+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

Oct 5, 2021
Nobody knows for sure, but seeing as the mandate letters explicitly talk about increasing pathways for international students (TR to PR) and temporary workers (CEC), but don't say anything about regular all program draws, I wouldn't hold my breath about resuming FSW draws. They may have been vague, but they have made their intentions clear. Even in the last couple of years, they explicitly laid out plans for CEC and TR to PR, but stayed vague about FSW. Nothing has changed in these mandate letters.

Even if they do resume FSW draws, CRS score will be very high. So all of what you said can apply. If you're pre ITA, get a study permit or look elsewhere. You could learn french (since they mentioned new french pathways), but honestly, I don't see it as a worthwhile investment anymore.

Please call me out on it if I'm wrong, but the remaining EE quota for 2022 WILL go towards CEC. There is no doubt about that. Maybe a few cursory all program draws, but nothing more.
Thanks dude, I went back and checked all the mandate letters before 2020. None of them explicitely mentioned anything about FSWs or all programs, but there were draws. So I guess it't up to minister's decision to whether or not to conduct FSW draws, JT just doesn't care. If that's the case, then we have to see what actions will the new minister take. As for myself, I got a CA degree which helps my CRS fall into the 480 - 490 range, depends on if I will claim my spouce or not(I'm above 30). It could be a competitive score in past years but I'm not sure about future.

Simran00

Jun 3, 2021
Nobody knows for sure, but seeing as the mandate letters explicitly talk about increasing pathways for international students (TR to PR) and temporary workers (CEC), but don't say anything about regular all program draws, I wouldn't hold my breath about resuming FSW draws. They may have been vague, but they have made their intentions clear. Even in the last couple of years, they explicitly laid out plans for CEC and TR to PR, but stayed vague about FSW. Nothing has changed in these mandate letters.

Even if they do resume FSW draws, CRS score will be very high. So all of what you said can apply. If you're pre ITA, get a study permit or look elsewhere. You could learn french (since they mentioned new french pathways), but honestly, I don't see it as a worthwhile investment anymore.

Please call me out on it if I'm wrong, but the remaining EE quota for 2022 WILL go towards CEC. There is no doubt about that. Maybe a few cursory all program draws, but nothing more.
Hey, why do you think learning french isn't worthwhile anymore? I was thinking of boosting the crs score with it. Kindly shed some light, cause I don't know what I will have to do for Pr anymore.

D

Deleted member 1006777

Thanks dude, I went back and checked all the mandate letters before 2020. None of them explicitely mentioned anything about FSWs or all programs, but there were draws. So I guess it't up to minister's decision to whether or not to conduct FSW draws, JT just doesn't care. If that's the case, then we have to see what actions will the new minister take. As for myself, I got a CA degree which helps my CRS fall into the 480 - 490 range, depends on if I will claim my spouce or not(I'm above 30). It could be a competitive score in past years but I'm not sure about future.
COVID wasn't a thing before 2020, so of course they didn;t mention it. But there were leaked documents that specifically called to deprioritize FSW and stop all program draws in favor of CEC. That's what I meant by 'specifically mentioning CEC'.

I don't know if this is possible in any way, but you can enter Canada on a work permit (for example if you're in IT and get a job there), you'll have a shot at PR. If you don't have Canadian experience to qualify for PR, or if you didn't graduate in a specific timeframe to qualify for TR to PR, you're out of luck. High CRS score is meaningless now. All that matters is being physically present in Canada.

And you may be missing the point here. 480 is 100% a very very competitive score. The problem is that scores do not matter. If they do resume all program draws (I don't believe they will, but I'd love to be wrong), then you will 100% get an ITA within a few draws.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 1006777

Hey, why do you think learning french isn't worthwhile anymore? I was thinking of boosting the crs score with it. Kindly shed some light, cause I don't know what I will have to do for Pr anymore.
You can if you want, no harm. It'll boost your score. I just don't think CRS means much anymore. Low scores are rewarded and high scores are punished. If your score falls under 467, you can get an OINP francohphone nomination. But if your score is higher, you're out of luck. So if you can keep your score low in an ideal range, go for it. Keep in mind, french scores have to be a high B2 to qualify for OINP french draws. So your score would hae to be low because of poor IELTS or age or something else. Get bad IELTS scores and you might make the ideal range. But I'm scared to game the system this way. Canada and IRCC have shown that they don't understand basic logical reasoning, so they can see this as misrepresentation.

D

Deleted member 1006777

I'm guessing one all program draw per month so FSWs will get one shot each month. There's a distinction between CEC and TR2PR; the latter doesn't necessarily meet CEC's experience/qualification requirements. To invite those low score/low skill inlands just like in 2021, they'll probably conduct separate draws (1x per month) so they don't have to compete with FSWs and other outlanders.

So we're looking at normal all program cutoffs around 485-490 or more. Your score is still definitely safe though; plus you qualify for french draws.
The argument I'm making is that FSW is NOT going to come back. They don't care about low scores, in fact, they seem to favor them to give what they call 'low skilled' candidates a better shot. I may have a high score, but the problem is scores don't matter. I can have a 1500 CRS score but I'll still be out of luck, because Canada would rather give a chance to people who can't string together 2 coherent sentences in english.

