Star Member
Nov 11, 2020
@myimmitracker

FSW- Outland
Country of residence- Zimbabwe
Nationality- Zimbabwe
AOR - November 22 2018

PPR- November 9 2021
3 years lol. Guys from Zimbabwe and probably has a name that sounded scary to the IRCC ffs. So they just decided to consider him a security threat and made him wait on security screening forever. I had a colleague from Oman who had to wait almost 4 years and this was before COVID. That's sadly how they operate.

dankboi

VIP Member
Apr 19, 2021
London, United Kingdom
Category........
FSW
Canadians remain largely supportive of immigration, new survey finds
The majority of Canadians support current immigration levels, believe that immigrants are beneficial for the economy and play an important role in the growth of the country's population.
November 13th, 2021 at 08:00am EST

Despite the pandemic, the majority of Canadians continue to hold positive views on key aspects of immigration, a new Environics Institute survey has found.

The Environics Institute conducted telephone interviews with 2,000 Canadians between September 7 and 23, 2021 to see if their views on immigration and refugees have changed over the past year.

According to the findings of the public opinion research institute’s Fall 2021 Focus Canada survey Canadians’ views on immigration and refugees remained “mostly stable” over the past 12 months.

“A clear majority supports current levels of immigration, views immigrants as good for the Canadian economy, and believes they are important for building the country’s population,” the survey found.

The report comes at a time when Canada is moving beyond the crisis phase of the current COVID-19 pandemic. Immigration issues have been somewhat sidelined during this period, but are beginning to resurface. The objectives of this survey were, therefore, in part, to understand how the challenges and stresses of the past year have affected “Canadians’ capacity for openness to others.”

The majority disagreed with the statement that there is too much immigration to Canada
Two-thirds (65 per cent) of Canadians, reject the idea that immigration levels in Canada are too high. This figure is virtually unchanged from the previous Focus Canada survey conducted in September 2020.

However, over the past 12 months, among Atlantic Canadians, Manitobans, and Saskatchewanians, this sentiment has weakened by 7 to 8 percentage points. In Quebec, attitudes are essentially unchanged from a year ago, while among Albertans they are up by a slight 3 points.

The views of first-generation Canadians, those born in another country, have changed considerably since 2020, with a nine-point increase in the number of people in this group who agree with the statement. This proportion now stands at 36 per cent, compared to 27 per cent for those born in Canada.

Differences in attitudes toward immigration levels were also found among supporters of Canada’s various federal political parties.

Three-quarters (75 per cent) of Liberal Party supporters, agree with current immigration levels. Among New Democratic Party supporters, the figure is 81 per cent.

Just over half (54 per cent) of Conservative Party of Canada supporters think that immigration levels are adequate. Bloc Québécois supporters are more likely than last year to endorse current immigration levels, at 70 per cent.

Canada’s goal under the 2021-2023 Immigration Levels Plan is to welcome at least 401,000 new immigrants annually starting this year.

Most Canadians agree that immigration is necessary to increase the population
More than half (57 per cent) of those surveyed agree that Canada needs more immigration to increase its population, while 37 per cent disagree and 6 per cent have no clear opinion on the matter.

These results are essentially the same as in 2020, but according to the poll, they “reflect a sea change in perspective from the 1980s and 1990s, when most Canadians firmly rejected the premise.”

Immigration is good for the economy, according to a large majority
The vast majority of Canadians (80 per cent) agree that the economic impact of immigration is positive. Though, that number is down four points from 12 months ago and marks a reversal from an upward trend that began in 2018, according to the survey.

In addition, 76 per cent agree that the government should encourage more entrepreneurs to immigrate to the country and start new businesses, with nearly 39 per cent strongly supporting this position.

“Support for government efforts to attract more immigrant entrepreneurs is evident across the country, with agreement with the statement most prevalent in Atlantic Canada (79 per cent) and Ontario (81 per cent), as well as among first-generation Canadians (82 per cent) and Liberal Party supporters (85 per cent), and in each case close to half say they strongly agree with the statement,” the report says.

In general, the trend of openness to immigrants and refugees among Canadians continues, even in the face of a global pandemic that has shattered economies and inflamed nationalist sentiments in many other countries around the world.

Many Canadians continue to associate the uniqueness of their country with values such as multiculturalism, inclusion, and acceptance of newcomers. These values take precedence over attributes such as freedom, democracy, or land. Hardly any Canadians see immigration as a major problem in the country today, according to the survey.

