+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

axmac

Star Member
Nov 5, 2020
Got 472 points... damn, how I want for this thing to open. I talked to my lawyer and he told me that either the score will raise a little bit because of all the profiles without an ITA, or it will go down a little bit because of their necessity for foreign workers.
Meanwhile, Robert De Niro, who's Mark's lawyer, holding a cigar - "A lil bit, a lil bit'.

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
Yeah, I've said this multiple times. TR to PR will return next year around graduation time, this time possibly with a less disastrous implementation. Some people here are happy thinking it was a one time thing and won't come back. They are wrong.
Agreed and no one can ever object to this. Also, as demonstrated by Marco Polo, pulling shit like scores a ton of political CRS points to be eligible for the next higher office and the new and young immigration minister is just the perfect fit.

Reactions: Lc4life

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
Agreed and no one can ever object to this. Also, as demonstrated by Marco Polo, pulling shit like scores a ton of political CRS points to be eligible for the next higher office and the new and young immigration minister is just the perfect fit.
Some part of TR to PR makes sense actually. FSW/CEC etc are more inclined towards college degree holders.

During this pandemic, and I believe after the pandemic too, a lot of "essential workers" -- some without college degrees -- will be needed by businesses. TR to PR provides one way for that. Its a carrot that invites them. I think there will be / there is already a temporary program to support fast recruitment of such people. Partly canada does it in form of farm workers / seasonal workers program. This TR->PR for essential workers will be a way to make them permanent.

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
How do you find out that someone is an IITian?

A: You don't have to. They'll tell you.
Touche!

How do you find out that someone is not an IITian?

You don't bother :)

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
Some part of TR to PR makes sense actually. FSW/CEC etc are more inclined towards college degree holders.

During this pandemic, and I believe after the pandemic too, a lot of "essential workers" -- some without college degrees -- will be needed by businesses. TR to PR provides one way for that. Its a carrot that invites them. I think there will be / there is already a temporary program to support fast recruitment of such people. Partly canada does it in form of farm workers / seasonal workers program. This TR->PR for essential workers will be a way to make them permanent.
Doesn't PNP exist for this exact purpose? For paper-based PNP programs, the requirements are very low compared to Express Entry and from the lowest scores of PNP draws, it is clear that a high CRS score is not a requirement, 85 points from yesterday's draw.

Reactions: Lc4life

Alysson

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2019

Basically every other program outside of express entry is more inclined to lower skilled. PNP, AIPP, RNIP. Except Ontario, whose PNP favors higher skilled a bit. Though that's the issue, several low skilled TR wanting to get PR while living in Ontario which is the most immigrated province. They could easily get pnp or a regional PR if they go to an atlantic/Sask/Manitoba, but they rather stay in ontario/vancouver. Basically, what I mean is, maintaining the current TR2PR would kill regional programs, since the only incentive for them is that its easier for in demand nocs who wouldn't qualify for express entry. If there is an easier method for you to get PR by being a fastfood clerk in ontario, no one will care for regional PR stream.

Last edited:

purohitab

Star Member
Jan 9, 2021
Guys I just had a question for POF. I've recently invested a significant chunk of my funds in crypto. Can I use my crypto holding as qualifying funds? Will a wallet statement be considered proof?

dankboi

VIP Member
Apr 19, 2021
London, United Kingdom
Category........
FSW
Guys I just had a question for POF. I've recently invested a significant chunk of my funds in crypto. Can I use my crypto holding as qualifying funds? Will a wallet statement be considered proof?
nope i guess

https://www.canada.ca/en/financial-consumer-agency/services/payment/digital-currency.html
Digital currencies are not a legal tender
Digital currencies, such as Bitcoin or other cryptocurrencies, are not legal tender in Canada. Only the Canadian dollar is considered official currency in Canada.

The Currency Act defines legal tender.

Legal tender is defined as:

• bank notes issued by the Bank of Canada under the Bank of Canada Act
  • coins issued under the Royal Canadian Mint Act
Digital currencies are not supported by any government or central authority, such as the Bank of Canada.

Financial institutions, such as banks or credit unions, don't manage or oversee digital currency.

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
Doesn't PNP exist for this exact purpose? For paper-based PNP programs, the requirements are very low compared to Express Entry and from the lowest scores of PNP draws, it is clear that a high CRS score is not a requirement, 85 points from yesterday's draw.
PNP are owned by provinces and varies a lot by provinces with their own twists. AFAIK, TR to PR is more of a federal program. It provides uniform access to anyone in Canada.

