+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

D

Deleted member 1050918

You sound like you are surprised by all this. Did you expect Canada to welcome you in as part of the ruling/elite class? You start as serfs and work your way up. Some will make it to a decent living, others will succumb.

And it's the same for any country.
Sorry mate this statement is so off that I can only respond with a bad joke: Yeah you immigrate to Canada as a server and work so hard to eventually become a quantum physicist.

• Haha
Reactions: novascotia27

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
Nah I doubt it. What I'm expecting is that we'll see the end of "skilled" immigration as we know today; they'll probably limit the number of STEM etc skilled people they invite considerably. It was already known Canada doesn't need skilled professionals since Canada produces nothing but only consumes, and most of Canada's workforce is in service exactly because of Canada being a consumer and not a producer. So they're probably finally admitting this in the form of an EE change. Minister said "regime"; that's a big word, I doubt he merely referred to the NOC change (which is only bad news for some NOC B fellas anyway).
IRCC should just let the provinces select all the immigration candidates as they seem to have done some research on which occupations are actually in demand. Also, all medical related NOC's should be removed from immigration completely as Canada will never allow those people to work in their medical occupations.

D

Deleted member 1050918

IRCC should just let the provinces select all the immigration candidates as they seem to have done some research on which occupations are actually in demand.
You know this might be the new "regime" the minister pointed at. They might leave the "go to whatever province you want" kind of immigration for CECs, marge FSW and PNP in a more PNP-like way.

Eh, either way, thinking about the housing crisis, shitty job market, shitty politics etc especially after 2019 I think I've already dropped Canada. If I get a PR, fine, I'll take it. If my app gets rejected for whatever reason, I'll just feel bad about the couple thousand dollars I'm never getting back but just move on.

D

Deleted member 1050918

I'm telling you the reality vs. perception bud. The example is an extreme but you get the premise
It is known that FSW is a trap. You go there with your POF, if you find a job then good for you, if not then you spend all your money and get back to your country; this is I believe what you pointed at. Yes this exists. But I wasn't surprised at all since I'm the one who's been critizing Canada's job market here for months although fellas won't want to believe.

What was off was that you started talking about the "elite" in Canada; if you immigrate to the US or EU you carry all your career. People are seriously clueless about their options outside of Canada. I can't help if one is Indian or Chinese; there's just too many of you guys so your competition is on another level for but for all others US and EU are better options than Canada given that FSW is gone (which, it is).

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
It is known that FSW is a trap. You go there with your POF, if you find a job then good for you, if not then you spend all your money and get back to your country; this is I believe what you pointed at. Yes this exists. But I wasn't surprised at all since I'm the one who's been critizing Canada's job market here for months although fellas won't want to believe.
If you end up spending all of your POF money without finding a job, you are supposed to work part time minimum wage "essential" jobs where immigrants are actually needed the most.

D

Deleted member 1050918

If you end up spending all of your POF money without finding a job, you are supposed to work part time minimum wage "essential" jobs where immigrants are actually needed the most.
Oh yeah exactly. You take your MSc/PhD degree and 3+ years of industry experience and drive Uber with it, or flip burgers at McDonald's with it. People here don't want to understand that while this is less likely to happen in the US/EU, it does happen in Canada to a lot of immigrants because Canada has no jobs.

Why do people think finding a job in Canada without a work permit is made impossible by law? Because there are already too few jobs. If they open the market to outland professionals the govt knows that Canadians would starve.

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
Oh yeah exactly. You take your MSc/PhD degree and 3+ years of industry experience and drive Uber with it, or flip burgers at McDonald's with it. People here don't want to understand that while this is less likely to happen in the US/EU, it does happen in Canada to a lot of immigrants because Canada has no jobs.

Why do people think finding a job in Canada without a work permit is made impossible by law? Because there are already too few jobs. If they open the market to outland professionals the govt knows that Canadians would starve.
Lol US is also oppressive in a different way. Unless you are compsci/IT, no shot of you getting a decent job and once you're working, they'll tie you up on h1b with an unpredictable future and loss of status. Idk about EU but Europeans will never let a non white rise through the ranks, whatever you believe. Plus English.

D

Deleted member 1050918

Idk what the current POF req is but 15K you will burn within a few months. Chump change I say
13,100 for a single person. Indeed, depends on the province but minimum wage is about 2100 on avg. So you burn that in 6 7 months even if you live like a rat on minimum wage.

Lol US is also oppressive in a different way. Unless you are compsci/IT, no shot of you getting a decent job and once you're working, they'll tie you up on h1b with an unpredictable future and loss of status. Idk about EU but Europeans will never let a non white rise through the ranks, whatever you believe. Plus English.
Idk man US/EU has opportunities for many. My friends who went to US or EU are far happier than those went to Canada.

Last edited by a moderator:

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
Guys, PPR issued for Post March 2020 applicants really indicates PPR rain. PPR for Post August 2020 folks indicates PPR cyclone. These Pre March 2020 PPR's are basically PPR farts. Just a thought.

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
13,100 for a single person. Indeed, depends on the province but minimum wage is about 2100 on avg. So you burn that in 6 7 months even if you live like a rat on minimum wage.

Idk man US/EU has opportunities for many. My friends who went to US or EU are far happier than those went to Canada.
I agree with a previous comment though. Only realistic place to live in CAN is Calgary. I think if you can get a well paying job there its a no brainer. Low GST, lower house prices, more racists. Closest thing to USA in Canada

Windsor37

Jul 9, 2020

I still believe it depends on the job market. I have sort of advertised in LinkedIn that I'm seeking a job in Canada, you know not actively sending my resume to the companies I'm interested in, but just broadcasting out there that I'm looking for a job in Toronto, Vancouver, or Calgary, you know the big cities.

To my surprise I got contacted by a company in the Greater Vancouver Area (and no this NOT one of those 27 y/o CEO startups, this is a multinational company that is headquartered in the US, and has multiple R&D sites in the world, Canada included). They were seeking for a senior position engineer (not IT work), for a joint product development team split between their US site and Canadian site. The tech is quite advanced and interesting, we eventually got into salary talks and it's easily six digits, but the company is still hesitant to actually hire me because of my PR situation. This is probably the time that I really got frustrated about the delay in my application, the position is really good, the pay is also good, not to mention the experiences it provides.

By the way, they're not the only ones hiring, a lot more companies are with positions of a similar caliber, and of similar reputation. It's just that, this one was the only one who contacted me, and actually did an interview with me knowing that my PR is still up in the air. I only pray they'd consider me for a temporary work visa, 'cause I really want that job.