+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

Alysson

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2019
Europe locking down again due to the fifth wave. Almost time for Canada to close its border again.
Canada's situation seems quite okay in regards to covid. I don't think they will enter new lockdown or close borders. That's because they are being quite strict on vaccination requirements for travel even within the country.

HA1986

Nov 20, 2020
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
09-10-20
Med's Done....
25-11-2020
Canada's situation seems quite okay in regards to covid. I don't think they will enter new lockdown or close borders. That's because they are being quite strict on vaccination requirements for travel even within the country.
You never know! They only lifted travel restrictions when the threat levels went down.

jessicaherman

Star Member
Jun 9, 2021
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......

Soon, vaccinated means two dose + booster. We are back to square one again!

D

Deleted member 1050918

I think vaccinated already means 2x shots / year. Pharmaceutical money lords released covid19. I'd never even dream about having to "subscribe" for health; but here we are.

Alysson

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2019

Even needing 2 boosters a year. It would be far from square one. Back then was large number of cases, low vaccine supply, needing to vaccinate everyone with 2 shots in 1 month period. Now it’s much easier to get supplies since the US hardly has demand, and it’s only 1 shot every 6 months.

jessicaherman

Star Member
Jun 9, 2021
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
I think vaccinated already means 2x shots / year. Pharmaceutical money lords released covid19. I'd never even dream about having to "subscribe" for health; but here we are.
I had to book an international flight recently. Almost all of the flights require RT-PCR test to fly which cost $300/test.

Covid has been money printing machine for healthcare companies.

dankboi

VIP Member
Apr 19, 2021
London, United Kingdom
Category........
FSW
Tomorrow the mandate should be out isn't it?
A lot of BS will be over tomorrow whether the outcome is good or bad.
Tomorrow the mandate should be out isn't it?
Probably
A lot of BS will be over tomorrow whether the outcome is good or bad.
A lot of new BS will be starting once the mandate letters are published

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
I suggest they do 5,000 once monthly all program draws and try to process those within 6-9 months depending on the stream and at the same time work on the backlogs (especially those that are finalized or close to being finalized). They should use a significant portion of the backlogs to meet targets in Q1 to Q2 and new applications for Q3-Q4. When the backlog is manageable they can resume biweekly draws
First clearing the backlogs should be their priority. I don’t think no class specific draws will be back anytime soon.

Reactions: raklukr
D

Deleted member 1006777

It's okay to reduce the target for a year to catch up. It will also be to their benefit, because they can draw higher scoring candidates in future draws, as opposed to scraping the bottom of the barrel of CEC draws, with candidates who barely have a decent score.
They WANT lower scoring candidates. They have indicated that multiple times. They think they need more low skill candidates for whatever reason.

Reactions: dankboi
D

Deleted member 1006777

I have no issues with target specific draws to fill specific needs. We need people working everywhere to enable us degens to talk shit on the internet.

My issue is them conflating low scores with "low skill" jobs.

"Low skill" jobs = jobs necessary to keep society running smoothly, even if those jobs don't have a high bar for education etc. These people deserve respect and dignity, and we have no basis to talk shit about them.

Low scores = dumbfucks who can't speak one coherent sentence in english and go to Canada to get a meaningless PG diploma to artificially boost their scores.