+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

D

Deleted member 1006777

Can confirm that 16+ month programs yield 3 year PGWP; a few friends of mine got that. In fact, if you really wanna gamble, you could enroll in a 12 month program and somehow finish it in 16 -18 months with good standing. I've seen that yielding 3 year PGWP too, but that's a big gamble.
Wait what? I don't think that's true. You need a 2 year program for a 3 yr PGWP. 16 month programs give 16 month PGWPs. There is a loophole though, that in that 16 month program, the last semester is a fulltime internship, which means the PGWP starts *after* the internship, effectively giving you 4 months of extra work exp. That's more than enough buffer to get a CEC ITA.

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
This is one reason I can't apply to a diploma mill (most only offer 1 year, and often part-time programs for what I'm looking for). I'm only looking at 16+ month programs which give enough of a buffer to accrue a year of exp. But these are also UofT, McGill and Waterloo so I'm not getting in with my background.
There are a few 2 years PG diploma programs that require at least a Bachelor's degree and will get you 3 years PGWP and the GPA requirement is not high, you can get admission easily.

dankboi

VIP Member
Apr 19, 2021
London, United Kingdom
Category........
FSW
Wait what? I don't think that's true. You need a 2 year program for a 3 yr PGWP. 16 month programs give 16 month PGWPs. There is a loophole though, that in that 16 month program, the last semester is a fulltime internship, which means the PGWP starts *after* the internship, effectively giving you 4 months of extra work exp. That's more than enough buffer to get a CEC ITA.
dude, there's always cool underrated tricks that we are not aware of. once you are in canada you'll see. same is with any countries hehe

Reactions: fswinlander

shanusharma01

Dec 9, 2018
Category........
FSW
yeah, they're a couple. they could go for a 2 years program and one can do full time work, is it possible for the dependent full time spouse, after working in canada for an year, then apply under CEC?
if this is possible then, they both can get PR quick. amirite !?
I guess it’s possible,need to research though!

D

Deleted member 1050918

Yeah I mean the instructions on IRCC's website clearly say a 16 month grad program should give you a 16 month long PGWP; but I have multiple friends who got 3 years for completing 16-18 month programs (no internship or co-op). As I said, a guy I know got 3 year PGWP for finishing a 12 month program in 16 months. It's a gamble though, don't count on it.

dankboi

VIP Member
Apr 19, 2021
London, United Kingdom
Category........
FSW
Yeah I mean the instructions on IRCC's website clearly say a 16 month grad program (no internship or co-op) should give you a 16 month long PGWP; but I have multiple friends who got 3 years for completing 16-18 month programs. As I said, a guy I know got 3 year PGWP for finishing a 12 month program in 16 months. It's a gamble though, don't count on it.
the risk but worth the shot. and the satisfaction when you get the 3 years pgwp stamped

D

Deleted member 1006777

There are a few 2 years PG diploma programs that require at least a Bachelor's degree and will get you 3 years PGWP and the GPA requirement is not high, you can get admission easily.
My issue is not the GPA requirement. It's that I'm changing fields, and Canada seems to be a lot more rigid than the US about undergrad and grad programs being related. I'd be a moron to do any education in a non-IT field.

Reactions: shanusharma01

dankboi

VIP Member
Apr 19, 2021
London, United Kingdom
Category........
FSW
My issue is not the GPA requirement. It's that I'm changing fields, and Canada seems to be a lot more rigid than the US about undergrad and grad programs being related. I'd be a moron to do any education in a non-IT field.
ah yes, but with a very detailed , much comprehensive statement of purpose you can nail it. i have seen a thread where some dude who wasted his 8 years of life dropping out of many degrees, finally got that SP.
i'll share it if i catch that thread again.

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
Yeah I mean the instructions on IRCC's website clearly say a 16 month grad program should give you a 16 month long PGWP; but I have multiple friends who got 3 years for completing 16-18 month programs (no internship or co-op). As I said, a guy I know got 3 year PGWP for finishing a 12 month program in 16 months. It's a gamble though, don't count on it.
2 years programs are considered 16 months programs because you study for 16 months and the breaks are not counted in these 16 months as you are allowed to work full time during the break right?

Reactions: shanusharma01
D

Deleted member 1050918

the risk but worth the shot. and the satisfaction when you get the 3 years pgwp stamped
The risky one is trying to finish a 12 month program in 16-18 months without fucking up your chances at a PGWP. 16+ month programs are entirely safe for creating an opportunity for CEC eligibility.

...but $100k+ fam :(