Also no. I don't qualify for french draws. You need a score between 457 and 469 or something around that range. If you're talking about some hypothetical magic stream they intend to start for french speakers, I'm not holding my breath.

Alysson

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2019
I'm guessing one all program draw per month so FSWs will get one shot each month. There's a distinction between CEC and TR2PR; the latter doesn't necessarily meet CEC's experience/qualification requirements. To invite those low score/low skill inlands just like in 2021, they'll probably conduct separate draws (1x per month) so they don't have to compete with FSWs and other outlanders.

So we're looking at normal all program cutoffs around 485-490 or more. Your score is still definitely safe though; plus you qualify for french draws.
Even if they do it that way, that would be ok. One FSW draw will be enough for Ontario to change their PNP scores, so that should help quite a few people who are high scoring. Even me being optimistic about FSW draws returning, doubt we will see under 480 soon. Nowadays you need to be extremely qualified and hope you are lucky.

Reactions: OneStepAtATime

ElvisRamaj

Apr 26, 2021
Tirana, AL
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
The argument I'm making is that FSW is NOT going to come back. They don't care about low scores, in fact, they seem to favor them to give what they call 'low skilled' candidates a better shot. I may have a high score, but the problem is scores don't matter. I can have a 1500 CRS score but I'll still be out of luck, because Canada would rather give a chance to people who can't string together 2 coherent sentences in english.

Also no. I don't qualify for french draws. You need a score between 457 and 469 or something around that range. If you're talking about some hypothetical magic stream they intend to start for french speakers, I'm not holding my breath.
Hi @mushymush

You are less than a month away from finding out if the FSW draws will resume, thus if you will have a chance to get an ITA. Enjoy the holidays for the moment.

I am waiting very patiently and hopeful that the new year will be different and dream fullfilling.

If thats not the case, then I believe we should make every effort in our disposal to make to Canada, because that is the destination. Simple as that. No more blaiming or hoping, just pure action.

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022

I beg to differ.

1. The restrictions currently are not as onerous as in 2020 or 2021 and likely will not get worse because worldwide omicron is not becoming that big of a hazard.
2. All over Canada, there is a massive drive to put booster doses in the arm of people, starting with old, frail and natives and then going over to general population. Ontario has already opened season for anyone above 18.
3. Current ban on all draws except PNP is to clear backlogs, EE based backlog is well on their way out. IRCC is processing at a rapid pace. It will be done with CEC by mid Feb at max. After that its FSW backlog which will take few months.
4. Since the reason of no FSW was travel restrictions, with those out of way, whenever a new draw will happen (non PNP), it will be all program draw.
5. I think by summer 2022, FSW backlogs will be gone too.

There will still be backlogs but they will be in family stream.

Simran00

Jun 3, 2021
I beg to differ.

1. The restrictions currently are not as onerous as in 2020 or 2021 and likely will not get worse because worldwide omicron is not becoming that big of a hazard.
2. All over Canada, there is a massive drive to put booster doses in the arm of people, starting with old, frail and natives and then going over to general population. Ontario has already opened season for anyone above 18.
3. Current ban on all draws except PNP is to clear backlogs, EE based backlog is well on their way out. IRCC is processing at a rapid pace. It will be done with CEC by mid Feb at max. After that its FSW backlog which will take few months.
4. Since the reason of no FSW was travel restrictions, with those out of way, whenever a new draw will happen (non PNP), it will be all program draw.

Hey, so what do you think, will there be fsw draws in the future?

Oct 5, 2021
I beg to differ.

Summer 2022 is a fair enough estimation though.

D

Deleted member 1006777

Hi @mushymush

You are less than a month away from finding out if the FSW draws will resume, thus if you will have a chance to get an ITA. Enjoy the holidays for the moment.

I am waiting very patiently and hopeful that the new year will be different and dream fullfilling.

If thats not the case, then I believe we should make every effort in our disposal to make to Canada, because that is the destination. Simple as that. No more blaiming or hoping, just pure action.
Yeah, I was mad/sad/both about it for a long time, but I don't care that much. I still want to end up in Canada, but I have other things brewing in the meantime, so I don't actually want to go to Canada till 2023 anyway. Good luck to you too, have you made any progress in getting a CLB7 in french?

ElvisRamaj

Apr 26, 2021
Tirana, AL
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Yeah, I was mad/sad/both about it for a long time, but I don't care that much. I still want to end up in Canada, but I have other things brewing in the meantime, so I don't actually want to go to Canada till 2023 anyway. Good luck to you too, have you made any progress in getting a CLB7 in french?
I have made a lot of progress actually. My next exam is in January, so hopefully I will succeed in it.

Canada is the ultimate goal for me and I have invested too much time, money and effort to let it pass without an enourmous fight. ITA or not, I will be there in 2022. The best scenario as a permanent resident, the worst I don't know.

Good luck to you too, but I don't think you need it, you have already paved your way. ;)

Reactions: Temitope29
D

Deleted member 1006777

I have made a lot of progress actually. My next exam is in January, so hopefully I will succeed in it.

Canada is the ultimate goal for me and I have invested too much time, money and effort to let it pass without an enourmous fight. ITA or not, I will be there in 2022. The best scenario as a permanent resident, the worst I don't know.

Good luck to you too, but I don't think you need it, you have already paved your way. ;)
Good to hear! You'll be 520+ by the time you're done with it. Hope you make it there in 2022