+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

Shivpati

Jul 1, 2020
Don't do the mistake of not logging in. Many have lost PPR messages that were not sent as an e-mail because they were too lazy to log in. Irrespective of how pissed you are at IRCC, just do your duty of checking daily or once in 3 days.
My file was applied by my company lawyer and it's their e-mail that was given. However, i do have access to the IRCC account to see my status; in the event of PPR, will it be updated in the portal? Or do i have to rely on the lawyer to tell me?

Santaclause

Star Member
Jan 29, 2020
Express Entry applications
Last updated: October 19, 2021
Canadian Experience Class applications
We’re working at full capacity to process applications.
You may experience delays because we have a backlog of applications due to COVID-19.
We’re currently finalizing most applications we received between
February 28 and March 6, 2021 ?
If your application is complex, it may take us longer to process it.
All other Express Entry applications
  • We have limited capacity to process applications and you may experience a delay.
  • If your application was approved on or before March 18, 2020, and your COPR has expired, you must follow these instructions.

purohitab

Star Member
Jan 9, 2021
TORONTO -- Ontario Premier Doug Ford refused to apologize for comments he made about immigrants coming to the province “to collect the dole,” instead saying that he is “pro immigration.”

Speaking to reporters in Tecumseh, Ont. on Monday, Ford said there was a labour shortage in the province and urged people to come to Ontario to work.

“We’re in such desperate need of people from around the world,” he said.

But then the premier specified that he only wanted “hard-working” people to come to Ontario.

“You come here like every other new Canadian. You work your tail off," Ford said. "If you think you're coming to collect the dole and sit around, it’s not going to happen. Go somewhere else.”

‘Collecting the dole’ is a term used in some countries to refer to receiving unemployment benefits.

Shortly after the comments were made, some Ontario politicians spoke out and demanded Ford apologize for the “divisive” remarks.

“A premier is supposed to unite Ontarians, not wedge us further apart,” Ontario Liberal Leader Steven Del Duca said on Twitter. “As a son of immigrants, I know first-hand how people like my parents helped to build Ontario. Doug Ford should apologize for his callous comments.”

Ontario NDP Leader Andrea Horwath said the comments echoed “demeaning stereotypes” associated with immigrants while Ontario Green Party Leader Mike Schreiner said that to suggest newcomers are not hard workers “is inexcusable.”

While in Question Period on Tuesday, Ford was asked by the NDP to apologize for the “discriminatory” comments. He did not do so and instead used the opportunity to say he is “pro immigration.”

“I have been pro immigration from day one,” he said. “We are short 290,000 people. I was the only government who wrote letter after letter to the prime minister saying we need more people.”

“All you have to do is come to a ‘Ford Fest’ and you’ll see the support from people around the world,” he added.

Earlier in the day, Ontario’s health minister said that she did not think Ford had to apologize for the comments.

“I don’t think it’s necessary because what the premier was actually saying is that we need more immigrants in Ontario. We have lots of work,” she said at a news conference. “We know that when people come here they do work hard, they provide for themselves and their families, they contribute largely to our communities and we need more people in Ontario. That’s what the premier was indicating yesterday.”

Elliott emphasized that the premier was not saying that immigrants are not hard workers, but rather “his expectation is when people come here that they will work and we know they are working.”

‘IT WAS A VERY OUTDATED AND TIRED THING TO SAY’
Speaking after Question Period, Horwath said that Ford’s response proves the premier has “some pretty distasteful and inappropriate values and believes about immigrants.”

"What he is doing is showing stereotypes of immigrants that create dislike, that create division, that create a situation where people assume that what the premier says is correct and it is not correct,” Horwath told reporters.

“He can parse his words all he wants but a premier that speaks with such ignorance about who it is that built our entire province. We are a province and country of immigrants."

Del Duca, meanwhile, said it hat he wants to give Ford the benefit of the doubt, saying that “at the very least the language was poorly chosen.”

