+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

aseemrastogi2

Feb 16, 2019
Yeah, that's the most interesting part of all this for me. Up to now, one of the reasons that could have been for not issuing CoPRs was that the borders weren't properly open. But once they are, what will the excuse be then?
I guess we will know soon what happens next. Hopefully!

ZAtoCD

Champion Member
Nov 3, 2019
South Africa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
It's not IRCC's fault on what's happening in Afghanistan.
But it is IRCC's fault on spreading the resources thin. IRCC can and should increase its resources in processing ALL applications.
They did hire more people. But this was unexpected.
I guess we will know soon what happens next. Hopefully!
Yup. Another option is that we only have a change in immigration policy after the new government is formed. That would be sometime after September 20th.

oginnite

Star Member
Jul 7, 2020
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
I would Like to ask this question, Let us take for example, Conservation wins and they want to make changes to the immigration Policy, Whats happen to FSW with score of 480 and above?

ZAtoCD

Champion Member
Nov 3, 2019
South Africa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
I would Like to ask this question, Let us take for example, Conservation wins and they want to make changes to the immigration Policy, Whats happen to FSW with score of 480 and above?
It is not likely that that kind of thing will happen. All major parties across the political spectrum in Canada are pro-economic immigration. Sometimes they disagree about refugees, but they all publicly recognize the value of economic class immigrants in terms of countering Canada's low birth rates, and propping up the economy going forward, so skilled immigrants and the EE system are safe as of now.

Reactions: Timbuktu_14

aseemrastogi2

Feb 16, 2019
Yup. Another option is that we only have a change in immigration policy after the new government is formed. That would be sometime after September 20th.
I believe any new policies will take some time to get implemented. In the meanwhile, there shouldn’t hopefully be anything stopping processing of existing apps.

ZAtoCD

Champion Member
Nov 3, 2019
South Africa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
I believe any new policies will take some time to get implemented. In the meanwhile, there shouldn’t hopefully be anything stopping processing of existing apps.
Well, my concern is that, for example, if the current policy is not to process FSW Outland apps, then that would require a change of policy for us to get anywhere. Likewise, if the policy is not to allow landings for new immigrants (those who've not been exempted already), then that would also require an official change of policy.

A government in the middle of an election would probably not want to do anything drastic that might lose them votes. So, we may have to wait for things to settle a while after September 20th to see major changes in the way the Feds go about dealing with future immigrants. Right now, it seems FSW Outland processing (at least from the security stage onwards) is paused, unfortunately.

aseemrastogi2

Feb 16, 2019
Well, my concern is that, for example, if the current policy is not to process FSW Outland apps, then that would require a change of policy for us to get anywhere. Likewise, if the policy is not to allow landings for new immigrants (those who've not been exempted already), then that would also require an official change of policy.

A government in the middle of an election would probably not want to do anything drastic that might lose them votes. So, we may have to wait for things to settle a while after September 20th to see major changes in the way the Feds go about dealing with future immigrants. Right now, it seems FSW Outland processing (at least from the security stage onwards) is paused, unfortunately.
I am honestly doubtful if there would be a policy not to process FSW Outland apps because a huge number of them are already approved with no COPR, all stages passed pending FINDEC and also all stages passed. Moreover if that were to be passed, I believe it would take quite a bit of time and that also would affect the targets for this year and beyond as the CEC invite numbers seem to have gone down in the last couple of draws.

Nonetheless, only time will tell as to what is the plan. Hopefully the lifting of border restrictions should bring better news for all of us.

dxdroid

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2021
Guys - just stop speculating left and right FFK - it was clearly said it that till border restrictions are in place, nothing will change. So sit on your asses and wait till Monday at least. All these things happened because of the reason. So wait pateintly and stop coming up with some new theories that are not supported by hard facts.

Reactions: Haku13

dxdroid

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2021
Things are started moving and now new guys are drafting some crazy stories. Relax, jesus :D Nothing will happen with the flick of the fingers. Stop looking for some sort unreasonable explanations.

Reactions: Tristan-XI

oginnite

Star Member
Jul 7, 2020
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
It is not likely that that kind of thing will happen. All major parties across the political spectrum in Canada are pro-economic immigration. Sometimes they disagree about refugees, but they all publicly recognize the value of economic class immigrants in terms of countering Canada's low birth rates, and propping up the economy going forward, so skilled immigrants and the EE system are safe as of now.
What i mean is that. Under a Conservative Minority govt for example, Do FSW with 480+ and above have any chance of getting ITA? factoring their love for Job offer and giving more points to the people with Job offer

dxdroid

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2021
What i mean is that. Under a Conservative Minority govt for example, Do FSW with 480+ and above have any chance of getting ITA? factoring their love for Job offer and giving more points to the people with Job offer
Why not? Stop panicing, 480 is a great score and Conservatives love FSW candidates ;)
We are weird as a human race. Things are getting improved and noooo, it is still bad. We always have to find something different to complain and speculate. Guys, just stop and wait. Any changes to the FSW will not happen in a month time. It is taking a lot longer to process such a changes, jesus.

ZAtoCD

Champion Member
Nov 3, 2019
South Africa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
I am honestly doubtful if there would be a policy not to process FSW Outland apps because a huge number of them are already approved with no COPR, all stages passed pending FINDEC and also all stages passed. Moreover if that were to be passed, I believe it would take quite a bit of time and that also would affect the targets for this year and beyond as the CEC invite numbers seem to have gone down in the last couple of draws.

Nonetheless, only time will tell as to what is the plan. Hopefully the lifting of border restrictions should bring better news for all of us.
There was that Parliamentary request from CBSA to IRCC regarding pausing the issuing of CoPRs. Not sure if that perhaps extended to pausing the processing of the final stages. There are tons of us whose security hasn't yet started. When I called IRCC, the agent told me that they were not currently referring applications for security checks. That sounds like a pause to me.

dxdroid

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2021
There was that Parliamentary request from CBSA to IRCC regarding pausing the issuing of CoPRs. Not sure if that perhaps extended to pausing the processing of the final stages. There are tons of us whose security hasn't yet started. When I called IRCC, the agent told me that they were not currently referring applications for security checks. That sounds like a pause to me.
We all knew it happened because of the freaking border closure. How many time can we say that. Read previous pages and you will know why and how. Most of the apps are nearly completed and a lot of them just do not have status updated on them. Just be patient and honestly, do not come up with the new theories and stop reinventing the wheel again.

ZAtoCD

Champion Member
Nov 3, 2019
South Africa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
You're fine. Look at the history of Canadian Federal politics. The leading party has switched between two (sadly) parties - Liberals and Conservatives. And yet throughout those years, they've taken in increasing numbers of economic immigrants. That's under Liberal and Conservative rule. The numbers admitted have just kept rising.

Refugees and family sponsor class immigrants need to worry about Conservative governments. And the rest of us do, in my opinion, for many others reasons. But not for the reason of economic immigration quotas.

Glaber

Feb 22, 2019

This is an official response to a news editor called Shelby Thevenot. IRCC says they've contacted all pre Marc 18 2020 expired COPR holders. Furthermore they say, they'll contact the rest of COPR holders (the ones who got it after March 18 2020) until the end of October 2021.

I want to believe incompetent IRCC hasn't allocated all of its FSW officers for this because if they did, there will be no new COPRs before November, and people who've been waiting for 2 years with approved files will continue waiting.

I'm not saying they did it, I'm just speculating like everyone else so take this post with a grain of salt.

Reactions: îleless