+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

Timbuktu_14

Champion Member
Feb 5, 2020
Once you go out in -20 C temperature/windchill, 10 C is warm cargo weather lol. You adapt to it and get used to it. I don't whip out any serious winter wear apart from a hoodie or a basic sweater above 0 C since it makes me uncomfortable. Came a long way from thinking I had to wear a sweater in Chennai winter..
lol

Ryucnd

Star Member
Jan 21, 2022
Cornwall
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/2022/02/canada-continues-to-welcome-more-afghan-refugees.html?fbclid=IwAR2SaAPuXxO6h1S2CeGRe_G-hwTgzUKIjNn3RJjxrkLRsEjDjrV0jD03wis

Canada continues to welcome more Afghan refugees
News release
February 11, 2022—Ottawa—The Government of Canada is working hard to resettle 40,000 Afghan nationals as quickly and safely as possible. Over the past week, nearly 460 Afghan refugees arrived in Canada on 20 different commercial flights. To date, a total of 7,550 Afghan nationals have arrived in Canada.
On February 3, a flight with 90 government-assisted refugees arrived at the Vancouver International Airport (YVR) and was greeted by Musqueam elders, who welcomed the newcomers to their territory with a cedar brushing and welcome song as a way to ensure a fresh start and safe path on the next steps of their journey. As part of the Vancouver Airport Authority’s Friendship Agreement with Musqueam, and as a step toward reconciliation, Musqueam and YVR hope the gesture helps share a glimpse of Musqueam history and culture and encourages newcomers to learn more about Indigenous people in Canada.
Photos of the Musqueam ceremony are available in Dropbox. You can also monitor Canada’s progress on welcoming Afghan refugees to Canada.
Quotes
“It is extraordinary to watch our communities welcome some of the world’s most vulnerable. I am encouraged to see more Afghan refugees landing safely in Canada, with nearly 460 people arriving on 20 commercial flights in the last week alone. I want to thank the Musqueam elders in particular for their beautiful gesture in welcoming some of our newest neighbours to their traditional and unceded territory.”
– The Honourable Sean Fraser, Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship
“Musqueam is proud to welcome newcomers to our territory. Through our relationship with YVR, we are able to showcase our culture and connection to the lands and waters that many refugees will now call home. Together, we demonstrate the mutual respect that is a building block for reconciliation in Canada.”
– Chief Wayne Sparrow, Musqueam Indian Band
“At YVR, we are honoured to play a role in Canada’s efforts to resettle Afghan refugees alongside our Musqueam partners, ensuring their first impression of YVR included the traditional welcome of Musqueam as the original stewards of the land on which we sit.”
– Tamara Vrooman, President and CEO, YVR
Quick facts
  • Afghan refugees have resettled in more than 90 communities across Canada. In the past week, Afghan newcomers were welcomed in Toronto, Calgary and Vancouver.
  • Government-assisted refugees resettle in communities where there is an IRCC-funded resettlement service provider organization. The Province of Quebec receives separate funding to provide similar services as part of the Canada-Quebec Accord.
  • Privately sponsored refugees settle in the same community as their sponsor.

• Sad
Reactions: RSub

PRANIT01

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2021
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/2022/02/canada-continues-to-welcome-more-afghan-refugees.html?fbclid=IwAR2SaAPuXxO6h1S2CeGRe_G-hwTgzUKIjNn3RJjxrkLRsEjDjrV0jD03wis

Canada continues to welcome more Afghan refugees
News release
February 11, 2022—Ottawa—The Government of Canada is working hard to resettle 40,000 Afghan nationals as quickly and safely as possible. Over the past week, nearly 460 Afghan refugees arrived in Canada on 20 different commercial flights. To date, a total of 7,550 Afghan nationals have arrived in Canada.
On February 3, a flight with 90 government-assisted refugees arrived at the Vancouver International Airport (YVR) and was greeted by Musqueam elders, who welcomed the newcomers to their territory with a cedar brushing and welcome song as a way to ensure a fresh start and safe path on the next steps of their journey. As part of the Vancouver Airport Authority’s Friendship Agreement with Musqueam, and as a step toward reconciliation, Musqueam and YVR hope the gesture helps share a glimpse of Musqueam history and culture and encourages newcomers to learn more about Indigenous people in Canada.
Photos of the Musqueam ceremony are available in Dropbox. You can also monitor Canada’s progress on welcoming Afghan refugees to Canada.
Quotes

Quick facts

• Afghan refugees have resettled in more than 90 communities across Canada. In the past week, Afghan newcomers were welcomed in Toronto, Calgary and Vancouver.
  • Government-assisted refugees resettle in communities where there is an IRCC-funded resettlement service provider organization. The Province of Quebec receives separate funding to provide similar services as part of the Canada-Quebec Accord.
  • Privately sponsored refugees settle in the same community as their sponsor.
Now a days this doesn't bother me much because for 1 full year they didn't touch most of our applications so not surprised seeing all this.

