+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

aseemrastogi2

Feb 16, 2019
@krishnapahlajani93 Do the following:
  1. Raise a webform stating that you have passed All Stages/ Assessments, and have been waiting for an approval. Ask if there is anything you can provide on your end to help facilitate a final decision from an officer
  2. Email OINP explaining the situation. State that you have bene very eager to move to the province to start contributing both economically and to the community, but IRCC's delay in making a final decision on your application has prevented this so far. Ask if there is anything they can do to expedite the process
  3. If you know your primary VO from your GCMS notes, then email them (assuming you can find their email address). State that you can see that your application is just awaiting a final decision, and that the extended delay has had a negative impact on your mental health as well as other aspects of your life, etc. Really humanize yourself in their eyes.
  4. If all of the above doesn't yield any results, then you are a prime candidate for mandamus. Yes, it might cost more, but at this point, you should have had a decision made already.
@EscoBlades Thanks for sharing these points. How long do you suggest one must wait between the first 3 steps and then exploring step 4.

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
Wow. This is something I never thought of till now. But really, do you think the province would have any incentive to push IRCC for our app processing?
Maybe, the new AINP Tech stream is something called "accelerated" which mean IRCC will finalize the applications within 6 months, maybe OINP can do the same for us and push IRCC to finalize our applications.

D

Deleted member 1050918

Maybe, the new AINP Tech stream is something called "accelerated" which mean IRCC will finalize the applications within 6 months, maybe OINP can do the same for us and push IRCC to finalize our applications.
AINP Tech Stream is only for those who are already employed in AB though. So I believe this speed boost is the product of an additional agreement between AB and IRCC. AB probably accepted to pay some money to hire additional IRCC agents that are assigned to AINP files whenever commanded. We outlanders will probably have to wait.

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
AINP Tech Stream is only for those who are already employed in AB though. So I believe this speed boost is the product of an additional agreement between AB and IRCC. AB probably accepted to pay some money to hire additional IRCC agents that are assigned to AINP files whenever commanded. We outlanders will probably have to wait.
The processing from IRCC is supposed to be the same for everyone in this stream because Alberta needs tech workers now.

D

Deleted member 1050918

The processing from IRCC is supposed to be the same for everyone in this stream because Alberta needs tech workers now.
It is the same processing from IRCC but IRCC is probably getting paid by Alberta allocate (hire) officers for AINP Tech files. You wait if there's no IRCC officers picking up your file. If AB comes pays IRCC to make an officer pick up your file then you get your PR sooner. I think that's what they're doing. I doubt IRCC would be willing to do it without getting paid. They don't have enough officers.

Reactions: seadrag0n

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
It is the same processing from IRCC but IRCC is probably getting paid by Alberta allocate (hire) officers for AINP Tech files. You wait if there's no IRCC officers picking up your file. If AB comes pays IRCC to make an officer pick up your file then you get your PR sooner. I think that's what they're doing. I doubt IRCC would be willing to do it without getting paid. They don't have enough officers.
OINP should also do the same so that I can get my PR this year.

Timbuktu_14

Champion Member
Feb 5, 2020
OINP used Covid as excuse for slow processing in the second half of 2020 so it'd be a valid excuse from IRCC.

Reactions: seadrag0n

EscoBlades

Champion Member
Jul 22, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Money flows from Federal to Provincial in Canada, not the other way around. Provinces don't pay IRCC. If they did, it would go against the Federal-Provincial/Territorial Agreements under Canada's Constitution.

Reactions: OneStepAtATime
D

Deleted member 1050918

Money flows from Federal to Provincial in Canada, not the other way around. Provinces don't pay IRCC. If they did, it would go against the Federal-Provincial/Territorial Agreements under Canada's Constitution.
I can't think of another way. Nothing will make IRCC allocate resources to specific AINP applicants to finalize their apps within 6 months.