Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
Getting a resident status in a first-world country is not an accomplishment and it's not something to gloat about. I know some cultures where this mindset is prevalent and living in a foreign country is a status symbol more than anything. Immigration is mostly about luck, and luck is mostly to do with timings something, not in our control. Canadian express entry system gives you an impression that it selects people based on skills and qualifications but that's not true. Again luck plaid a huge role in some people getting selected, some getting PPRs, and some still waiting fr ITAs.
Luck is getting picked up in the H1B lottery after spending 100k for your master's in the best education system in the world. Whereas, Express Entry is not luck. It's purely based on qualification and that is why a master's or Ph.D. students get more points than a high school or bachelor's degree holder. The reason you may assume that EE is pure luck may be due to the fact that Canadian experience weighs more points. Well, that's the qualification set by the IRCC. They can set their rules. Let us all take a moment and acknowledge that IRCC is incompetent and it's not our luck factor why or why not we are getting a PPR or ITA. As far as status symbols, it depends on where you are looking from. Some are born in poor families in a third world country, worked their a** off to be where they are today and for them immigrating to a developed country is, of course, a status symbol. What I can agree with you is that getting a PR in a developed country is not an accomplishment because it is a result that comes from years of planning and not LUCK.

Psyoptica

Champion Member
Feb 20, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-04-2020
Luck is getting picked up in the H1B lottery after spending 100k for your master's in the best education system in the world. Whereas, Express Entry is not luck. It's purely based on qualification and that is why a master's or Ph.D. students get more points than a high school or bachelor's degree holder. The reason you may assume that EE is pure luck may be due to the fact that Canadian experience weighs more points. Well, that's the qualification set by the IRCC. They can set their rules. Let us all take a moment and acknowledge that IRCC is incompetent and it's not our luck factor why or why not we are getting a PPR or ITA. As far as status symbols, it depends on where you are looking from. Some are born in poor families in a third world country, worked their a** off to be where they are today and for them immigrating to a developed country is, of course, a status symbol. What I can agree with you is that getting a PR in a developed country is not an accomplishment because it is a result that comes from years of planning and not LUCK.
Of course, not everything is pure luck but it does play a huge role in deciding someone's future. Being at the right place at the right time is far more important than intelligence, talent, or hard work. If that wasn't the case, we wouldn't be here complaining about not getting ITAs. PPRs etc

In addition, our entire existence is based on luck, we have no control over where we are born if are born rich or poor, mentally retarded or genius. It's all just luck at the end.

Last edited:

3L1C

Jul 26, 2021
There was a webinar by IRCC for Hong Kong just now. I asked in the Q&A session, if all program draw will resume soon. The host answered quite confidently: "Yes, hopefully very soon. But that's dependent on Covid."

No other info is given...and yes, they are still using covid as the reason/excuse whatever you call it. But i guess this is still a good news. ;)

ravla

Star Member
Mar 17, 2020
People like to bash on IRCC here. But I couldn’t find any country in the world that has a more rational, transparent and streamlined immigration process.

Psyoptica

Champion Member
Feb 20, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-04-2020
People like to bash on IRCC here. But I couldn’t find any country in the world that has a more rational, transparent and streamlined immigration process.
People bash IRCC because they have high expectations from them because they have set such high standards for themselves. A few years back before the inception of EE, applications took years to complete and no one complained because that's what people expected at that time. Now the same IRCC is the enemy because they are falling short of the expectations.
The least they can do is communicate because ignoring people is equivalent to mentally torturing them, on top of that their actions lately have been discriminatory towards a certain group of applicants. No matter how fair the system is, these things should never happen.

dankboi

VIP Member
Apr 19, 2021
London, United Kingdom
Category........
FSW
folks bash cause outlands believed the front facing beauty of the EE system where the ITA's were delivered based on the CRS scores which made candidates to work their asses off to finally get into the pool hoping they'll get ITA's and IRCC's actions showed these folks that it isn't as what it appears. An outland applicant believes that canada is a first world nation and never in their wildest dreams they thought canada's system is the same as the third world's. When canada is behaving like their own third worlds, these applicants and pool peeps are unable to accept it in their deep minds.
IRCC: We rank candidates in the pool using a points-based system called the Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS). We select the highest-ranking candidates from the pool and invite them to apply for permanent residence.
Canada is a third world in disguise, and this understanding may cool down the folks and their assumptions of getting transparency from ircc won't matter again.
This is what i understood from the peeps who were frustrated and who shared their emotions here since January.

