+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

slavicgirl

Oct 27, 2021
I hope you've done your research for 491 visa in NSW AUS because speaking from experience that's a bigger gamble than anything Canada is offering at the moment.
I am not withdrawing my application from the EE pool I am just not that positive that I will ever receive an ITA. If I get it then I will be really happy and proceed with it for sure:) I have no hard feelings towards Canada like many forum members do because they have been waiting soo long for their PPR.

My only concern regarding 491 is whether I can transfer it to PR or that is also a gambling game :/

Simple_truth

Jan 19, 2022
November 24, 2021: Internal IRCC Memo states that FSWC processing times are expected to rise to 36 months in 2022 and that the Federal High Skilled admissions target in upcoming years could be reduced by more than 50% due to the TRPR backlog and Afghan refugee resettlement.

December 14, 2021: Economic & Fiscal Update states (Chapter 1, pg 14) :
Immigration to Grow Our Economy and Welcome New Canadians
Immigration is critical for Canada’s economic growth, especially when it comes to attracting top global talent, meeting the needs of employers, and addressing labour shortages. Immigrants and temporary foreign workers help Canada meet long- and short-term labour market needs, respectively, and international students and visitors are vital to the institutions and businesses they support. They are not only essential to Canada’s economy, but also bring fresh perspectives and connect Canada to the world. The Government of Canada also prioritizes the reunification of families, a fundamental Canadian value that also builds stronger communities. However, the pandemic has caused significant processing delays and backlogs. The government proposes to provide $85 million in 2022-23 so that it can process more permanent resident and temporary resident applications and reduce processing times in key areas affected by the pandemic. This will help to ensure Canada’s immigration system is well-positioned to help meet Canada’s economic and labour force goals. It will also speed up the process to citizenship for the many permanent residents already contributing to building a stronger Canada.
https://budget.gc.ca/efu-meb/2021/home-accueil-en.html

December 16, 2021: Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Mandate Letter:
As Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship, you will prioritize ongoing work to strengthen Canada’s immigration and refugee system, including bringing in more newcomers to all regions of Canada who will support Canada’s economic recovery from the COVID-19 pandemic. You will also act with urgency to provide resettlement opportunities for people under threat, including Afghan citizens and human rights defenders. As well, you will continue to strengthen family reunification and reduce application processing times, especially those impacted by COVID-19.

To realize these objectives, I ask that you achieve results for Canadians by delivering the following commitments.

• Continue to bring newcomers to Canada to drive economic growth and recovery, as set out in the 2021-2023 Immigration Levels Plan.
  • Reduce application processing times, including to address delays that have been impacted by COVID-19.

Effect: Candidates start receiving PPRs especially outland candidates.

M

MayorGrom

So that essentially means admittance, i.e. landing immigrants after processing, from the applicant pool to be 50% year on year along with processed TR2PR + refugees. Well then this is truly bad news. It will be a severe bottleneck in processing the backlogs if true.
That’s what I was trying to say. When cec draws happen (they have to happen unless there will be some one time policy to pgwp), applicants will go towards this year goal. That means that they have to cut applicants from some other category. The only one that is possible is fsw; which means that they will process as much as possible and then freeze again, until 2023.

Will that happen or not, we will see in couple of months

MakiSenpaiii

Star Member
Sep 19, 2020
Lol just saw the memo on Ask Kubeir
FSW processing times are currently at 20.4 months, and no new FSW draw for the first half of 2022
How come the processing time can be expected to increase to 36 months throughout 2022?!

Does that mean the majority FSW that gonna be processed in 2022 are those got their AOR in 2019?
Well that's sucks...

M

MayorGrom

Lol just saw the memo on Ask Kubeir
FSW processing times are currently at 20.4 months, and no new FSW draw for the first half of 2022
How come the processing time can be expected to increase to 36 months throughout 2022?!

Does that mean the majority FSW that gonna be processed in 2022 are those got their AOR in 2019?
Well that's sucks...
Processing will increase naturally, if no one will be working on the files. How do you think we got to 21 month?

but you are off with 2019; many prs are from 2020 with minority (leftovers) from 2019

Reactions: RSub

SolwayFirth

Sep 4, 2019
Australia
I am not withdrawing my application from the EE pool I am just not that positive that I will ever receive an ITA. If I get it then I will be really happy and proceed with it for sure:) I have no hard feelings towards Canada like many forum members do because they have been waiting soo long for their PPR.

My only concern regarding 491 is whether I can transfer it to PR or that is also a gambling game :/
I think your biggest concern with 491 is if you'd indeed get it in the first place. I know the official websites all state in fancy text how they have 3 streams. Theoretically if you have the right occupation code, competitive points & work experience, you have somewhat of a chance. But the ground reality is that those streams are so competitive that as an off shore candidate its almost an impossibility. Add to this RDAs (regional areas where 491 is applicable) change up the occupations lists that they want to invite on a whim. I know of folks who have left their well paying jobs & moved their whole life from Sydney to a small town which is basically built around a mall (not even kidding lol) for over 2 years now sitting at pretty high points & not even getting a pre-invite from the RDA. This 491 was introduced only recently. So the first batch of immigrants who did receive the invitation haven't moved on beyond this visa. But knowing Australia, I won't be surprised if they come up with another obstacle to screw the folks from obtaining the PR.

MakiSenpaiii

Star Member
Sep 19, 2020
Processing will increase naturally, if no one will be working on the files. How do you think we got to 21 month?

but you are off with 2019; many prs are from 2020 with minority (leftovers) from 2019
I get processing time increase naturally, if the processing speed is slower than the new application.

But it doesn't make sense if the processing time increase more than 12 months in a year, given that no new FSW applicants in the first half of 2022.

And yes, I see that many 2020 AOR got PPR recently, but aren't their processing time less than 24 months? Where does 36 come from?

Reactions: OneStepAtATime
D

Deleted member 1050918

https://atimmigrationlaw.com/writ-of-mandamus-faq

Seeking a writ of mandamus at the Federal Court forces IRCC to respond which in most Covid-19 related delays means that the client sees significant movement or an approval shortly after the Application for Leave and Judicial Review is filed.

You can find the steps of a judicial review process here. When it comes to Covid-19 related delays in processing permanent residence applications, this first step is often sufficient in pushing IRCC to continue and/or complete processing within 30-60 days of filing.

Reactions: dankboi