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
Basically every other program outside of express entry is more inclined to lower skilled. PNP, AIPP, RNIP. Except Ontario, whose PNP favors higher skilled a bit. Though that's the issue, several low skilled TR wanting to get PR while living in Ontario which is the most immigrated province. They could easily get pnp or a regional PR if they go to an atlantic/Sask/Manitoba, but they rather stay in ontario/vancouver. Basically, what I mean is, maintaining the current TR2PR would kill regional programs, since the only incentive for them is that its easier for in demand nocs who wouldn't qualify for express entry. If there is an easier method for you to get PR by being a fastfood clerk in ontario, no one will care for regional PR stream.
Well, BC and Ontario heavily favour skilled immigrants in their PNP. AFAIK, BC and Ontario are the biggest recipients and sources for immigrants.

Now, during this pandemic, many folks working in retail (manning cash counters etc) helped to keep critical businesses (food shops / marts ) open. Restaurants were closed. So, AFAIK, these folks were very much essential. To be honest, more than I am.

Currently, there is a massive shortage of entry level workers in these parts. Personally, I have seen many store closing because they cannot hire enough workers.

I can see why they want to provide a path for them.

Bigger issue is, they always mess up in providing budget to process applications. Canada is perpetually under feeding the immigration system.

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
Interesting question! I also wonder that. The requirement of PoF is funds readily available. A "weirdo" VO will claim that crypto cannt be easily converted into "real" currency and depends upon ability of market to buy it, this means it is more of a commodity and less of a cash based security. I mean it feels like buying gold. Only way to get dollars out of it is to sell it first and that means a market ready to buy it and for the value you claim.

Reactions: purohitab

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
nope i guess

https://www.canada.ca/en/financial-consumer-agency/services/payment/digital-currency.html
Digital currencies are not a legal tender
Digital currencies, such as Bitcoin or other cryptocurrencies, are not legal tender in Canada. Only the Canadian dollar is considered official currency in Canada.

The Currency Act defines legal tender.

Legal tender is defined as:

• bank notes issued by the Bank of Canada under the Bank of Canada Act
  • coins issued under the Royal Canadian Mint Act
Digital currencies are not supported by any government or central authority, such as the Bank of Canada.

Financial institutions, such as banks or credit unions, don't manage or oversee digital currency.
I doubt being a legal tender is as big of an issue as the fact that bitcoin is more like commodity and less like currency. GICs are not legal tender per say but banks will pay you the amount it says on the document.

Bathna33

Star Member
Nov 19, 2018
Tunisia
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
26-06-2019
Med's Request
13-11-2021
Med's Done....
18-11-2021
Passport Req..
07-01-2022
I sent a webform earlier this month about an update in my file. They initially sent me this
Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

In order to respond to the high volume of enquiries related to the situation in Afghanistan we have shifted resources in our Client Support Centre and are responding to priority enquiries only.

We will respond to these priority enquiries only:

· Clients in crisis situations (like those affected by the situation in Afghanistan)

· Clients facing vulnerable circumstances (emergency and urgent requests)

· Clients who need to tell us about a change in their circumstances, which has a direct impact on their application (like marriage, birth of a child, or similar)

· Clients who are submitting documents requested by one of our officers

· Changes in contact information

· Requests to withdraw an application or refunds

· Ask questions about the 2021 invitations to apply to sponsor parents and grandparents

If your enquiry is NOT one of the priority enquiries listed above, you will not receive a reply.

If you included attachments with your enquiry, rest assured that they will be added to your file shortly.
Then today they sent me this

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada.

We thank you for your patience and understanding regarding the delay for answering your enquiry due to the ongoing situation in Afghanistan.

Additionally, to respond to the high volume of enquiries related to the situation in Afghanistan we have shifted resources in our Client Support Centre and are responding to priority enquiries only.

If your enquiry is part of the list of priority enquiries mentioned on our website, please submit a webform.
regarding the same webform. does the second "We thank you for your patience and understanding regarding the delay for answering your enquiry due to the ongoing situation in Afghanistan." mean that they updated my file or is it another please wait message?

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
Now, during this pandemic, many folks working in retail (manning cash counters etc) helped to keep critical businesses (food shops / marts ) open. Restaurants were closed. So, AFAIK, these folks were very much essential. To be honest, more than I am.
If this is true then conducting FSW draws in the future would be really stupid.