+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

JazzKang

Star Member
Jul 17, 2020
Category........
FSW
Hi guys ! I just have some questions, if anyone can answer
I have an active EE profile at CRS 463. I'm sure about not getting ITA anytime soon at this score and keeping in mind the FSW situation right now. So I’m planning for a student visa. As I have not received ITA, ( does that make it dual intent?)do I need to tell IRCC about active EE Profile? If yes then how come both files do not contradict each other, one stating coming back after study and another saying staying there for pr purpose.. Very much confused, and please if anyone can help. [Already in pool since 2019 with CRS 464 and then improved Ielts and scored 468 last year and now this year (July)turned 30 so again at 463.] I think the study route will be the solution, anyone has a better idea please do suggest.

Reactions: Jaybye

sixtyby3

Star Member
Feb 25, 2021
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
I have an active EE profile at CRS 463. I'm sure about not getting ITA anytime soon at this score and keeping in mind the FSW situation right now. So I’m planning for a student visa. As I have not received ITA, ( does that make it dual intent?)do I need to tell IRCC about active EE Profile? If yes then how come both files do not contradict each other, one stating coming back after study and another saying staying there for pr purpose.. Very much confused, and please if anyone can help. [Already in pool since 2019 with CRS 464 and then improved Ielts and scored 468 last year and now this year (July)turned 30 so again at 463.] I think the study route will be the solution, anyone has a better idea please do suggest.
@JazzKang your CRS is in the OINP range of 457-467. Will your NOC be eligible?

D

Deleted member 1050918

I'll assume you have some sort of an engineering degree (bachelor's) and are interested in a grad degree.

The options you'll have are 1 year long M.Eng degrees (no thesis) and 2 year long M.Sc. degrees (thesis). There are also 2 year long M.Eng programs I believe, again with no thesis. 1 year M.Eng gets you 1 year long PGWP, 2 year long M.Sc. usually gets you 3 year long PGWP. Since TR to PR is probably not coming back, your only option will be CEC. As you can see, it's a tight fit with a 1 year PGWP because you may not be able to find a job immediately after you graduate. That M.Eng. would give you CRS but that's for FSW, it wouldn't qualify you for CEC. So you have two options;

1. 2 year long M.Eng.: I'd get this. This gets you 2 or 3 year PGWP. More than enough for CEC.
2. 2 year long M.Sc.: If you REALLY wanna write a thesis, get this but it'll be an absolute waste of your time.

Now as you can see in both scenarios you won't be able to work professionally for 2 years since you'll be on a study permit. (yeah yeah study permit holders can work up to 20 hr/wk blah blah. Nobody in Canada will employ you as a study permit holder except McDonald's) And you'll be spending a lot of money at least for 2 years. After you get your degree, you'll need to work for at least 1 year to qualify for CEC so the soonest you can apply for EE under CEC will be 3 years after starting your program.

..........pretty shit deal if you ask me. If you're so ready to quit your career for 2 years and not get a single pay check while spending from your pocket for 2 years, why not quit your job for 12 months at most and go hard on French? That's quicker, cheaper, more comfortable (you'll be spending 12 months at home in the comfort of your room instead of a shared house with 9 other tenants).

Study route is absolutely insane if you were not gonna go for that grad degree anyway.

Reactions: guelphite

JazzKang

Star Member
Jul 17, 2020
Category........
FSW
I'll assume you have some sort of an engineering degree (bachelor's) and are interested in a grad degree.

The options you'll have are 1 year long M.Eng degrees (no thesis) and 2 year long M.Sc. degrees (thesis). There are also 2 year long M.Eng programs I believe, again with no thesis. 1 year M.Eng gets you 1 year long PGWP, 2 year long M.Sc. usually gets you 3 year long PGWP. Since TR to PR is probably not coming back, your only option will be CEC. As you can see, it's a tight fit with a 1 year PGWP because you may not be able to find a job immediately after you graduate. That M.Eng. would give you CRS but that's for FSW, it wouldn't qualify you for CEC. So you have two options;

1. 2 year long M.Eng.: I'd get this. This gets you 2 or 3 year PGWP. More than enough for CEC.
2. 2 year long M.Sc.: If you REALLY wanna write a thesis, get this but it'll be an absolute waste of your time.