"I think what he said was incredibly hurtful to lots of Ontarians. I think at the very least it shows a very outdated notion of the value of immigration,” he said. "It was a very outdated and tired thing to say so I hope he apologizes and we can move on."
Hah. Typical liberal government sentiment. They just love those who'll be a liability to the government. Doug ford stated some pretty reasonable expectations. I know of someone who went to Canada on pr (CEC pathway) back in 2017. Now is unemployed with no Reason to find a real job. All the CERB he got last year, he sent to India and is now encouraging the people he knows to come do the same. Honestly I'd not want such dishonest leeches anywhere near where I live.

Vidnomenon

Star Member
Oct 19, 2021
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
06-01-2021
Med's Done....
27-10-2020
Passport Req..
20-06-2022
My file was applied by my company lawyer and it's their e-mail that was given. However, i do have access to the IRCC account to see my status; in the event of PPR, will it be updated in the portal? Or do i have to rely on the lawyer to tell me?
I've read that some applicants only got an email and noticed absolutely no changes in their profile. It looks like you have to find a way to get notified via email yourself just to be safe.

djcluez

Jul 23, 2021
Renew it, otherwise, you will receive your COPR validity till May 2022 only or even worst if PPR gets delayed further where your passport expiration date plays a major role. Renew ASAP and do your part updating the webform and live in peace.
Thank You!

EscoBlades

Champion Member
Jul 22, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Hah. Typical liberal government sentiment. They just love those who'll be a liability to the government. Doug ford stated some pretty reasonable expectations. I know of someone who went to Canada on pr (CEC pathway) back in 2017. Now is unemployed with no Reason to find a real job. All the CERB he got last year, he sent to India and is now encouraging the people he knows to come do the same. Honestly I'd not want such dishonest leeches anywhere near where I live.
Cool story. Cos a sample size of one person is reflective and indicative of an entire group.

Reactions: ita_drgen

EscoBlades

Champion Member
Jul 22, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
This happens alot more than anyone likes to admit. I personally know at least 3 people who have done something similar to this.
It is an issue within any country that has a welfare system. It was a regular talking point (and dog whistle) when i lived in the UK. Such things need to be politically delivered with tact, something Ford sorely lacks. There are no numbers to suggest that the majority of immigrants come to Canada to “benefit” from welfare.

Shivpati

Jul 1, 2020
I've read that some applicants only got an email and noticed absolutely no changes in their profile. It looks like you have to find a way to get notified via email yourself just to be safe.
Hello @legalfalcon, could you kindly guide on how to change the contact e-mail ID? Is this something that I have to change in the portal or via webform? I am frustrated with my representative.

Miuniz

Jun 6, 2021
Lol I think what he said was solid. Don't understand why anyone would bash him for that...
Don’t mind people. They love to talk. He didn’t say anything wrong. It’s all politics. You must talk to remain relevant. He merely wants hard working people to come to his province. Is that too much to ask? Can’t someone talk straightforward and honestly these days? All I’ve noticed recently is that if you say A you will surely hurt B and vice versa…

Reactions: Lc4life

Miuniz

Jun 6, 2021
Cool story. Cos a sample size of one person is reflective and indicative of an entire group.
Bro let’s face the fact and leave the sample theory alone. If one or two folks do it and no one checkmate them then it’s spreads. So you know what he is saying is true right?. Is your issue on how he said it? Like the tone? The truth is it happens and how he said it shouldn’t really matter. I’ve never seen a polite way to correct a wrong. You must say it as it is bluntly or directly. Like they say, the truth is bitter. “I want immigrants but only the hard working ones”. This is the direct interpretation simple as abc.

Reactions: ElvisRamaj

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
But I have not yet recieved an ITA buddy (waiting for this so called "all programs draw")...So I assume there is nothing at the moment for me to see on my profile. Even if 0.001% I recieve a PNP nomination even, that would show up in my email I guess. Am I correct?
Then ignore.

Reactions: KojiGold

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
Looks like your lawyer will get the email. But if you can login, do it. Even if the lawyer misses out important messages, you could still keep a track,

Shadow09

Jul 16, 2021
Looks like your lawyer will get the email. But if you can login, do it. Even if the lawyer misses out important messages, you could still keep a track,
So do all messages come via both email and in the profile messages? someone mentioned that only an email is showing up these days and no message in profile. I do not think that is true, is it?