+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

D

Deleted member 1006777

but looks like CEC is unclear atm
This should be all the reason you need to apply. You still get to live in Canada while the OINP is being processed, and you'll have a long wait regardless.

Your options are:
1. Wait, hope for a CEC draw. If your scores are 470+, all program draw will be fine too, but you'll have to wait a few months anyway. Result: You save 1500$
2. Take the OINP, get the application started, continue with life.

I don't know your scores etc, but if draws resume and you don't make the cut, knowing you skipped an OINP invite, those will be the most worthless $1500 you'd have ever saved.

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
You are talking about paper-based OINP PR application? Won't you get a support letter from Ontario for a work permit till you get your PR?
I'm not worried about the work permit., I already have a 3-year permit. Tbh, I'm considering getting the passport as fast as possible and heading to the US so a paper-based application would be inconvenient. I wish I could stay in Canada but the high taxes and unbelievable house prices, it doesn't make sense. i think some people like Kangaroo and Kloppity have already said it. As a young 20s graduate holder, it's not worth staying in Canada, we pay tax for families to get free (or cheap childcare), meanwhile, we get taxed like sht with no hope of affording a home.

Reactions: kloppity

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
I'm not worried about the work permit., I already have a 3-year permit. Tbh, I'm considering getting the passport as fast as possible and heading to the US so a paper-based application would be inconvenient. I wish I could stay in Canada but the high taxes and unbelievable house prices, it doesn't make sense.
I argued about moving to the US after getting citizenship but someone here mentioned that they had to visit a hospital urgently in the US, got a hefty bill and a sizeable chunk of savings just went poof. Healthcare is supposed to be a big advantage of Canada over the US.

Reactions: OneStepAtATime
D

Deleted member 1006777

I argued about moving to the US after getting citizenship but someone here mentioned that they had to visit a hospital urgently in the US, got a hefty bill and a sizeable chunk of savings just went poof. Healthcare is supposed to be a big advantage of Canada over the US.
Yeah, I was comparing taxation between my state in the US and Ontario, and until about $150k in the respective currencies, the taxation is actually higher in the US. Plus healthcare premiums and deductibles eat up a big chunk of your salary advantage already. Ver dependent on the field you're in, but for what I plan to get into, Canada is a distinct winner. Life isn't all about money making. The US is.

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
That makes sense... if you're 35-50, have a family, etc. etc. I'm 25, relatively healthy without the need for any healthcare. It doesn't really benefit me to stay in Canada economically. Again, if it was WORTH IT for me to stay I would, I like the vibe, the people but it's not economically worth it when I wouldn't be saving much compared to my friends abroad.

Reactions: seadrag0n

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
That makes sense... if you're 35-50, have a family, etc. etc. I'm 25, relatively healthy without the need for any healthcare. It doesn't really benefit me to stay in Canada economically. Again, if it was WORTH IT for me to stay I would, I like the vibe, the people but it's not economically worth it when I wouldn't be saving much compared to my friends abroad.
You could buy a house in Texas for the price of a garage in Ontario, it's actually stupid given how big Canada is

Reactions: Lc4life

dankboi

VIP Member
Apr 19, 2021
London, United Kingdom
Category........
FSW
Well, I'm conflicted about whether or not to apply for OINP right now tbh. If I applied I'd probably get it but it's $1500 plus 18months or so of waiting. I've literally paid so much money along the way, this just feels like another unneeded expense. I could apply for OINP now or wait till I get enough experience for CEC but looks like CEC is unclear atm
isn't your fsw app in processing mate ? why you talk about oinp now ?

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
Immigration is 100% getting more difficult.
THEN WHAT THE FUCK ARE WE ARGUING ABOUT?
READ THE ABOVE TWO! THEY RE NOT SAME!

I agree that for outside applicants have harder time than inside applicant. I DO NOT AGREE THAT EITHER ONE IS ALWAYS GETTING HARDER WITH TIME.

I hope, now it is clear.

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
Sunshine is always better than cold bro as someone who's lived in the 'North' for 7 years
Do not live in India mate... Sunshine here kills when its summer.