Ar12345

Star Member
Nov 11, 2020
Moslems get stuck at security screening because the world knows about their intentions
I know you’re a cave troll on your basement trying to get a raise out of people on an immigration forum and I probably shouldn’t be responding. But in the off chance that you’re serious, I’ll respond one last time before I press the ignore button.

First of all, l have no idea what kind of brainwashing and vulnerability you’re going through to live with such generalised hatred towards every religion except your own. It’s really not healthy for you and I really hope you find some positive, uplifting community in your life soon.

Secondly, I’m 90% sure you’re a Hindu of Indian origin. Let me tell you this, in a western country, your religion or country of origin doesn’t matter to the bigots unless you’re a straight blonde white guy with blue eyes. You could be Hindu, Muslim, Christian, sikh whatever, and you’re still in the even playing field in the eyes of the bigots if you’re a person of color. You will NEVER fit in with them anywhere apart from India. If you’re brown, you’ll be called a terrorist, probed “randomly” at airports, have people ask where you’re from (even if born in the country), have people tell you to go back to your own country and have weird Christian cults try to “civilise” you push you their “real god”. You’ll go to a rural place and be treated like someone from Mars. I am nowhere near Muslim and I got the “random” enhanced security screening line only filled with bearded brown people twice (once in in Dubai and once in New York). The NDP leader in Canada faced islamophobic attacks during an event despite being a Sikh. He later rightly said he didn’t want to correct the islamophobe because he would then make it appear like attacking actual Muslims is fine. So if you’re planning to immigrate, know your place in the pecking order instead of trying to integrate with the bigots. You’re nobody to anyone apart from your own country and your social class/religion in your home country doesn’t matter. Take this from someone living in the USA for 10 years.

Thirdly, the shit you post online stays online forever and it’ll come back to bite you. You may think you can say all these things online because you’d get your teeth knocked out if you say it to anyone in person. But big brother is always watching the shit you post online. Don’t get yourself on some black list when you’re trying to immigrate lol

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
Canadians remain largely supportive of immigration, new survey finds
The majority of Canadians support current immigration levels, believe that immigrants are beneficial for the economy and play an important role in the growth of the country's population.
November 13th, 2021 at 08:00am EST

Despite the pandemic, the majority of Canadians continue to hold positive views on key aspects of immigration, a new Environics Institute survey has found.

The Environics Institute conducted telephone interviews with 2,000 Canadians between September 7 and 23, 2021 to see if their views on immigration and refugees have changed over the past year.

According to the findings of the public opinion research institute’s Fall 2021 Focus Canada survey Canadians’ views on immigration and refugees remained “mostly stable” over the past 12 months.

“A clear majority supports current levels of immigration, views immigrants as good for the Canadian economy, and believes they are important for building the country’s population,” the survey found.

The report comes at a time when Canada is moving beyond the crisis phase of the current COVID-19 pandemic. Immigration issues have been somewhat sidelined during this period, but are beginning to resurface. The objectives of this survey were, therefore, in part, to understand how the challenges and stresses of the past year have affected “Canadians’ capacity for openness to others.”

The majority disagreed with the statement that there is too much immigration to Canada
Two-thirds (65 per cent) of Canadians, reject the idea that immigration levels in Canada are too high. This figure is virtually unchanged from the previous Focus Canada survey conducted in September 2020.

However, over the past 12 months, among Atlantic Canadians, Manitobans, and Saskatchewanians, this sentiment has weakened by 7 to 8 percentage points. In Quebec, attitudes are essentially unchanged from a year ago, while among Albertans they are up by a slight 3 points.

The views of first-generation Canadians, those born in another country, have changed considerably since 2020, with a nine-point increase in the number of people in this group who agree with the statement. This proportion now stands at 36 per cent, compared to 27 per cent for those born in Canada.

Differences in attitudes toward immigration levels were also found among supporters of Canada’s various federal political parties.

Three-quarters (75 per cent) of Liberal Party supporters, agree with current immigration levels. Among New Democratic Party supporters, the figure is 81 per cent.

Just over half (54 per cent) of Conservative Party of Canada supporters think that immigration levels are adequate. Bloc Québécois supporters are more likely than last year to endorse current immigration levels, at 70 per cent.

Canada’s goal under the 2021-2023 Immigration Levels Plan is to welcome at least 401,000 new immigrants annually starting this year.

Most Canadians agree that immigration is necessary to increase the population
More than half (57 per cent) of those surveyed agree that Canada needs more immigration to increase its population, while 37 per cent disagree and 6 per cent have no clear opinion on the matter.

