+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

Jaycejay

Champion Member
Jan 4, 2020
Category........
FSW
You can troll me either way mate haha! If we ever meet in life first round is on me.

But conservatives winning is probably the worst thing for immigration. Liberals are very pro immigration. Conservatives are an unknown... people here are getting too excited about this. But change is likely coming with a conservative government.
I heard from many sources that they are both pro-immigration. I’m not excited for a Conservative win though. I think Libs winning but a minority is a safer bet

guelphite

Jan 22, 2021
Ontario, Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
28-10-2020
Med's Request
03-12-2020
Med's Done....
07-01-2020
I heard from many sources that they are both pro-immigration. I’m not excited for a Conservative win though. I think Libs winning but a minority is a safer bet
I think it is over. The Liberals have broken too many promises. Even if they tell people what they want to hear, no one will believe them. They will make a last stand on covid and climate but I think it is over. Kind of sad. But they deserve it, honestly.

Alysson

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2019
Conservatives are pro immigration. Maybe not in the high levels it is now, but I still think they wouldn’t cut it. Probably other priorities. Immigration is only an issue to the PPC, which is one of the reasons they left the conservatives.

D

Deleted member 1050918

You can troll me either way mate haha! If we ever meet in life first round is on me.

But conservatives winning is probably the worst thing for immigration. Liberals are very pro immigration. Conservatives are an unknown... people here are getting too excited about this. But change is likely coming with a conservative government.
Agreed. The best cons are getting is a minority government and I doubt they'd be able to change immigration a whole lot with only a minority. Also, not gonna lie, I loved that "premium processing" idea so maybe I'm looking forward to that. I guess I'm too (butt)hurt from JT that it gets me too paranoid to wish for even a minority government with JT in it. But yeah like everybody else says I think JT being put back in his place (minority govt) is the safest for us candidates and applicants.

Reactions: Jaycejay

3L1C

Jul 26, 2021
Jay is right about you getting your ITA with 473 in 2021, if FSW continues that is. I'm thinking it's better to get it sooner which would happen if you went up to 476. I was at 478 because of writing earlier this year, that was a safe score but I thought about how pissed I'd be if a draw happened after months with a crs cutoff of 479 so I took another IELTS. Either way, 473 is a safe score in 2021.
I hate the long wait costed me 5 age points. If i'm still at 478, i won't overthink about it.

We are all rushing to get things done (IELTS, ECA etc.) while not knowing the timeline and the plan that IRCC has. Why won't they be more transparent about it

guelphite

Jan 22, 2021
Ontario, Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
28-10-2020
Med's Request
03-12-2020
Med's Done....
07-01-2020
hey guys couldn’t keep myself away from breaking the self imposed exile…
Did you guys look at this year’s budget though put forth by our beloved liberals?
not a very open to all kinda immigration!

https://www.cicnews.com/2021/04/budget-2021-what-it-means-for-canadian-immigration-0417836

Fun fact:the mighty ee was started by conservative
Yeah. But the conservatives are going to wash Trudeau because of affordability crises. Canadian politicians are dumb, so we will see what they do, but everything has changed since 2015. They will likely slow things down to bring housing under control.

Reactions: Jaycejay

shanusharma01

Dec 9, 2018
Category........
FSW
Yeah. But the conservatives are going to wash Trudeau because of affordability crises. Canadian politicians are dumb, so we will see what they do, but everything has changed since 2015. They will likely slow things down to bring housing under control.
Well they can do that meanwhile not streamlining the ee and keeping it healthy for the foreseeable future!
But yeah housing crisis needs attention,jt government messed it big time not less than a scam of you ask me

Jaycejay

Champion Member
Jan 4, 2020
Category........
FSW
Also looks like I'm getting so drunk very soon. @dxdroid will owe me whiskey, @guelphite will owe me shots... @Jaycejay I don't think I can drink all this by myself, might need to share...

... with someone who doesn't have an absolute PATHETIC score of 481
It’s the footnote for me lol….I don’t know why you are mad at my CRS when we would both get invited on the same day most likely (if FSW happens) hahaha. Relax bro

….I’ll still crush you in a tie-breaker situation though hehe

• Haha
Reactions: Tristan-XI

Jaycejay

Champion Member
Jan 4, 2020
Category........
FSW

Lc4life

Aug 9, 2021
I'll assume you have some sort of an engineering degree (bachelor's) and are interested in a grad degree.

The options you'll have are 1 year long M.Eng degrees (no thesis) and 2 year long M.Sc. degrees (thesis). There are also 2 year long M.Eng programs I believe, again with no thesis. 1 year M.Eng gets you 1 year long PGWP, 2 year long M.Sc. usually gets you 3 year long PGWP. Since TR to PR is probably not coming back, your only option will be CEC. As you can see, it's a tight fit with a 1 year PGWP because you may not be able to find a job immediately after you graduate. That M.Eng. would give you CRS but that's for FSW, it wouldn't qualify you for CEC. So you have two options;

1. 2 year long M.Eng.: I'd get this. This gets you 2 or 3 year PGWP. More than enough for CEC.
2. 2 year long M.Sc.: If you REALLY wanna write a thesis, get this but it'll be an absolute waste of your time.

Now as you can see in both scenarios you won't be able to work professionally for 2 years since you'll be on a study permit. (yeah yeah study permit holders can work up to 20 hr/wk blah blah. Nobody in Canada will employ you as a study permit holder except McDonald's) And you'll be spending a lot of money at least for 2 years. After you get your degree, you'll need to work for at least 1 year to qualify for CEC so the soonest you can apply for EE under CEC will be 3 years after starting your program.

..........pretty shit deal if you ask me. If you're so ready to quit your career for 2 years and not get a single pay check while spending from your pocket for 2 years, why not quit your job for 12 months at most and go hard on French? That's quicker, cheaper, more comfortable (you'll be spending 12 months at home in the comfort of your room instead of a shared house with 9 other tenants).

Study route is absolutely insane if you were not gonna go for that grad degree anyway.
French route will not enable you to get into Canada for CEC, which might be the only option in the future.
OINP has stopped tech draw and paused French draw since July.