+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

Sid1307

Star Member
Mar 4, 2020
Population of Afghanistan is 38.93 million. Let's say Marco sets half of that to be the quota, and stops all other immigration streams so that the only way to become a PR is to be born an Afghan, then, with the 400k target, which is 0.4 million, it would take about 50 years. We will get PR by the end of our life.
I’ve seen a lot of talk about IRCC’s current afghan focus but that’s one of the only things I don’t think anyone can blame them for. If you worked for NATO as a afghan citizen or LGBTQ, you’re a dead man walking there for all practical purposes lol. That’s the reason people are desperate enough to hand over their babies or cling onto planes. I hate this waiting and lack of transparency and it’s making me go crazy but end of the day, I’ll still have a country that hasn’t collapsed to go back to and I have the qualifications needed to survive (albeit with a lesser standard of living). I think most people applying for FSW are in a similar situation. Personally, I’ll gladly wait longer if it means someone doesn’t get beheaded by a terrorist regime.

D

Deleted member 1050918

I’ll gladly wait longer if it means someone doesn’t get beheaded by a terrorist regime.
Sorry but this is typical populist virtue signalling. Regardless of how much you wait for whatever in your life, there will always be people getting hurt by terrorists. Should Canada give priority PRs to every single one of such people? Why discriminate between victims of the same crime?

IRCC has always had dedicated resources for different kinds of applicants. Refugees being given priority shall not be used for petty virtue signalling attempts as this refugees-first behavior only shows 1. IRCC messed up with their resource planning and 2. It was and still is nothing more than one of JT's political actions.

Sid1307

Star Member
Mar 4, 2020
Sorry but this is typical populist virtue signalling. Regardless of how much you wait for whatever in your life, there will always be people getting hurt by terrorists. Should Canada give priority PRs to every single of such people? Why discriminate?

IRCC has always had dedicated resources for different kinds of applicants. Refugees being given priority shall not be used for petty virtue signalling attempts as this refugees-first behavior only shows 1. IRCC messed up with their resource planning and 2. It was and still is nothing more than one of JT's political actions.
Of course every country gets hit by terrorists these days. I’ve seen more than enough growing up in India. So I Obviously don’t think just being targeted by terrorists gives anyone priority.

Having said that, Refugee situations are different for different populations/countries. I just think that the current afghan thing is unique because fact of the matter is 1. A terrorist regime literally rules the country 2. Canada was actively involved in the Afghan war and recruited its citizens to aid the war efforts. 3. It now has no choice but to prioritise saving the citizens who’s lives are in danger because it recruited them to fight whoever is ruling Afghanistan today.

TLDR:; if Canada invaded your country and recruited you to fight it’s current rulers, you’d probably want to be first in Q to leave with them as soon they decide to get out

workingmind

Star Member
Aug 21, 2020
Of course every country gets hit by terrorists these days. I’ve seen more than enough growing up in India. So I Obviously don’t think just being targeted by terrorists gives anyone priority.

Having said that, Refugee situations are different for different populations/countries. I just think that the current afghan thing is unique because fact of the matter is 1. A terrorist regime literally rules the country 2. Canada was actively involved in the Afghan war and recruited its citizens to aid the war efforts. 3. It now has no choice but to prioritise saving the citizens who’s lives are in danger because it recruited them to fight whoever is ruling Afghanistan today.

TLDR:; if Canada invaded your country and recruited you to fight it’s current rulers, you’d probably want to be first in Q to leave with them as soon they decide to get out
As much as I'd like to agree with you at the end of the day its FSW who are still in wait, some for almost 2 years first due to Covid and then this. Should FSWs be allowed to play the wait game due to ill-planned operation of US & NATO, who are responsible for 80% of the mess?

Reactions: Lc4life

Psyoptica

Champion Member
Feb 20, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-04-2020
I’ve seen a lot of talk about IRCC’s current afghan focus but that’s one of the only things I don’t think anyone can blame them for. If you worked for NATO as a afghan citizen or LGBTQ, you’re a dead man walking there for all practical purposes lol. That’s the reason people are desperate enough to hand over their babies or cling onto planes. I hate this waiting and lack of transparency and it’s making me go crazy but end of the day, I’ll still have a country that hasn’t collapsed to go back to and I have the qualifications needed to survive (albeit with a lesser standard of living). I think most people applying for FSW are in a similar situation. Personally, I’ll gladly wait longer if it means someone doesn’t get beheaded by a terrorist regime.
I would agree with you if what you said was actually what was happening but the reality is so much different. It's just a political stunt that doesn't have a whole lot to do with Afghans whose lives are being threatened. This is evident from the following 3 things:

1. IRCC is not really fast-tracking Afghan applications and there are plenty of applications that are stuck.

2. Almost everyone who has applied for Canada PR under the Afghan refugee program has done so from outside Afghanistan. Their lives are not directly threatened as opposed to those within Afghanistan who have no way of applying for the PR.