These results are essentially the same as in 2020, but according to the poll, they “reflect a sea change in perspective from the 1980s and 1990s, when most Canadians firmly rejected the premise.”

Immigration is good for the economy, according to a large majority
The vast majority of Canadians (80 per cent) agree that the economic impact of immigration is positive. Though, that number is down four points from 12 months ago and marks a reversal from an upward trend that began in 2018, according to the survey.

In addition, 76 per cent agree that the government should encourage more entrepreneurs to immigrate to the country and start new businesses, with nearly 39 per cent strongly supporting this position.

“Support for government efforts to attract more immigrant entrepreneurs is evident across the country, with agreement with the statement most prevalent in Atlantic Canada (79 per cent) and Ontario (81 per cent), as well as among first-generation Canadians (82 per cent) and Liberal Party supporters (85 per cent), and in each case close to half say they strongly agree with the statement,” the report says.

In general, the trend of openness to immigrants and refugees among Canadians continues, even in the face of a global pandemic that has shattered economies and inflamed nationalist sentiments in many other countries around the world.

Many Canadians continue to associate the uniqueness of their country with values such as multiculturalism, inclusion, and acceptance of newcomers. These values take precedence over attributes such as freedom, democracy, or land. Hardly any Canadians see immigration as a major problem in the country today, according to the survey.
I personally think, immigrants are at best tolerated... Thats enough though. Rather more than enough.

HA1986

Nov 20, 2020
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
09-10-20
Med's Done....
25-11-2020
Had a dream yesterday that I got a ghost update. Even in my dreams, I'm not getting PPR.
Me too lol. Dreamt about getting an update on my profile but the wording was a bit off and I realised in the dream itself that it was too good to be true. Damn you IRCC! How you make me miserable!

• Haha
Reactions: Saurabh3300

Rish92

Jan 22, 2021
Mumbai
Category........
FSW
I know you’re a cave troll on your basement trying to get a raise out of people on an immigration forum and I probably shouldn’t be responding. But in the off chance that you’re serious, I’ll respond one last time before I press the ignore button.

First of all, l have no idea what kind of brainwashing and vulnerability you’re going through to live with such generalised hatred towards every religion except your own. It’s really not healthy for you and I really hope you find some positive, uplifting community in your life soon.

Secondly, I’m 90% sure you’re a Hindu of Indian origin. Let me tell you this, in a western country, your religion or country of origin doesn’t matter to the bigots unless you’re a straight blonde white guy with blue eyes. You could be Hindu, Muslim, Christian, sikh whatever, and you’re still in the even playing field in the eyes of the bigots if you’re a person of color. You will NEVER fit in with them anywhere apart from India. If you’re brown, you’ll be called a terrorist, probed “randomly” at airports, have people ask where you’re from (even if born in the country), have people tell you to go back to your own country and have weird Christian cults try to “civilise” you push you their “real god”. You’ll go to a rural place and be treated like someone from Mars. I am nowhere near Muslim and I got the “random” enhanced security screening line only filled with bearded brown people twice (once in in Dubai and once in New York). The NDP leader in Canada faced islamophobic attacks during an event despite being a Sikh. He later rightly said he didn’t want to correct the islamophobe because he would then make it appear like attacking actual Muslims is fine. So if you’re planning to immigrate, know your place in the pecking order instead of trying to integrate with the bigots. You’re nobody to anyone apart from your own country and your social class/religion in your home country doesn’t matter. Take this from someone living in the USA for 10 years.

Thirdly, the shit you post online stays online forever and it’ll come back to bite you. You may think you can say all these things online because you’d get your teeth knocked out if you say it to anyone in person. But big brother is always watching the shit you post online. Don’t get yourself on some black list when you’re trying to immigrate lol
I don’t think his brain is capable of processing all this but I commend ur effort.

PRANIT01

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2021

The only thing ,I found a bit disagreeing with what you said is contrary to what you said ,I got most racist comments my own people than any others.Whites (I don't know what they think in their mind) they were always nice to me,Hispanics consider me as one among them ,Filipino also ,Black people(in US not from Africa)I wont call them racist but they had no filter ,they are nice people once you know them,Africans are nice too very humble and hardworking especially Nigerians (met them more ,don't know about others)
But my people not all but most ,They were making fun of my accent (native language)religion (I am an atheist, born as hindu),place where I am from ,calling racial slurs,regional sentiments. Even airport touch wood 4 years never had an issue, I was only treated bad in Dubai airport and Indian airports.
Trust me it hurts more when your own people pulls. That on you than others.
I agree with you in other things.

Reactions: Khans96 and Ar12345