Usmanleo4

Sep 16, 2020
Pakistan
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-06-2020
Nomination.....
30-09-2020
AOR Received.
16-10-2020
Hello everyone,
I am a silent member of this group. This group has been very helpful during the strenuous two years. Thank you to everyone.

Received PPR on 11/02/2022
AOR 16 OCT 2020
FSW-O

I have a little query. For passport submission, i have to submit photographs of my wife and son too. But they are currently in another city.
Will there be any issue, if they get their photographs from a different studio, and i get mine from another studio?

Thanks for all the help!

hdcanada_10

Star Member
Aug 4, 2020
Hello everyone,
I am a silent member of this group. This group has been very helpful during the strenuous two years. Thank you to everyone.

Received PPR on 11/02/2022
AOR 16 OCT 2020
FSW-O

I have a little query. For passport submission, i have to submit photographs of my wife and son too. But they are currently in another city.
Will there be any issue, if they get their photographs from a different studio, and i get mine from another studio?

Thanks for all the help!
You can give different studio details.

What I'm wondering is if you can get away with using one studio details :p?

Maybe someone with experience can pitch in.

SJCochrane6

Star Member
Jan 9, 2021
Are there any places in Australia that do not get hot? I hate the heat. Anything above 30C is garbage weather because there's no clothing for the heat. From what I've heard, most of the major cities in Australia have extreme heat during the summers. I've also heard that brisbane doesn't get hot and has the best weather throughout the year. Is that true?
Nope Brisbanes summers are pretty hot and humid and I would say still too uncomfortably hot. Major cities with the most mild of summers would be Sydney, Melbourne and of course Tasmania. They all do still experience heat waves during summer but its not sustained heat for the whole summer like the northern part of the country. Sydney for example averages about 27 Celsius for the summer period.

chemistesa

Star Member
Feb 10, 2017
If you know how to order food in a language does not mean you are proficient in it. Incidentally, did those four countries invade your country in the past?
Some of them did. And We invaded some of them :)

And I don't order food. I can cook very good Mexican and Indian food :)

Fiji_Islander

Star Member
Feb 7, 2022
Hey All... need some helpful assistance before PPR
I am AOR April 2020 and just recieved an ADR for POF and have 30 days to submit these Doc. I have a little concern about the updated POF (3 months Statements, documentation for source of funds etc) The thing is I had the funds in my account untouched for most of 2020 through to 2021 until August 2021 when I did not receive any updates and there was no movement on my file. I therefore decided to use about 3k CAD of the 13 500 CAD I provided as POF pre-AOR towards tuition for short diploma program in my country as I felt I couldnt just sit idle and not develop myself personally while waiting for IRCC. Back then I had received 4000 CAD as a gift deed from my mother and provided all supporting documents. My question is, now that I need to top up the current balance 10500 CAD with the 3k CAD will it be a problem if I get another gift deed from my mother once again? Is that something I could get a refusal for since I used some of the money while waiting for PPR?

D

Deleted member 1050918

will it be a problem if I get another gift deed from my mother once again?
No problem

Is that something I could get a refusal for
Probably not. What you're looking at is probably a tedious ADR rather than refusal since your records will probably look questionable to the officer. You're trying to put a considerable amount (that is certainly not your own funds) back in a very short time after all. Albeit gifted from your mother, the money probably looks suspicious so they might ask you to submit additional docs to really prove that money didn't just appear out of nowhere.

there was no movement on my file. I therefore decided to use about 3k
This is probably one of the craziest things an EE applicant can do. "No movement on file so I'll go ahead and spend my POF whilst not having moved on from Canada entirely" - not recommended at all

Big question is, why not let your mom pay for the degree and keep your funds untouched in the first place? See? It does look suspicious...

Yodm

Feb 8, 2022
Hello guys, i'm new here. I read in one of the replies that a member here got the French points in 6 months. Please any idea on the resources she used and how she went about it? I'm a few points away from crs 500 but TEF seems to be the only option now. Thanks for your response

Reactions: dankboi