+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

upon

Champion Member
Jan 23, 2020
Winnipeg
Mark can talk all he wants but the fact that CEC just invited 2k people can still mean something... why bother inviting people 1 month later and just 2k? I do believe they are worried about inviting more low skilled workers as well as those backlogs.
Low skilled? To qualify for CEC you need to have at least 1 year of skilled work experience in Canada.

Bro, you are outside Canada I believe. It means shit for Canada what position you hold in your country. No offence, really. But it is very common for people with every high positions to work as taxi driver or cashier for very long time after immigration (and those 2 are NOC C btw).

Alysson

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2019
Mark can talk all he wants but the fact that CEC just invited 2k people can still mean something... why bother inviting people 1 month later and just 2k? I do believe they are worried about inviting more low skilled workers as well as those backlogs.
He claims they want to process those already in the backlog first. Though he has no idea what he is saying. But if that’s the truth, then they would need to hold larger draws next year to make up for lost time. I feel that if you have a chance at getting a PNP or going to Quebec, then it’s best to go for it. Better than waiting for this endless uncertainty.

Reactions: HopelessBR

HopelessBR

Star Member
Mar 18, 2020
Brazil
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Low skilled? To qualify for CEC you need to have at least 1 year of skilled work experience in Canada.

Bro, you are outside Canada I believe. It means shit for Canada what position you hold in your country. No offence, really. But it is very common for people with every high positions to work as taxi driver or cashier for very long time after immigration (and those 2 are NOC C btw).
I was only meaning low skill = low CRS. period... of course I know many people out there will be doctors in their 50s. This is exactly why they said NOC system will change that "skill level" classification. We have been using this term rather wrongly for awhile now.

Reactions: Alysson

kloppity

Nov 20, 2019

Don't take it too seriously, it's a bit of sour grapes. As long as the people who make such claims don't actually believe it.

HopelessBR

Star Member
Mar 18, 2020
Brazil
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
He claims they want to process those already in the backlog first. Though he has no idea what he is saying. But if that’s the truth, then they would need to hold larger draws next year to make up for lost time. I feel that if you have a chance at getting a PNP or going to Quebec, then it’s best to go for it. Better than waiting for this endless uncertainty.
i do believe NOW it is about backlogs to a certain extent because they have been inviting less and less people, but that is the only clue we (and him) have.

Psyoptica

Champion Member
Feb 20, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-04-2020
i do believe NOW it is about backlogs to a certain extent because they have been inviting less and less people, but that is the only clue we (and him) have.
This assumption makes the least sense as they are not really doing anything to clear out the backlog. Things still are where they were 1 month back.

Reactions: upon

HopelessBR

Star Member
Mar 18, 2020
Brazil
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
This assumption makes the least sense as they are not really doing anything to clear out the backlog. Things still are where they were 1 month back.
Are they stuck in finishing february applications since last month? I didn't know that.

otaviovidal

Jan 13, 2020
Brazil
Category........
FSW
So... could they be waiting for the new NOC system rollout to resume FSW? They first released that note on November 2020 and last FSW draw was in December.

Ugh now I gotta wait and see if my NOC will still be considered 'skilled'. If things couldn't get any worse.

upon

Champion Member
Jan 23, 2020
Winnipeg
Well they have around 400 000 PR application backlog right now. Plus dependants = about 550 000 PR to land.
So I believe with the backlog they all set even for the next year.

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.thestar.com/amp/news/canada/2021/08/01/canada-faces-a-staggering-immigration-backlog-with-the-border-reopening-and-applicants-anxious-to-get-here-how-should-ottawa-prioritize.html