+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

Windsor37

Jul 9, 2020
what's in ottawa?
i have never thought of ottawa, brief me about this place, cause of oinp tho. @seadrag0n @mushymush
It's kind of like the formative years of Toronto, still relatively quiet with low housing prices (but steadily increasing), there's also a growing "Tech" industry in the area. As Canada's capital and bordered close to Gatineau, QC, there are some jobs where French is required. As they already mentioned, Ottawa is colder than Toronto.

I was also quite interested in Ottawa at first, since it ranks 3rd after GTA, and GVA in the number semiconductor companies in Canada.

Some big companies in Ottawa: Analog Devices, Xilinx, Synopsys, Nokia, Trend Micro, Siemens, Adobe, just to name a few.

Plus if you plan to move to Quebec later down the road, Ottawa would be a good starting point.

Alysson

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2019
Almost same scenario for me. My then girlfriend was only on a student visa trying to get her PhD. Although I didn't think I was too young, I just thought it would only be a matter of time before we would be hanging by our nails again.

I left the US, made the relationship very long distance, offered we both move to Canada instead but ended up being the only one going on the journey to Canada.

She'll be getting married in a couple of months in the US and somehow I have no regrets. I only wish I had started on this road earlier.
lol, life is hard when you try to do things the right way and the world screws you over. But hopefully this year we enter Canada and at least we can feel good of the fact it was pure merit with no get around or lucky break.