Reactions: Psyoptica

dankboi

VIP Member
Apr 19, 2021
London, United Kingdom
Category........
FSW
There was a webinar by IRCC for Hong Kong just now. I asked in the Q&A session, if all program draw will resume soon. The host answered quite confidently: "Yes, hopefully very soon. But that's dependent on Covid."

No other info is given...and yes, they are still using covid as the reason/excuse whatever you call it. But i guess this is still a good news. ;)
gud updat

ravla

Star Member
Mar 17, 2020
folks bash cause outlands believed the front facing beauty of the EE system where the ITA's were delivered based on the CRS scores which made candidates to work their asses off to finally get into the pool hoping they'll get ITA's and IRCC's actions showed these folks that it isn't as what it appears. An outland applicant believes that canada is a first world nation and never in their wildest dreams they thought canada's system is the same as the third world's. When canada is behaving like their own third worlds, these applicants and pool peeps are unable to accept it in their deep minds.
IRCC: We rank candidates in the pool using a points-based system called the Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS). We select the highest-ranking candidates from the pool and invite them to apply for permanent residence.
Canada is a third world in disguise, and this understanding may cool down the folks and their assumptions of getting transparency from ircc won't matter again.
This is what i understood from the peeps who were frustrated and who shared their emotions here since January.

You do not have to look far to find what truly "third world" immigration system is.

I help my spouse on HK work permit few years ago. Strictly paper based, nowhere can you check progress, no one you can phone to bother. Just wait. And the application got send back because they do not accept electronic signature. Took us half a year to finally get it.

The Singapore immigration system: nowhere does it states they have a racial quota but somehow they reject enough non-Chinese application so that the majority of people who got PR are Chinese.

Finland immigration. They reject you on every slight document mistake you made. No chance to rebuttal.

And you were saying IRCC is the same as third world country? LMAO

dankboi

VIP Member
Apr 19, 2021
London, United Kingdom
Category........
FSW
if ircc notified pool candidates with this statement, that would have saved a lot of folk's time's and peace of mind -
"we are temporarily halting FSW draws starting xx/xx/xxxx until xx/xx/xxxx and probably resumes with changes"
This is the one and only single fucking statement that the ircc should have officialy notified to everyone.
if the above statement was published, everyone would have gone with their own lives and come back later when they resume the draws. not a single flying fuck would have been given at all.

for the folks with applications in process, ircc notifies via application status page.

D

Deleted member 1006777

The absolute worst case scenario is having to learn French really... I mean with all the other options (EU) we'd most likely end up having to learn a new language anyway. Assume JT did what he said he would and boosted the CRS on Canadian education and work experience and French. So what? One can learn French and go up to 500s and secure an ITA without having to buy absolute useless Canadian degrees. But I personally think it won't even come to that. Yeah the FSW cutoffs might rise and stabilize in the 470-475 range but since 481 is always entirely achievable by FSWs without French if they're younger than 30 or they have a PhD, FSW is still alive and safe for outlanders.
Hasn't done me any good whatsoever. But yeah I agree, it can't be bad to learn french. Just keep expectations realistic and understand that eventually it could be all for nothing.

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
Of course, not everything is pure luck but it does play a huge role in deciding someone's future. Being at the right place at the right time is far more important than intelligence, talent, or hard work. If that wasn't the case, we wouldn't be here complaining about not getting ITAs. PPRs etc

In addition, our entire existence is based on luck, we have no control over where we are born if are born rich or poor, mentally retarded or genius. It's all just luck at the end.
You sound philosophical. Chillax. :D

• Haha
Reactions: Psyoptica