+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

Alysson

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2019
But after issuing ITA IRCC doesn't need to do anything for 60 days during when the applicant is collecting the relevant documents. Please correct me if I am wrong though.
Some send their app earlier. They have 60 days totals, but several send it in 30. Though there is still 30 days processing of medicals, before it reaches officer for review.

slavicgirl

Oct 27, 2021
Some send their app earlier. They have 60 days totals, but several send it in 30. Though there is still 30 days processing of medicals, before it reaches officer for review.
But even is they resume draws in May I don't see why CRS would be 500+ the whole year. Not many people can do that. Currently roughly 4,5K people are above 500. Let's assume it will be 6K by May. That is like two draws maximum. 7,7K people are between 480-500. Not a lot. The biggest chunk is 471-480.

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
But after issuing ITA IRCC doesn't need to do anything for 60 days during when the applicant is collecting the relevant documents. Please correct me if I am wrong though.
IRCC works in mysterious ways (TM).

Most of the time you application is sitting in a cold bin. They themself say it : Most of the work on your application happens near the end. How long the application sits in cold bin? As long as minister desires! 2 years are not unheard of. I am sure some will be north of 4 or 5 years.

IRCC, Putting "Ex" in Express.

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
I think... folks here should band together and start sending flames very publically on twitter. These government types seem to care about twitter. Just make a group and post so many negative things about IRCC and Canadian immigration on twitter that they have to do something about it. They do measure sentiments on twitter.

D

Deleted member 1050918

I think... folks here should band together and start sending flames very publically on twitter. These government types seem to care about twitter. Just make a group and post so many negative things about IRCC and Canadian immigration on twitter that they have to do something about it. They do measure sentiments on twitter.
What I've been trying to do on these forums since forever. I got so much shit for attempting to draw attention to IRCC's big time fuck up.

Rules are simple, this only has two ends. One is "I want the Canadian govt to kick those officers back into work and chain them to their desks if they need to because I paid money for this paid service". The other is "Canada owes you nothing". Well it owes me my money's worth.

Jaycejay

Champion Member
Jan 4, 2020
Category........
FSW
FYI - I just copied and paste his post. @powerssdd

Take a look at:
https://www.cicnews.com/2021/11/ircc-looking-to-tackle-express-entry-backlogs-before-resuming-fswp-and-cec-invitations-1119698.html#gs.hl79ig

IRCC has nealy 100K EE backlog as of Oct 27th, and they won't resume drawing until they cut it in half, which is 50K to go.

And their speed is 4500/month, or on average 9000/month given they have to intive 110K per year, so 50K will take them 6 months.

Oct 27th plus 6 months is May 2022, meaning EE won't resume before that.

And at that time, FSW will have resumed already, of which there are 200K in backlog; and CEC will have accumulated applications for 8 months.

The conclusion is that CRS in 2022 will be higher than 500 the whole year.

Go PNP folks!
I don’t know how you assumed that their current processing rate is 4,500 PPRs per month. We have to remember that in September-October their resources got divided in half due to the emergence of the Afghan crisis and then elections came. Before then, they were only processing CEC applications. However, in late October they began to issue PPRs to PNP-applicants which has continued to date (even some PNP 2021 applications have gotten PPRs). As more CEC applications got cleared off the table, they had more resources to process purely FSW-O applications which noticeable started off in November 5 and has continued to date. It would be interesting to get the processing figures in November when all EE categories were getting attention. I’m 100% sure that more than 15,000 EE applications would be cleared in November. If this pace continues till February, more than 50% of the total EE backlog would have been cleared. ALL PROGRAM draw seems likely to resume in Feb/March in my opinion. CRS could be 500+ in the first draw if 5000 are invited but that would quickly go down to 480+ in the next couple of drWs before hitting 470s range

Jaycejay

Champion Member
Jan 4, 2020
Category........
FSW
I believe once IRCC instructs Local Visa Offices to start batch releasing PPRs the pace would significantly increase. For now they have probably been told to hold on till early next year since this year’s immigration target is well on track

Last edited:

slavicgirl

Oct 27, 2021
I don’t know how you assumed that their current processing rate is 4,500 PPRs per month. We have to remember that in September-October their resources got divided in half due to the emergence of the Afghan crisis and then elections came. Before then, they were only processing CEC applications. However, in late October they began to issue PPRs to PNP-applicants which has continued to date (even some PNP 2021 applications have gotten PPRs). As more CEC applications got cleared off the table, they had more resources to process purely FSW-O applications which noticeable started off in November 5 and has continued to date. It would be interesting to get the processing figures in November when all EE categories were getting attention. I’m 100% sure that more than 15,000 EE applications would be cleared in November. If this pace continues till February, more than 50% of the total EE backlog would have been cleared. ALL PROGRAM draw seems likely to resume in Feb/March in my opinion. CRS could be 500+ in the first draw if 5000 are invited but that would quickly go down to 480+ in the next couple of drWs before hitting 470s range
my bet has always been March/April and still is.
Only covid can turn things upside down. Luckily vaccination rate in Canada is very very high. Hopefully people will take the booster. The rapidly rising infection rates that are happening in Eastern Europe or Germany/Austria is due to low vaccination rates (less then 70%, average might be 60%)

Reactions: Jaycejay

Alysson

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2019
my bet has always been March/April and still is.
Only covid can turn things upside down. Luckily vaccination rate in Canada is very very high. Hopefully people will take the booster. The rapidly rising infection rates that are happening in Eastern Europe or Germany/Austria is due to low vaccination rates (less then 70%, average might be 60%)
My bet is they will have draws in February, because those who receive ITAs will only need attention from officers around April. By then they will have cleared a good amount. 48k out of the 100k EE backlog is CEC. They still need 86k landings for this year’s target and there is only 17k TR2PR. There is no way they won’t clear almost all of CEC this year.

Last edited:

Alysson

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2019
This doesn’t sound good.
The memo is from early September. The info that came out from end of october showed PR backlog at 550k with economic at 250k. There are only PNP draws left this year so it probably wont reach that estimate of 760k. They probably expected much more from afghanistan than it actually was, since they basically stopped caring about them after the election.