Feb 20, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-04-2020
I am officially putting Canada on the back burner. It is evident that no one knows what the IRCC will do, and we do not know what to expect at all. Perhaps FSW draws are coming later this month, perhaps in October, perhaps it won't happen this year. Either way, life goes on, I'll stop thinking about moving to Canada for a while because this is going nowhere.
I'm with you on this. Already started working on the alternatives.

Carmen01

Oct 13, 2020
But that totals $4,800. :D At those prices, someone should be able to survive for like 9 months with the IRCC-mandated minimum funds.
Lmao…no please.
I didn’t include night outs, fine dining, a car(for those that can switch their license immediately ), vehicle insurance, a few seasonal clothing, personal grooming.

djshoki93

Aug 23, 2020
Hey Guys!
Have any of you recently called IRCC to ask for your application status? My friend got a ghost update today (FSW-O) and then made a call and they said that because of the situation around Afghanistan, they can no longer say what the application status is, and that updates sometimes are not even put into the notes (so even if you order your notes, you won't get anything). Just wanted to know if others have experienced the same ? It just seems so irrelevant to me why they would not be able to provide any update because of the things that happened in Afghanistan. Could this also be the reason behind them not making another draw last week? :/

singh@1234

Star Member
Jun 12, 2021
Hey Guys!
Have any of you recently called IRCC to ask for your application status? My friend got a ghost update today (FSW-O) and then made a call and they said that because of the situation around Afghanistan, they can no longer say what the application status is, and that updates sometimes are not even put into the notes (so even if you order your notes, you won't get anything). Just wanted to know if others have experienced the same ? It just seems so irrelevant to me why they would not be able to provide any update because of the things that happened in Afghanistan. Could this also be the reason behind them not making another draw last week? :/
yes, of course, it is the reason.

Badgirloma

Star Member
Aug 25, 2021
Hey Guys!
It gets better and better :D :rolleyes:

Caprio

Star Member
Jul 4, 2021
Hey Guys!
Wonderful

EscoBlades

Champion Member
Jul 22, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Hey Guys!
I contacted my MP yesterday to try and get an expedited update on my application, and they said the same thing. Even MPs aren’t getting responses from IRCC on applications that aren’t urgent and/or critical, due to the situation in Afghanistan.

samakshkapoor

Star Member
Oct 31, 2018
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
28-12-2020
Reapplying for FSW applications wouldn’t work the same as tourists visa applicants where you can just reapply, since you need to receive an ITA. So I doubt they would do the same in that sense. Though this causes me to believe their tech is really shitty, if the only way they can filter applications is by reapplying. So I guess that shows they really can’t separate inland/Outland FSW automatically. They would need to physically open apps and are lazy to do so.
I doubt that this will be the case. In tourist visa, for any emergency travel/ immediate travels they asked the applicants to send emails (on their special email ID) with the reason and documents required. which due to travel restrictions were put on hold.

I guess they can not determine those applications with the regular TRV applications, hence this new rule for resubmission.

which anyways is not the case with FSW/O or I... they will be processing them the same way they were doing it.

Gunners

Jul 13, 2016
The current rules regarding entry for unvaccinated are below :

“And all unvaccinated travellers entering Canada by air come Monday will no longer have to spend part of their quarantine in a government-designated hotel. However, they still must quarantine for 14 days upon arrival and take all the required COVID-19 tests.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbc.ca/amp/1.6132947

I believe the same rules will exist from 7th Sept as well when the border is set to open from travelers around the world. Only the fully vaccinated travelers (vaccines approved by Health Canada) will be exempt from the 14 day quarantine requirement unless they return a positive test on arrival.
so they wont be sent back incase of an unapproved vaccine but subject to quarantine (Visitor visa)

Carmen01

Oct 13, 2020
T*lib*ns or should I say Afghanistan as a country ( not the people) is selfish.
Why did you act like that even after a pandemic? Ughhh

You had just one job, one (I don’t even know what it is but I am sure it’s one)

zagcollins

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2017
Category........
FSW
I doubt that this will be the case. In tourist visa, for any emergency travel/ immediate travels they asked the applicants to send emails (on their special email ID) with the reason and documents required. which due to travel restrictions were put on hold.

I guess they can not determine those applications with the regular TRV applications, hence this new rule for resubmission.

which anyways is not the case with FSW/O or I... they will be processing them the same way they were doing it.
yeah that makes no sense. You need to travel urgently and they ask you to re-apply. This can only mean the backend system ain't able to keep up with the demand and they have no way to sort it except asking people to re-apply. I had applied last month and just got visa approval on H&C grounds before they cancelled all pending H&C applications. It's crazy.

Reactions: Lc4life and Alysson

Psyoptica

Champion Member
Feb 20, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-04-2020
yeah that makes no sense. You need to travel urgently and they ask you to re-apply. This can only mean the backend system ain't able to keep up with the demand and they have no way to sort it except asking people to re-apply. I had applied last month and just got visa approval on H&C grounds before they cancelled all pending H&C applications. It's crazy.
Seriously, this is hilarious. Which country in the world asks you to re-apply for a visa because they can't find your previous application in their system? This is madness

Reactions: ita_drgen