Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
You could buy a house in Texas for the price of a garage in Ontario, it's actually stupid given how big Canada is
80% of the population lives near the US border. 50% live in the Ontario/Quebec region. They are big but their geography doesn't help them like in the US.

Reactions: OneStepAtATime

SumAli

Nov 15, 2021
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
06-03-2020
About 2 months since my medical expired. Extension is highly unlikely since I live in India. I will probably wait until the end of year and then do an upfront remed if I haven't received a request by then.
My medical expired in January 2021 and I went for an upfront remed in September. It’s been 2 months and it still hasn’t been updated in my account. Upfront remed is a gamble.. has worked for some but others have reported receiving remed requests AFTER they did upfront remed, and then they either had to do it all over again or go crazy trying to get IRCC to acknowledge their upfront remed.

GaryChapman VP

Mar 24, 2020
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
Not really, I think the EU would intervene first. When that happens, it's most likely some other EU nation would take the immigrants in.
I think EU countries are weary of taking in any more migrants given what’s been going on in their political landscape lately. But anyway, hey, Canadian elections are over and no more political stunts needed.

GaryChapman VP

Mar 24, 2020
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
About 2 months since my medical expired. Extension is highly unlikely since I live in India. I will probably wait until the end of year and then do an upfront remed if I haven't received a request by then.
Yep. I’m expecting an extension but still thinking of going for an upfront hoping it will give a needed jumpstart to my dead application. Not sure if it will work though

Windsor37

Jul 9, 2020
I think EU countries are weary of taking in any more migrants given what’s been going on in their political landscape lately. But anyway, hey, Canadian elections are over and no more political stunts needed.
Yes, but before it spills over to North America or some other developed nation, it mostly going stop in EU first. Some EU nations, are even saying that this is a political ploy and the refugees are simply canon fodder. That said, if Canada takes up these people as refugees, it will look like Canada took the bait. Belarus doesn't seem to be keen in blocking the influx of refugees to their country either, EU actually blocked some flights going from the places where these people are coming from to Belarus, saying that if they didn't do something, Belarus will just keep flying people from other countries into their country, then keep pushing them to Polish border to create a "crisis".

aseemrastogi2

Feb 16, 2019
Has anyone got medical extension twice? My medicals were extended till 15th DEC 2021 while my spouse medicals were extended till 3rd March 2022 (No idea why different dates). So I was wondering whether to go for remeds or wait for second extension.

immicow

Jan 9, 2020
Can you tell me how you went about doing your upfront re-medical. Did you let the hospital know that it was a re-medical and it was upfront? Once you finished your medicals, did you let IRCC know via email/webform/call ?
When I fixed an appointment with the hospital, I let them know its a re-med. They asked for a ITA and Passport thats it.
After the appointment I uploaded the information sheet in webform to IRCC. Hospital told me they would have the report sent in 5 days.
In 5 days I had my medicals uploaded.

ElvisRamaj

Apr 26, 2021
Tirana, AL
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Yes, but before it spills over to North America or some other developed nation, it mostly going stop in EU first. Some EU nations, are even saying that this is a political ploy and the refugees are simply canon fodder. That said, if Canada takes up these people as refugees, it will look like Canada took the bait. Belarus doesn't seem to be keen in blocking the influx of refugees to their country either, EU actually blocked some flights going from the places where these people are coming from to Belarus, saying that if they didn't do something, Belarus will just keep flying people from other countries into their country, then keep pushing them to Polish border to create a "crisis".
Well, thank GOD the polish don't give a flying fuck what Belarus does and they don't back down easily.

Lukashenko can try and intimidate Europe as long as he wants on gas (especially Germany) and refugees, until Azerbaijan opens their gas pipeline to Europe which is mostly finished. Then we will see how tough this dictator is with his camarade dictator Putin.

Anyway, lets focus more on Canada :D

FurioGiunta

Nov 18, 2020
My medical expired in January 2021 and I went for an upfront remed in September. It’s been 2 months and it still hasn’t been updated in my account. Upfront remed is a gamble.. has worked for some but others have reported receiving remed requests AFTER they did upfront remed, and then they either had to do it all over again or go crazy trying to get IRCC to acknowledge their upfront remed.
Yeah not sure what the right thing to do is. Mark Holthe in one his streams suggested to go for an upfront remedical if you can do it. He said medical approval is pretty much automated, if you don't have any red flags on your report. But IRCC asks to not do upfront remedicals. The thing is I have international travel plans early next year for a couple of months and don't want to cut my trip short to do this stupid thing (If it's PPR, sure no issues coming back).

dankboi

VIP Member
Apr 19, 2021
London, United Kingdom
Category........
FSW
Well, thank GOD the polish don't give a flying fuck what Belarus does and they don't back down easily.

Lukashenko can try and intimidate Europe as long as he wants on gas (especially Germany) and refugees, until Azerbaijan opens their gas pipeline to Europe which is mostly finished. Then we will see how tough this dictator is with his camarade dictator Putin.

Anyway, lets focus more on Canada :D
yea yeah bruh, they'll handle their shits. babushka says comrade puddin gonna be here for long so no point of expecting anything. = D