+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

picaboo

Apr 9, 2021
Guys do you know whether those PPRs with fresh medicals are given the maximum time till medical expiry to land or something like 4-6 months after COPR? I have just received a remedical request like many of you and really need to know this to plan my life right now.

Reactions: he5ham
D

Deleted member 1050918

but the company is still hesitant to actually hire me because of my PR situation
What I said dude; they usually bail out once they know you need sponsorship. They might hire you in the US office though. Btw I'm not surprised it's a big name and not one those startups with 27 year old CEO that contacted you; those startups don't last a year so they won't have the money to sponsor you anyway. A big name may indeed consider sponsoring you, albeit it's really painful for them too. You're one of the lucky ones though, your situation is rare.

Reactions: novascotia27

Windsor37

Jul 9, 2020
What I said dude; they usually bail out once they know you need sponsorship. They might hire you in the US office though.
I know, that's why I'm not holding my breath. It's also the reason why I went for express entry, 'cause I know I'm going to run into this scenario. I just hope that by the time I get my PR in, the openings that's available now would still be open.

The US is one possibility, though given that the H1B is much more complex than any of the temporary visa permits that Canada offers, my guess is that they'd rather keep me in the Canadian site, besides that way I'll get paid in CAD instead of USD, much more economical for company.

tizzyboi

Star Member
Aug 20, 2020
Guys do you know whether those PPRs with fresh medicals are given the maximum time till medical expiry to land or something like 4-6 months after COPR? I have just received a remedical request like many of you and really need to know this to plan my life right now.
You’ll get PR visa till the validity of your medicals, passport or PCC. Whichever expires earliest. Usually it is upto the date of your medicals expiry since other documents usually have a longer validity period

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
But the problem is that they have a LOT process, not the type of application. An FSW/PNP does take longer to complete, but after the initial time delta, there should be not much difference between processing an X amounts of generic applications vs X amounts of CEC applications.

To put into perspective, let's say on average a CEC application takes about 5 months. While an FSW/PNP takes about 9 months. Looking at a cumulative count assuming an intake of 9000 applications per month (4500 draws x 2),

CEC after 5 months = 9,000 (those who applied at the beginning)
CEC after 6 months = 18,000 (those who applied at the beginning + those who applied at the 1st month)
CEC after 7 months = 27,000 (those who applied at the beginning + 1st month + 2nd month)
CEC after 8 months = 36,000
CEC after 9 months = 45,000
CEC after 10 months = 54,000
CEC after 12 months = 63,000
CEC after 20 months = 135,000
CEC after 30 months = 225,000
CEC after 50 months = 405,000

After 50 months the total #of CEC applicants processed would be 405,000

Generic Draws after 9 months = 9,000
Generic Draws after 10 months = 18,000
Generic Draws after 11 months = 27,000
Generic Draws after 12 months = 36,000
Generic Draws after 20 months = 108,000
Generic Draws after 30 months = 198,000
Generic Draws after 50 months = 378,000

After 50 months the total #of Generic Draws processed would be 378,000, a difference of 27,000.

Even if you extrapolate this to say 100/200 months, the delta will remain constant at 27,000 because once the initial lag has finished, the process has already been pipelined and in parallel with the previous applications.

I personally don't think that this 27,000 difference would matter much given that, right now their goal seems to be clearing the backlogs. Once the backlogs are cleared to a certain level, then they would most likely start inviting people again, and as these new invitations come in, they will keep clearing the backlogs while waiting for the security/criminality/biometrics/medical of these new applications, that way they can keep giving a certain amount of PPRs and a ITAs in parallel.
Bro my AOR is Nov 2020. Tell me when I will get my PPR.

• Sad
Reactions: VVV62

The Dentist

Nov 19, 2021
IRCC should just let the provinces select all the immigration candidates as they seem to have done some research on which occupations are actually in demand. Also, all medical related NOC's should be removed from immigration completely as Canada will never allow those people to work in their medical occupations.
Now why would they do that to the "top cream" of global talents?, for they know very well eventually they will become substantial & consistent tax payers compared to the so called immediate-placement workers..

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
Although he was honoured by Maclean’s magazine as the “Best Orator” and a finalist for “Rising Star” in the last government, Fraser said he’s just a guy who cares deeply about people.

https://www.thestar.com/news/canada/2021/11/18/soaring-backlogs-disgruntled-applicants-canadas-immigration-system-has-been-upended-by-covid-19-this-is-the-man-in-charge-of-fixing-it.html
Fraser said he’s just a guy who cares deeply about people.

Bruh, this is the part that worries me. They never care. These f**kers never care. We are just an immigration Target.

• Haha
Reactions: dankboi

picaboo

Apr 9, 2021
You’ll get PR visa till the validity of your medicals, passport or PCC. Whichever expires earliest. Usually it is upto the date of your medicals expiry since other documents usually have a longer validity period
Thank you, my second PCC is about to expire too but I did not get a new request. I got an ADR same time last year.

sun2088

Star Member
Nov 13, 2020
Oh yeah exactly. You take your MSc/PhD degree and 3+ years of industry experience and drive Uber with it, or flip burgers at McDonald's with it. People here don't want to understand that while this is less likely to happen in the US/EU, it does happen in Canada to a lot of immigrants because Canada has no jobs.

Why do people think finding a job in Canada without a work permit is made impossible by law? Because there are already too few jobs. If they open the market to outland professionals the govt knows that Canadians would starve.
It honestly depends on what degrees and experience you have and, what many don't talk about, your level of English and ability to integrate successfully within a company

D

Deleted member 1006777

yet we have as much backlogged CEC apps as FSW in the inventory
FSW backlog is from early 2020. CEC backlog is from Mid 2021. CEC draws stopped in september. Your sentence should be "CEC backlog is the same as FSW backlog even though they had massive CEC draws for 10 months after they stopped FSW.

Jaycejay

Champion Member
Jan 4, 2020
Category........
FSW
FSW backlog is from early 2020. CEC backlog is from Mid 2021. CEC draws stopped in september. Your sentence should be "CEC backlog is the same as FSW backlog even though they had massive CEC draws for 10 months after they stopped FSW.
Nope, the bulk of those CEC backlogs are from June, July, August 2020 AORs. @EscoBlades is one of those thousands of CEC applicants stuck since last year. IRCC has been processing 2021 CEC apps at record speed; seen dozens of Sept 2021 applications already get their eCOPRs.