+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

D

Deleted member 1006777

weren't we seeing things since December 2020
What things have we seen since December 2020? Good for the people who got their COPRs, but that literally saying nothing about all program draws. I don't consider 8 PPRs on the Outlander PPR thread noteworthy in any way, even though some people were hilariously starting to get excited about it.

GaryChapman VP

Mar 24, 2020
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
Ukrainian community in Canada on edge as tensions with Russia escalate

Many fear for safety of friends and family — and are asking Canada to do more against threat of invasion
As tensions mount between Ukraine and Russia, many in Canada's Ukrainian community are watching and worrying about what the crisis means for their country of origin and loved ones living there.
Amid the tensions, there has been a growing movement calling for support from the Canadian government and other Canadians.

In Winnipeg, about 50 people gathered in a churchyard on Sunday to show solidarity with Ukraine. The rally was organized by the Manitoba chapter of the UCC as part of the national organization's #StandWithUkraine campaign.

Among those rallying was Yevgeniya Tatarenko, whose mother lives in Novomykolaivka, in southeastern Ukraine. If the situation worsens, Tatarenko hasn't ruled out trying to bring her mother to Canada as a refugee.
Wow, this issue is gaining traction real fast. I sense another afghan refugee crisis sort of situation IRCC can shut themselves to focus on, around the corner

ElvisRamaj

Apr 26, 2021
Tirana, AL
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
What things have we seen since December 2020? Good for the people who got their COPRs, but that literally saying nothing about all program draws. I don't consider 8 PPRs on the Outlander PPR thread noteworthy in any way, even though some people were hilariously starting to get excited about it.
You are right, one of them being me unfortunately.

As soon as I saw that memo, I put FSW on plan C. I don't think they will conduct any All Program draws at least until July, it is absolutely easy to see now by the backlog that they have and their intentions. Heart broken in many levels, but it is their country, their priorities and their rules.

It is what it is, so we should make our next moves.

D

Deleted member 1006777

You are right, one of them being me unfortunately.

As soon as I saw that memo, I put FSW on plan C. I don't think they will conduct any All Program draws at least until July, it is absolutely easy to see now by the backlog that they have and their intentions. Heart broken in many levels, but it is their country, their priorities and their rules.

It is what it is, so we should make our next moves.
For what it's worth, CLB7 in TEF will put you in the 510s at least, so you'll be set if they resume draws for the homogeneous folk. Don't expect to land in Canada before mid 2024 though.

Reactions: ElvisRamaj

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
Or go towards more dedicated CEC/grandpa draws?
Why?
The only reason CEC only draws were happening was because of travel restrictions. With those gone, there is no longer any reason. If you need proof, look at the number of PPRs issued to FSW and CEC these days. FSW is back and its not going to go away.

The person you're responding to is an FSW, and none of this actually helps their situation.
Actually it does. We will know how much they are going to allow this year once we know their immigration levels. Before they come to any conclusion, I am merely suggesting to wait for few weeks and get the true picture.

But yeah, I get the point. We'll see what happens in a couple of weeks. I'm calling it now, they will not give any updates on FSW, in fact they will not even mention it, as they have always done to this day.
I am not sure what update you need. At their level planning, its all the same and they call it FHS classes. Their plan does not differentiate CEC/FSW/FST. The quota comes as a common one. The question remaining is when the invites will be back and what level of invites we will see. You can get that idea from how many FHS they want to admit this year and how they split the load of Afghans and TR2PR. Do they make a haircut in quota of FHS only OR do they distribute it on Spouse and family class and H&C class as well or do they increase the over all level. As far as processing capacity goes, they have that. Last year they were doing 44-46K a month towards the end of the year... they can achieve 450K a year if they want.

aseemrastogi2

Feb 16, 2019
I thought the kangroo guy was trolling as usual by saying that mandamus is only solution for fsw.
But it is a realization that is dawning on me with every passing day. There is no serious intention from Ottawa to process any file.
But what happens in case a decision is made during the time filing for mandamus is ongoing? (I believe the process takes time, right?) Or is that once mandamus has been used as an option, then there's no chance of the file being finalized until the mandamus is accepted?

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
I thought the kangroo guy was trolling as usual by saying that mandamus is only solution for fsw.
To be very honest, at any time your processing time goes up by twice the advertized time, mandamus is a very real option. Most of the time people delay using it because of cost it comes with or many times they are not even aware of it. That being said, a liberal use of it is going to get you a queue in courts. Its one queue over another.

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
But what happens in case a decision is made during the time filing for mandamus is ongoing? (I believe the process takes time, right?) Or is that once mandamus has been used as an option, then there's no chance of the file being finalized until the mandamus is accepted?
What ever you paid to the lawyer is not going to come back. You get the PR. Thats all. Case will be dismissed.

mornaz

Star Member
Mar 31, 2021
I am a troll that tells the truth ahead of time. The usual cycle is: News come out > I predict what's gonna happen and what best to do > people give me shit for it because they suck at statistics and reading situations > weeks pass by and I turn out right > people start saying what I already said weeks ago > repeat

I know what the issue with people is. In our dumbass modern culture, being realistic and having critical thinking abilities is seen as "pessimistic" or "depressing". People are dumb; lucky I'm not.
I hear you.
But at least for me, it was not being optimistic. It costs money. And having a family to feed, with the pressure of the pandemic, I am not at liberty to spend without contemplating on it.

D

Deleted member 1050918

I hear you.
But at least for me, it was not being optimistic. It costs money. And having a family to feed, with the pressure of the pandemic, I am not at liberty to spend without contemplating on it.
Unfortunately IRCC has put people in such a situation where people with more money get better service while IRCC originally defined the service as equal. Mandamus, TR2PR, CEC etc these things I believe perpetually damaged the image of Canadian immigration for skilled foreign nationals. It's all over the news now.

Reactions: rogerEE
D

Deleted member 1006777

there is no longer any reason
Shorter processing times (i.e. easier applications), less wasted ITAs, PRs already "landed", further incentivizing 100k per candidate per year on Canadian degrees. Travel restrictions was the excuse, not the reason.

If you need proof, look at the number of PPRs issued to FSW and CEC these days.
Do you have the actual numbers? I'd love to take a look. I don't consider reading canadavisa threads as being representative of the actual situation. And this forum is not proof of anything. It's as reliable as immitracker, if not less so. And we can all agree on how shitty immitracker is to form any consensus with.

I mean I hope you're right, but I doubt it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: PRANIT01