Now as you can see in both scenarios you won't be able to work professionally for 2 years since you'll be on a study permit. (yeah yeah study permit holders can work up to 20 hr/wk blah blah. Nobody in Canada will employ you as a study permit holder except McDonald's) And you'll be spending a lot of money at least for 2 years. After you get your degree, you'll need to work for at least 1 year to qualify for CEC so the soonest you can apply for EE under CEC will be 3 years after starting your program.

..........pretty shit deal if you ask me. If you're so ready to quit your career for 2 years and not get a single pay check while spending from your pocket for 2 years, why not quit your job for 12 months at most and go hard on French? That's quicker, cheaper, more comfortable (you'll be spending 12 months at home in the comfort of your room instead of a shared house with 9 other tenants).

Study route is absolutely insane if you were not gonna go for that grad degree anyway.
Sorry for not mentioning it, I have masters in commerce and 3+ years of experience as bookkeeper.

D

Deleted member 1050918

Sorry for not mentioning it, I have masters in commerce and 3+ years of experience as bookkeeper.
I see. What kind of program were you thinking of? I'm not sure what kind of programs there are in commerce but if there is an equivalent of M.Eng. (i.e., M.Sc. without thesis) I'd say go for it. A thesis is absolutely useless for immigration (or career really) purposes.

I'd recommend reading a lot about grad student life in Canada. It's not pretty to say the least, unless you have a lot of money saved up (~50,000 CAD/year if you're self-funded).

JazzKang

Star Member
Jul 17, 2020
Category........
FSW

And I have already wasted around a year struggling with French. I don't think it will be possible to attain that proficiency. Even though I thought of LMIA but still don't have any idea about FSWs resuming. Will it be a good idea to go as student and then if FSWs resumes add the LMIA over there. (p.s: I have family friends over there who can help out with LMIA). Being an EE profile holder will that create hurdle in getting study visa?

JazzKang

Star Member
Jul 17, 2020
Category........
FSW
I see. What kind of program were you thinking of? I'm not sure what kind of programs there are in commerce but if there is an equivalent of M.Eng. (i.e., M.Sc. without thesis) I'd say go for it. A thesis is absolutely useless for immigration (or career really) purposes.

I'd recommend reading a lot about grad student life in Canada. It's not pretty to say the least, unless you have a lot of money saved up (~50,000 CAD/year if you're self-funded).
I'm thinking about some sort of expertise in accounting as it will be relevant to my study and job also.

D

Deleted member 1050918

And I have already wasted around a year struggling with French. I don't think it will be possible to attain that proficiency. Even though I thought of LMIA but still don't have any idea about FSWs resuming. Will it be a good idea to go as student and then if FSWs resumes add the LMIA over there. (p.s: I have family friends over there who can help out with LMIA). Being an EE profile holder will that create hurdle in getting study visa?
Make it clear in your study visa app that if somehow your EE app is declined, you will abide by the law and leave Canada by the date indicated on your study visa.

If you have the ability to obtain LMIA, why not do it now? Can't that employer offer you a position, start the LMIA process, have you in Canada on a closed work permit?

JazzKang

Star Member
Jul 17, 2020
Category........
FSW
Make it clear in your study visa app that if somehow your EE app is declined, you will abide by the law and leave Canada by the date indicated on your study visa.

If you have the ability to obtain LMIA, why not do it now? Can't that employer offer you a position, start the LMIA process, have you in Canada on a closed work permit?
They applied once (last year)but got a mail from immigration to hire from within the country as that time pandemic just hit and borders were closed. So they had to take a step back so that we don't get it declined as that would be an issue afterwards to apply again. Till everything is not normalised over there, I don't want to take any risk. Once I get over there, I can get that over there. And moreover An accounting specialization diploma will help me in my further job perspectives. I'm just a bit sceptical about study visa acceptance rate right now.