+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

D

Deleted member 1050918

But if you are claiming points as a software engineer but your highest degree is an MBA that would be an issue here.
Let me reiterate; STEM does NOT include software (engineer). Also MBA is not a STEM degree. The "E" in STEM, which is engineering, includes professions such as mechanical, electrical, electronics, space, chemical, civil etc. For these occupations, you already have to have a matching degree to be employed. So this new NOC arrangement makes no difference for most STEM people, if not all.

Reactions: RSub

NavjotS123

Jul 6, 2019
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Let me reiterate; STEM does NOT include software (engineer). Also MBA is not a STEM degree. The "E" in STEM, which is engineering, includes professions such as mechanical, electrical, electronics, space, chemical, civil etc. For these occupations, you already have to have a matching degree to be employed. So this new NOC arrangement makes no difference for most STEM people, if not all.
I think you are not getting me.

D

Deleted member 1050918

Maybe that's what IRCC is waiting for. Although, it says IRCC are planning to adopt it by Spring 2022.
No. NOC changes apply too all candidates (FSW, CEC, PNP, all of them). There have been CEC and PNP draws so this is not the reason why FSW is on hold.

Reactions: Lc4life
D

Deleted member 1050918

I think you are not getting me.
I am. What I said was STEM people are not affected at all. I don't know why you're bringing up software people (which are not STEM) with MBA degrees (which are not STEM degrees). STEM people, who have STEM degrees, are not affected at all by this change. That's what I initially said.

Reactions: Haku13

HopelessBR

Star Member
Mar 18, 2020
Brazil
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
I do believe this could be a more straightforward way to call the system and categorize people. I can understand how the name skill level can be misleading and all, but I found that table funny. NOC A will also be split into 2 most likely (from 28% to TEER0 and TEER1, with 9% and 19% of total workers).

D

Deleted member 1006777

Passing Eligibility is not that big of a deal if you're not worried about the waiting time. It's very rare that the eligibility is failed.
It seems like a big deal when you're a less common NOC like me. I have no precedent to follow.

Alysson

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2019
just watched that part.... it is extremely specific for mere speculation on her part. So they will create another NOC skill level which will affect mostly people inside NOC B, is that it? also that Training Education and Experience Responsibilities system... but still, she mentions this would be implemented from now till may 2022
I hope these changes don’t apply to those post AOR. Most of my experience is a B level.

Reactions: otaviovidal
D

Deleted member 1050918

I hope these changes don’t apply to those post AOR. Most of my experience is a B level.
They may choose apply the new rules to people post-AOR but pre-Eligibility. Your eligibility is already passed. You're safe.