immitracker where pages for AORs after your date is still in the blue, no greens. Its a sample, but good enough. If your VO is ottawa, and they DO operate on a FIFO basis, then you might stand a chance. IRCC has got to the majority of files till march 2020. And there was a hiatus of draws from march, so not as many applications between MAR and AUG of 2020.
Thanks a lot for this, Suzanne. Silver linings, right? :)
Unfortunately, my VO is Mexico, and no movement from them recently. Hopefully they get back to it soon and do process apps on a FIFO basis (I'm guessing there are not a lot of apps stuck there before mine, at least as per immitracker).

berational

Star Member
Sep 10, 2021
Hello All
Express entry program in the future will certainly be different from what it was used to be in the past. Minister Fraser was seen yesterday in a meeting with business council talking about adding flexibility to the express entry system by conducting draws for specific sectors(noc based) and location. He also mentioned expanding the pathways for international students and people with undocumented status in Canada.
He hinted about CEC specific draws in near term and FSW draws in near future.
There are so many unknowns, making it too difficult to plan anything at this moment for future.

Reactions: Yodm