swedentälje

May 17, 2021
Stockholm / Södertälje, Sweden
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Outland
NOC Code......
For those considering Europe as a study destination: Netherlands and Sweden are the only places where it is realistic to find an English-speaking job, I'd go for any of these countries if I were you. Germany is OK, but if you do not speak perfect German (and I mean that, this is the expectation), forget about it - it is the most populous country in Europe and there will be plenty of Germans to take the job. Also, only consider coming to Europe if you're studying tech skills (developer or data science, mostly), nothing else will get you a job unless you are extremely lucky.

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
Seriously, this is hilarious. Which country in the world asks you to re-apply for a visa because they can't find your previous application in their system? This is madness
It does not end there. They are not guaranteeing to refund fee. This is a dick move... sorry for the curse word but I can not come with any other term for it. It is a dick move through and through.

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
For those considering Europe as a study destination: Netherlands and Sweden are the only places where it is realistic to find an English-speaking job, I'd go for any of these countries if I were you. Germany is OK, but if you do not speak perfect German (and I mean that, this is the expectation), forget about it - it is the most populous country in Europe and there will be plenty of Germans to take the job. Also, only consider coming to Europe if you're studying tech skills (developer or data science, mostly), nothing else will get you a job unless you are extremely lucky.
There is one more way. Join a company which supports moving across countries. And then go there by ICT. Rules of game are totally different for ICT.

mark12345680

May 26, 2018
What is PGWP ? Do you have any idea if I’d be able to bring my son/ spouse with me on a student visa to the Netherlands ?
PGWP is a post-graduation work permit you entitle to after finishing a program at a college. In the Netherlands, after a bachelor's or a master's, non-EU students will get a 1-year orientation year visa (zoekjaar visa) which gives you the option to stay in NL to find a job. Sorry I have no knowledge of the visa constraints/requirements as I was on an EU passport. However, if you are keen on getting a very economical advanced degree, NL colleges have many great courses to offer. Landing a job in NL isn't a walk in the park, dutch employers have a strong incentive to hire locals, being able to speak dutch is key to earn respect and hiring opportunities from employers.

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
yeah that makes no sense. You need to travel urgently and they ask you to re-apply. This can only mean the backend system ain't able to keep up with the demand and they have no way to sort it except asking people to re-apply. I had applied last month and just got visa approval on H&C grounds before they cancelled all pending H&C applications. It's crazy.
Its worse actually. They want to find out who after all this mayhem is interested in coming to canada in earnest. This is the way they have figured out. Withdraw your application and reapply if you REALLY want to come. If you do that, it is NOT guarenteed that you will be refunded.

Rish92

Jan 22, 2021
Mumbai
Category........
FSW
130k !!! Wow that’s a lot of money, I understand your hesitance. That’s also why I haven’t looked at the study route in canada either. I wish it were less expensive
Yeah…. Did mining engineering for bachelors but it was taken off “skilled occupation list” the same year I graduated, so didn’t have any further visa pathway.

So enrolled in masters and by the time I finished masters the points requirement went high and my English score wasn’t good enough.

Finally in 2019 I managed to get all 8s in IELTS after 17 attempts but by that time my Australian work visa had ran out and also the points requirement went further up.

So now I am sitting in India contemplating my life choices and staring at empty bank account lol

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
Yeah…. Did mining engineering for bachelors but it was taken off “skilled occupation list” the same year I graduated, so didn’t have any further visa pathway.

So enrolled in masters and by the time I finished masters the points requirement went high and my English score wasn’t good enough.

Finally in 2019 I managed to get all 8s in IELTS after 17 attempts but by that time my Australian work visa had ran out and also the points requirement went further up.

So now I am sitting in India contemplating my life choices and staring at empty bank account lol
Man! that sucks!

Reactions: Rish92

Tabraez

May 26, 2021

Same happened with me

singh@1234

Star Member
Jun 12, 2021

Is mining engineering a skilled occupation in Canada?

Badgirloma

Star Member
Aug 25, 2021

I have no words, this is crazy. I’m so sorry. You shouldn’t give up tho, considering you’ve put so much into this.

EricNguyen1992

Nov 13, 2018

Shit, I can't even imagine the stress you had been through after all those unfortunate events

Reactions: Rish92

immicow

Jan 9, 2020

Same story here.

Last edited:

brentmrcs

Star Member
Aug 7, 2020
Category........
FSW
Hello, everyone. I've been quietly following this thread for a while now, but it is my first time to post here.

FSW-O (Philippines)
AOR Sep 24, 2020
Today, I received 2nd GU for this year after MEP last Dec 31, 2020. First GU was around May 20. I didn't receive an email for this GU.

VO Ottawa
MEP and BIL done
Eligibility met
Info sharing complete
Criminality valid
Security not started as per webform last July 2021 -- current status unknown

Haven't requested for GCMS or CBSA notes since the start of application.

Reactions: ita_drgen and ambee