Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
CEC draws have stopped so CEC candidates waiting in the pool will say things have become HARDER.
LOL! Stopping draws for few months makes it harder.
Immigration is a long game.

D

Deleted member 1006777

READ THE ABOVE TWO! THEY RE NOT SAME!

I agree that for outside applicants have harder time than inside applicant. I DO NOT AGREE THAT EITHER ONE IS ALWAYS GETTING HARDER WITH TIME.

I hope, now it is clear.
Rising average scores for outlanders would beg to differ. And this was pre pandemic. Inland is technically getting easier with new programs and pathways. I think CEC will eventually become irrelevant. We can agree to disagree.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: dankboi

dankboi

VIP Member
Apr 19, 2021
London, United Kingdom
Category........
FSW
We

Rising average scores for outlanders would beg to differ. And this was pre pandemic. Inland is technically getting easier with new programs and pathways. I think CEC will eventually become irrelevant. We can agree to disagree.
"Inland is technically getting easier with new programs and pathways"

This ! is the thing. meanwhile outland's are disposed off with no other pathways other than the elite level noc cutoff and few pnp pathways.
Since inlands are paying taxes and brought in a few ten thousands of cad's to the economy via TRV they get more points and more pathways for them to get into.
Also pandemic made sure the inland's priority to canada.

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
Some people will be forced to leave if are unable to get a work permit when their PGWP expires, complaints are already coming in.
Ummm.. not actually. A lot of PGWP folks got extensions : https://www.gands.com/knowledge-centre/firmnews/news-item/2021/07/22/policy-in-effect-until-july-27-2021-issuance-of-open-work-permits-for-former-and-current-post-graduation-work-permit-holders

Remaining ones are those who could have applied for PR. If they had applied for PR by september, they can even restore their status to BOWP. The recent changes to BOWP makes it easier to get it.

I mean PGWP holders had 3 chances. July 27th, then TR to PR and then CEC till 14th Sept. They have PNP pathway too! BC has International graduate and post graduate pathways with support for open work permits. I think other provinces have similar pathways too. These pathways do not require a job offer as well.

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
Ummm.. not actually. A lot of PGWP folks got extensions : https://www.gands.com/knowledge-centre/firmnews/news-item/2021/07/22/policy-in-effect-until-july-27-2021-issuance-of-open-work-permits-for-former-and-current-post-graduation-work-permit-holders

Remaining ones are those who could have applied for PR. If they had applied for PR by september, they can even restore their status to BOWP. The recent changes to BOWP makes it easier to get it.

I mean PGWP holders had 3 chances. July 27th, then TR to PR and then CEC till 14th Sept. They have PNP pathway too! BC has International graduate and post graduate pathways with support for open work permits. I think other provinces have similar pathways too. These pathways do not require a job offer as well.
I was also wondering how people missed all these chances but some of them did.

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
When the FSW will resume, it will be all program draw. I fail to see how ONLY FSW scores will rise.
There has not been ANY change in scoring system last year.

There is NO official word on continuation of TR to PR and the pathway stands closed right now.

EVEN if it comes back, the increase in number of intake for 2022 will more than make for this new pathway.

Lastly, TR to PR and CEC take people from same group, ie inland. If more folks take TR to PR, less folks will be there to compete with PNP candidates.

All of this does not mean FSW's / CEC path will get tougher over time.

It is true that if TR to PR becomes permanent, it will make inland folks life easier but because of increase in number of over all intake, FSW is not going to get tougher.

I think it is other way round. If they do not have TR to PR path, it will be hard for them to meet their intake numbers.

Last but not the least, look at this :
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/submit-profile/rounds-invitations.html

There are about 90K applicants in the pool with score > 400.

45K + 42K + 3K + 722 = round about 90K.

If they invite ALL of them next year (assuming 2 people per application), it will be 180K landed PR. They want to land 422K or something.
They will still need another 240K - 250K people.

I do not think a cutoff of 400-450 will be considered extra burden on FSW, given that in 2019 it used to remain around 450~475 or so.

Last edited:

SumAli

Nov 15, 2021
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
06-03-2020
Been a silent lurker here for a while now. Decided to make an account. I am a dentist who's decided to move to Canada, even though that pretty much will be the end of my dental career. Not that I'm complaining; I haven't practiced dentistry for the last few years. Been working remotely as a medical editor for a fancy company for more than a year now, which pays so much better than freakin dentistry ever did (PS: Do not become a dentist in India).

My husband has no fancy degree and we live in a small town where he makes on-and-off decent money as a design consultant. We have a kid who just started school this year. We're moving to Canada very much aware of the fact that neither one of us has the relevant educational background or experience that would help us land a decent job once we're there. I'll be continuing my current job in Canada for a while, but it only pays well coz its in INR; it's gonna mean squat in dollars. Yet, as someone pointed out before, we're doing it for our kid. Ready to live a shitty life if it means helping our kid have the chance at a better one.

One of us might go back to grad school or something once we're there, but that depends on a lot of things. The information you guys share on this forum has definitely been helpful. I rarely see any 3113 or 3112 NOCs here though, probably because there aren't many from the medical community who'd want to murder their career by moving to a country that'll rip you apart financially if you choose to go down the same career path.

Reactions: he5ham

Alysson

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2019
Been a silent lurker here for a while now. Decided to make an account. I am a dentist who's decided to move to Canada, even though that pretty much will be the end of my dental career. Not that I'm complaining; I haven't practiced dentistry for the last few years. Been working remotely as a medical editor for a fancy company for more than a year now, which pays so much better than freakin dentistry ever did (PS: Do not become a dentist in India).

My husband has no fancy degree and we live in a small town where he makes on-and-off decent money as a design consultant. We have a kid who just started school this year. We're moving to Canada very much aware of the fact that neither one of us has the relevant educational background or experience that would help us land a decent job once we're there. I'll be continuing my current job in Canada for a while, but it only pays well coz its in INR; it's gonna mean squat in dollars. Yet, as someone pointed out before, we're doing it for our kid. Ready to live a shitty life if it means helping our kid have the chance at a better one.

One of us might go back to grad school or something once we're there, but that depends on a lot of things. The information you guys share on this forum has definitely been helpful. I rarely see any 3113 or 3112 NOCs here though, probably because there aren't many from the medical community who'd want to murder their career by moving to a country that'll rip you apart financially if you choose to go down the same career path.
I think you have to take 2 more years before you can write the exam for accreditation right? If you are specialized, maybe you could teach? Kinda sucks honestly, dentistry is probably even worse than medical to transfer.

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018

Watch this nice detailed video about being a dentist in Canada if you haven't already. Sounds like getting a dentist's license through studying is extremely expensive even for permanent residents.