Feb 11, 2021
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
15-10-2020
Med's Done....
26-11-2020
Another interesting thought, guys:

According to FSW draws stats given here, IRCC stopped to send ITAs in March, 2020, there was a pause of 3 months, and then IRCC returned to send ITAs since August to December. And the total number of ITAs sent after the pause was 49,400.

As we have about 55k people in the FSW backlog, only about 6k of them have AORs before June (or July... I don't actually remember how many days I have after getting an ITA for creating a PR application). So, the vast majority of people stuck in the FSW backlog are those who got their ITAs in the 2nd half of 2020.

BUT as we see on this forum and other sources where happy people write posts about when they've got golden mails, the majority of them have AORs before the aforementioned pause. So, my assumption is that some VOs try to finalize backlogged applications according to the "early in, early out" strategy. And since there're only 6k of them, we'll see a real PPR rain pretty soon for those of us who got their ITAs in 2nd half of 2020. I think that IRCC will have cleared that 6k part of the FSW backlog by the end of January, if the current PPR issuing tempo remains the same. So, the PPR rain seems to get even stronger and more visible for us in February. And of course we shouldn't forget about the prediction that the CEC backlog will be cleared in February. In that case, there's a great chance that we'll see CO-CO-COMBO PPR cataclysm in late February-early March!

Nevertheless, we also see people with October, November and even 2021 AORs. In my opinion, it could be explained that some VOs don't follow the "early in, early out" strategy or thay may have no applications from that time period in their processing inventory or they already finalized all of them and shifted to the following applications from the 2nd half of 2020.

Last edited:

VVV62

Star Member
Feb 11, 2021
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
15-10-2020
Med's Done....
26-11-2020
WhAT does this say? You mean IRCC is only processing FsW inland?
No, I cannot conclude that from this document only.
The only thing we know now is that in the FSW backlog (55k) there're at least 12k inland applicants (I suppose their number also grew because of the same reasons: newlyweds and newborns). So, I assume that it is possible to compare the number of Inland and Outland applicants who have already recieved golden mails in order to figure out IRCC's priorities (if they even have some).
That'll be pretty interesting, I guess.

Reactions: ita_drgen

IncredibleCanada

Star Member
Jan 14, 2022
No, I cannot conclude that from this document only.
The only thing we know now is that in the FSW backlog (55k) there're at least 12k inland applicants (I suppose their number also grew because of the same reasons: newlyweds and newborns). So, I assume that it is possible to compare the number of Inland and Outland applicants who have already recieved golden mails in order to figure out IRCC's priorities (if they even have some).
That'll be pretty interesting, I guess.
I think it looks there are high chances of CEC draws starting in late Jan or early Feb. I 2 month or so, IRCC can go back to the FSW. As per mandate, Canada will prefer more temporary residents so it is highly unlikely that There will be only FSw draws this year.

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
I think it looks there are high chances of CEC draws starting in late Jan or early Feb. I 2 month or so, IRCC can go back to the FSW. As per mandate, Canada will prefer more temporary residents so it is highly unlikely that There will be only FSw draws this year.
There will never be only FSW draws ever. Canada not gonna throw PRs to outlanders. No class draw is highly likely in place of CEC only. Maybe CEC fkers might get some extra points for being in Canada and paying "Taxes".

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
Reactions: Windsor37 and RSub

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
https://www.bnnbloomberg.ca/video/just-how-bad-is-canada-s-worker-shortage-and-the-war-for-talent~2362415
Just how bad is Canada's worker shortage and the war for talent?
Record job vacancies and the latest surge of Omicron cases is leaving employers scrambling to fill critical jobs and giving job seekers the upper hand amid a war for talent. Steven Cardwell of Steven Cardwell Recruitment joins BNN Bloomberg to share tales from the ground.
But they landed 400k people last year, what are they doing?

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
Yes, but those are CECs, they are already employed. Being granted PR doesn't mean they have to file a resignation with the company. Canada needs new people coming.
So this high level of vacancies will be permanent problem then? IRCC is supposed to focus on inland candidates from this year onwards.

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
But they landed 400k people last year, what are they doing?
Bro, what I've noticed is that due to COVID and remote working, US employers see Canada as a realistic source of cheaper labor (think USD to CAD conversion) and due to Canadians similarity to US culture, a very realistic substitute. I wouldn't be surprised if the demand is gonna increase going forward

Last edited:
Reactions: seadrag0n