+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

EscoBlades

Champion Member
Jul 22, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Many said there is not much jobs in Halifax..
It is relative. Main industries there are Agriculture, Digital Media, Fishing, and Natural Gas, all mainly due to its proximity to the Atlantic. IT and Financial Services are growing there, but not anywhere close to their mainland counterparts. I believe the Govt/ military are still the largest employer there.

I’ve visited Halifax and it is very pretty. Very pretty. You’ll always get that sea breeze and proximity to the water.

Reactions: PRANIT01

Psyoptica

Champion Member
Feb 20, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-04-2020
It is relative. Main industries there are Agriculture, Digital Media, Fishing, and Natural Gas, all mainly due to its proximity to the Atlantic. IT and Financial Services are growing there, but not anywhere close to their mainland counterparts. I believe the Govt/ military are still the largest employer there.

I’ve visited Halifax and it is very pretty. Very pretty. You’ll always get that sea breeze and proximity to the water.
How is Windsor in terms of settling down?
My top 3 cities where I will look to settle are Ottawa, Calgary and Windsor

Reactions: EscoBlades

EscoBlades

Champion Member
Jul 22, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
How is Windsor in terms of settling down?
My top 3 cities where I will look to settle are Ottawa, Calgary and Windsor
Main benefits of Windsor are how close you’ll be to Detroit (and thus, the US) and the affordable cost of living.

I *personally* found Ottawa to be boring, great city if you have a government or lobbyist job though.

Psyoptica

Champion Member
Feb 20, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-04-2020
Main benefits of Windsor are how close you’ll be to Detroit (and thus, the US) and the affordable cost of living.

I *personally* found Ottawa to be boring, great city if you have a government or lobbyist job though.
Yeah, close proximity to the US and affordability is the main reason for considering Windsor. I work online so not concerned about finding a job. Calgary I heard is very vibrant so worth the consideration. Ottawa is clean and beautiful from what I have seen. I like peaceful and quiet so might look into it as well. What other cities do you recommend?

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
Ottawa is good if you're married or in a relationship, and you just want to have a comfortable life in the suburbs, where it's just going to work and coming back home.

It's a bit of a sleepy government town, everything closes early, not much going on. But a very nice city, looks nicer than Toronto.

Reactions: VVV62

Psyoptica

Champion Member
Feb 20, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-04-2020
Ottawa is good if you're married or in a relationship, and you just want to have a comfortable life in the suburbs, where it's just going to work and coming back home.

It's a bit of a sleepy government town, everything closes early, not much going on. But a very nice city, looks nicer than Toronto.
I'm a nature lover but I do like going to busy city centers and activity hubs from time to time. I would settle in a city that provides some sort of a middle ground.

Reactions: EscoBlades

slavicgirl

Oct 27, 2021
I'm a nature lover but I do like going to busy city centers and activity hubs from time to time. I would settle in a city that provides some sort of a middle ground.
Me too. We are kind of restricted to Ontario due to my partner being a mechanical engineer. If anyone can advise similar cities in Ontario please share:)

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
I mean downtown Ottawa is nice, you have Rideau and bank street and there is plenty going on there during the day. You have plenty of nice bars and restaurants, but there just isn't much going on in terms of nightlife.

dankboi

VIP Member
Apr 19, 2021
London, United Kingdom
Category........
FSW
I got remedical request, but only for main applicant (the biodata sheet), not for spouse. So safe to take that as them wanting only PA to do remedical? Anyone with direct experience (no guessing, assuming please)?
i guess and i assume that i came across a similar query on this forum today. maybe someone might have responded to that thread.

Reactions: fswinlander