+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

dankboi

VIP Member
Apr 19, 2021
London, United Kingdom
Category........
FSW
While a Canadian degree sure does help reducing the time to find a good job in Canada, mush has a point. Getting a Canadian degree costs you a lot of money and opportunity cost is big too. I have Canadian born friends with full Canadian credentials, and pretty good credentials actually, yet even they struggled in the job hunt.

Arguably the best approach is finding a survival job first, then going to a Canadian school while financing yourself and searching for a better job at the same time. The degree should be no longer than 2 years (master's usually) and in some cases MEng (1 year no thesis) works really good too. Most importantly, your lab/supervisor should have strong industry connections and must be willing to redirect you to those connections upon graduating. If you're patient and don't absolutely hate your survival job, you can extend the time you spend without going to school but applying for jobs. You might just land a job earlier than you decide to go to school.

One should remember when you're paying to a school, you're not paying for the degree but for the network.
consideratekangaroo

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
While a Canadian degree sure does help reducing the time to find a good job in Canada, mush has a point. Getting a Canadian degree costs you a lot of money and opportunity cost is big too. I have Canadian born friends with full Canadian credentials, and pretty good credentials actually, yet even they struggled in the job hunt.

Arguably the best approach is finding a survival job first, then going to a Canadian school while financing yourself and searching for a better job at the same time. The degree should be no longer than 2 years (master's usually) and in some cases MEng (1 year no thesis) works really good too. Most importantly, your lab/supervisor should have strong industry connections and must be willing to redirect you to those connections upon graduating. If you're patient and don't absolutely hate your survival job, you can extend the time you spend without going to school but applying for jobs. You might just land a job earlier than you decide to go to school.

One should remember when you're paying to a school, you're not paying for the degree but for the network.
You Engineer background people should get into data analytics. Not sure why more don't do it. Better money, more opportunities and you have the skillset

Just things to consider. We can sit here and debate hypotheticals all day long, but at the end of the day, my opinion is that a Canadian degree is simply not worth it, unless you're 18 and deciding to do your undergrad there. Yours may be different, and the person I responded to may or may not agree. Doesn't really matter.
Yeah, just trying to point out that it could be worth it depending on the context. Obviously if you've worked in big MNCs then you'll probably find something sooner than later

Sharlegail

Star Member
Jan 21, 2022
You Engineer background people should get into data analytics. Not sure why more don't do it. Better money, more opportunities and you have the skillset

Yeah, just trying to point out that it could be worth it depending on the context. Obviously if you've worked in big MNCs then you'll probably find something sooner than later
For me the real value of the degree is PGWP for 3 years, which helps you to be little bit more independent from IRCC’s will to open FSWs stream just a little bit

Reactions: dankboi

Sharlegail

Star Member
Jan 21, 2022
Why the hell would anyone want to hold more draws when they have enough applications to meet their targets for 3 years? You want more backlogs?
Because minister said that they want to continue the process. If they stop the draws they will damage the whole system and loose skilled immigrants

dankboi

VIP Member
Apr 19, 2021
London, United Kingdom
Category........
FSW
Manitoba PNP invites 315 immigration candidates
Manitoba has now invited 758 immigration candidates to apply for a provincial nomination in 2022.

Manitoba released details of a new immigration draw held on January 27.

The Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program (MPNP) invited candidates across three Provincial Nominee Programs (PNPs). Here are the number of invitations issued for each program as well as the minimum score cut-off according to the province’s Expression of Interest (EOI) system:
Among these invitations, 69 were issued to candidates in the Express Entry system.

Reactions: dainte58945

Akdun

Jan 28, 2022
Hi all, I recently ordered GCMS notes recently and it reads as follows:

ASSESSMENTS
Eligibility: Passed
Security: Not Started
HIRV:
Criminality: In Progress
Org Crime:
Medical: Passed - Expired
Misrepresentation:
Info Sharing: Complete
Other Reqs:
Final:

And as I check into procedure records, the last update was Sep 2020. My AOR (FSW-O) was Jul 2020, is it common for Criminality to take such a long time?

My impression is that someone at CIC or its agents simply forgets to pick up my case :( Is there anything I can do other than just waiting and seeing everyone around me getting their remed requests?

LayinLow

Mar 16, 2021
Hi all, I recently ordered GCMS notes recently and it reads as follows:

ASSESSMENTS
Eligibility: Passed
Security: Not Started
HIRV:
Criminality: In Progress
Org Crime:
Medical: Passed - Expired
Misrepresentation:
Info Sharing: Complete
Other Reqs:
Final:

And as I check into procedure records, the last update was Sep 2020. My AOR (FSW-O) was Jul 2020, is it common for Criminality to take such a long time?

My impression is that someone at CIC or its agents simply forgets to pick up my case :( Is there anything I can do other than just waiting and seeing everyone around me getting their remed requests?
When did you give your biometrics ? Coz security n background check starts after that