+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
Yep. Indian born in Pakistan has no queue.
This is totally impossible.

Sure I guess. If you have a kid born in Canada, they would be Canadian in terms of GC processing.
Some people from my community who are are working in the US on H1B have a mandatory requirement that their partner should be born in some middle eastern country, maybe this is the reason. Some even proactively prepare for USMLE way before getting married.

alexross

Jan 11, 2018
I just checked some homes in Canada for sale ,The homes are super expensive.

In torronto a decent home cost min 800k wtf ,Vancouver I didn't even bother to check,edmondon 500k ,how are this people owning homes? Or are they even owning homes .in the way things are going I can easily see a melt down unless govt interferes. I think even if govt interferes there will be a correction from the current prices which can make people broke.
I think it is mainly due to low interest rates, to make matters worse blind speculation .

The only solution I can see is just move to some other cities other than torronto or Vancouver try to find a job like there are 2 options kill or to be killed and move there.
I think it is just the beginning of our troubles getting a PR because things seem super expensive, in Canada everything looks like California.
I am a recent immigrant to Canada and I also felt like this initially. It took a while for me to understand the property market here, it is not too bad once you figure it out. I bought a 3 bed 2 bath townhouse in Scarborough for a little less than 600k.

What I realized is people slowly climb the property ladder here. For example, someone may buy a 1 bedroom Condo to start off in their early twenties. By their early thirties, they have have built up enough equity in that to sell that off and buy a 3 bedroom townhouse. By their early 40s they have built up enough equity to sell and buy a million dollar home. It is not realistic to be able to buy a nice property initially, but over time you can do it by moving up the property ladder.

The rate at which the population grows in the Toronto indicates there will be an upward pressure on prices as it is difficult to supply houses at a rate that matches the constantly growing demand driven by the sustained population growth.

It doesn't look like there will be a meaningful drop in prices as long as the vacancy rates remain low, driving up the rental prices. The high rental prices is what drives up the property value even more because you don't want to throw away $2500+ per month when you can be paying off a mortgage. My mortgage payment plus all monthly expenses such as maintenance fee and property tax altogether is lower than my rent earlier. Once you figure out the property market here and get your foot in, it is not too bad. Just my two cents based on my personal experience.

Alysson

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2019
This is totally impossible.

Some people from my community who are are working in the US on H1B have a mandatory requirement that their partner should be born in some middle eastern country, maybe this is the reason. Some even proactively prepare for USMLE way before getting married.
I don’t know how that would work. I thought that for EB green cards, dependents were linked to primary applicants time, even if they aren’t Indian born. Unless what they do is the Indian is in H1B and the non Indian is the one getting the EB sponsorship. I’m not sure how they would do it honestly. Some had said they have a better shot waiting for their us born kids to turn 21 and sponsoring them lol.

Reactions: seadrag0n

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
Why ? As long as they have a birth certificate that says they are born in Pakistan it's fine.
Indians and Pakistanis can never visit each other's countries because you will never approval for any kind of visa. The only exception which I saw was some Indians and Pakistanis who live in the middle east get married and they may be allowed to visit. I saw one of the local big-time politicians in my city help someone to get a visa for his Pakistani wife so that she can live in India, not sure how that works though. Never heard of an Indian married to a Pakistani visiting Pakistan before, maybe it happens.

The biggest exception to all this is the singer Adnan Sami, he is a proud Indian now lol

• Wow
Reactions: Lc4life

Ar12345

Star Member
Nov 11, 2020
So if an Indian/Chinese is born in a different country, they can get GC in regular processing time?
Regular queue as long as they not an Indian/Chinese citizen. This is why it'll literally be faster for many Indians if they get Canadian PR+Citizenship (which will take around 5 years total) and then apply for US Green card as a Canadian citizen. Not that I'd want to do that but it's literally a faster route for many

India doesn't have dual citizenship and someone born in Pakistan who obtained Pakistani citizenship wont even be eligible for an overseas Indian citizen (OCI) card even if they have Indian parents under current rules

Last edited:

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
Btw, is it true that GC restrictions for India and China are based on country of birth and not country of citizenship?
Yeah. Though you do not exactly need PR of USA. After you get Canadian citizenship, you can get WP in USA with relative ease.

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
So if an Indian/Chinese is born in a different country, they can get GC in regular processing time?
One of my friend was born in Madagascar but was raised in India and holds Indian passport. He got his NIW based EB-2 GC in less than 2 years IIRC.

Reactions: Lc4life