3. This topic has been discussed to death before. Canada giving PRs to 40,000 refugees for helping the Canadian forces in Afghanistan couldn't be true as there were merely 5000 Canadian soldiers in Afghanistan and if this was being done out of goodwill for the Afghanis then 40,000 isn't going to make much of a difference. This world is a big place and there are many people who are in worse shape than Aghanis who can be helped but since the Afghanistan issue is being highlighted more in the media, liberals are taking advantage of it to develop their positive PR.

Putting aside the Afghan refuge situation, IRCC is still processing CEC applications and other meaningless programs that can wait, faster than light which either means that their resources are being misdirected or they are just using Afghanistan refugees as an excuse. I would think it's the latter.

dankboi

VIP Member
Apr 19, 2021
London, United Kingdom
Category........
FSW
Sorry but this is typical populist virtue signalling. Regardless of how much you wait for whatever in your life, there will always be people getting hurt by terrorists. Should Canada give priority PRs to every single one of such people? Why discriminate between victims of the same crime?

YES , it's not FSW's or 2019-2020 AOR's fault that the afghan crisis happened, and all EE AOR's are paying the same application FEE and thus IRCC is required to process it. If IRCC wants tp prioritize some other Immigration schemes then they will have to make new inventories and staffs to handle those applications instead of the existing staffs who are being paid by the EE fees.

dankboi

VIP Member
Apr 19, 2021
London, United Kingdom
Category........
FSW

"if Canada invaded your country and recruited you to fight it’s current rulers, you’d probably want to be first in Q to leave with them as soon they decide to get out".

oh yes, but i don't want to jeopardize other's lives and their efforts for years who reached the AOR stage.

D

Deleted member 1006777

Nope. Nonsense arguments again. If they initially halted BOTH fsw and cec to prioritize refugees, sweet. Power to them. But any little hiccup, and they scapegoat fsw. I also have no issues with them prioritizing refugees, but they want to have their cake and eat it too. JT and mendishitty are hacks and deserve no empathy.

Give me some half assed justification for continuing to work on student visas, tourist visas, IECs, grandpas and CECs. Please. I'd love to hear it. Somehow it's only FSWs who are carriers of the virus, and somehow only FSWs who are preventing refugee processing.

To be fair, our buddy sid will probably fit in perfectly in Canada. He has the virtue signalling game down, and is doing well following JT's lead already!

ashu2111

Jul 15, 2020
They deleted the posts. It was in the kubeir group, which has the most “we paid taxes” crybabies.
This argument is so silly tbh. I studied in Canada and worked there, I paid taxes too! My work permit expired before EE was properly implemented but these newbies for CEC often forget that a lot of FSW outlands have actually studied (and worked) in Canada too. If anything else they should support us in our misery because IRCC can do this to them as wel.

dankboi

VIP Member
Apr 19, 2021
London, United Kingdom
Category........
FSW
if an applicant pays the EE fees then IRCC is required to process it within the timeframe they quoted. If IRCC wants to prioritise other schemes then they need to hire more staffs and keep up inventory to do it rather than putting away the helpless AOR's who paid the fees. Fuck IRCC , the Canadian politicians and lobbyists

ashu2111

Jul 15, 2020
"if Canada invaded your country and recruited you to fight it’s current rulers, you’d probably want to be first in Q to leave with them as soon they decide to get out".

oh yes, but i don't want to jeopardize other's lives and their efforts for years who reached the AOR stage.
Exactly. If they have enough capacity to process grandparents applications then why only sideline FSWs? For the good of the refugees? Nah, I don't think that's a valid point.

Reactions: ita_drgen

Psyoptica

Champion Member
Feb 20, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-04-2020
This argument is so silly tbh. I studied in Canada and worked there, I paid taxes too! My work permit expired before EE was properly implemented but these newbies for CEC often forget that a lot of FSW outlands have actually studied (and worked) in Canada too. If anything else they should support us in our misery because IRCC can do this to them as wel.
It's the entitlement that makes them so obnoxious. Also reflects their poor miindset these people never had anything good going for them and Canada PR is probably the best thing that ever happened so they get cocky.

lokidoki

Star Member
Aug 20, 2021
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-02-2021
What i don’t understand is why afghan refugee processing takes so long?
it is not like they are applying as fsw or cec or any other regular stream, where they have a proof of funds, education, experience etc?
shouldnt it take 1 month max to process their files?

Reactions: ita_drgen