+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

M

MayorGrom

NOC quota is probably the way for FSW. Checking myimmitracker you can clearly see that eg 2171, 2173 NOCs are overrepresented. Canada can decide to inflict a cap on those when a FSW draw happens. Provinces still can invite them separately if they need them.
If that happens, there will be a major shortage of software devs. It's not a secret that majority of Canadians are moving to the states to make money; just to compare, a mid dev in Toronto will make 100k-130k (ignoring outliers like FAANG). The same dev in Seattle makes 160-200k USD with lower COL.

On top of that, any software engineer will be eligible to apply as NOC 2173. That NOC is written very poor. Any backend, frontend, full stack, embedded, MLOps, Data engineer is eligible for that NOC. Most people specialize in one particular area but that NOC doesn't reflect that. 2171 is clear; it's IT (hardware related). 2172 is DBAs. However, 2173 is pretty broad.

M

MayorGrom

They need diverse PR intake. Diverse in NOCs etc. They want some NOC-B as well. I guess its a sign of switch to NOC-specific quota. Sooner than the later.
Can mean anything. To understand what they mean we will have to look at 500+ and see they profile; which is impossible for us to do. Introducing specific NOC will make applicant homogeneous as well :) just with different NOC.

They can mean education or gender or family composition or age... So many options; NOC is just one of them.

GaryChapman VP

Mar 24, 2020
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
Trump is gonna win in 2024 bro, I'm ready to put my entire savings on that bet (not much but still). Biden is goofing up big time
How are you so sure that either of these two would be alive or competent to run by the time 2024 comes up?

Reactions: wonderbly

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
https://nationalpost.com/news/politics/canada-pausing-intake-of-highly-skilled-immigrant-workers-amid-heavy-backlog

Canada pausing intake of highly skilled immigrant workers amid heavy backlog

Despite a labour shortage in parts of the country, the federal government is pausing new invitations because it doesn’t have the ability to process them

Immigration Minister Sean Fraser was not available for an interview, but Rémi Larivière, a spokeswoman for the department, said the government will still bring in highly skilled workers, because so many are already in the queue.

“The already existing robust inventory of skilled candidates to process means that there won’t be a reduction in 2022 of the number of new skilled permanent residents arriving in Canada to work and settle,” she said in an email. “This pause is temporary; invitations to apply under the FHS streams will resume once the processing inventory is reduced enough to create space for new intake.”
Looks like, they will just eek out enough number of quota to land most of the existing people in processing queue. Then they will resume invitation somewhere in fall which they will process in 2023.

dankboi

VIP Member
Apr 19, 2021
London, United Kingdom
Category........
FSW
https://nationalpost.com/news/politics/canada-pausing-intake-of-highly-skilled-immigrant-workers-amid-heavy-backlog

Canada pausing intake of highly skilled immigrant workers amid heavy backlog

Despite a labour shortage in parts of the country, the federal government is pausing new invitations because it doesn’t have the ability to process them

Looks like, they will just eek out enough number of quota to land most of the existing people in processing queue. Then they will resume invitation somewhere in fall which they will process in 2023.
does this inventory / processing queue include apps from January 2022?

Reactions: fswinlander

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
does this inventory / processing queue include apps from January 2022?
No because draws will be paused till June. This is confirmed by someone from IRCC:

Immigration Minister Sean Fraser was not available for an interview, but Rémi Larivière, a spokeswoman for the department, said the government will still bring in highly skilled workers, because so many are already in the queue.

“The already existing robust inventory of skilled candidates to process means that there won’t be a reduction in 2022 of the number of new skilled permanent residents arriving in Canada to work and settle,” she said in an email. “This pause is temporary; invitations to apply under the FHS streams will resume once the processing inventory is reduced enough to create space for new intake.”

Larivière said the fall fiscal update included measures to help reduce the backlog.

dankboi

VIP Member
Apr 19, 2021
London, United Kingdom
Category........
FSW
No because draws will be paused till June. This is confirmed by someone from IRCC:

Larivière said the fall fiscal update included measures to help reduce the backlog.
also AOR Jan 2022 and the later ones following?

OneStepAtATime

Star Member
Jun 23, 2021
SEA
Category........
FSW
NOC quota is probably the way for FSW. Checking myimmitracker you can clearly see that eg 2171, 2173 NOCs are overrepresented. Canada can decide to inflict a cap on those when a FSW draw happens. Provinces still can invite them separately if they need them.
If that's to happen, it'll be necessary to reallocate a good portion of the FHS quota to PNP. The IT sector appears to be the one sector in Canada that's booming and capable of absorbing large numbers of high-skilled workers. Without this shift you'll just end up with more under-employed/ over-qualified immigrants.

SJCochrane6

Star Member
Jan 9, 2021
Question for anyone who might know. My notes tell me my secondary office is Sydney. Is there anyway to know which Sydney that is besides a webform? Sydney, Australia or Sydney, Nova Scotia. I’m an Australian resident currently still in Australia. TIA.

OneStepAtATime

Star Member
Jun 23, 2021
SEA
Category........
FSW
If that happens, there will be a major shortage of software devs. It's not a secret that majority of Canadians are moving to the states to make money; just to compare, a mid dev in Toronto will make 100k-130k (ignoring outliers like FAANG). The same dev in Seattle makes 160-200k USD with lower COL.

On top of that, any software engineer will be eligible to apply as NOC 2173. That NOC is written very poor. Any backend, frontend, full stack, embedded, MLOps, Data engineer is eligible for that NOC. Most people specialize in one particular area but that NOC doesn't reflect that. 2171 is clear; it's IT (hardware related). 2172 is DBAs. However, 2173 is pretty broad.
Let's not forget 2174 Computer programmers and interactive media developers and 2175 Web designers and developers. Some of the roles you mentioned are better classified under these two NOCs.

SolwayFirth

Sep 4, 2019
Australia
Question for anyone who might know. My notes tell me my secondary office is Sydney. Is there anyway to know which Sydney that is besides a webform? Sydney, Australia or Sydney, Nova Scotia. I’m an Australian resident currently still in Australia. TIA.
Sydney means Sydney, Australia. CIO means Sydney, Nova Scotia. My GCMS notes states Sydney as primary & CIO as secondary.