Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Halifax
App. Filed.......
21-11-2019
AOR Received.
22-11-2019
In my GCMS notes I see the below comments. Should I go for upfront medicals or wait for the request?

D

Deleted member 1050918

The new fear I'm hearing about is people worried that the backlog is so great like 2008/2012 that they will cancel all the applications. I think on FB legal falcon said it's very unlikely
Very unlikely. IRCC and the minister are trying to cover up all their shortcomings and mistakes, fix their public image. Mass cancelling apps now would really be just suicide for their public image and PR... get it?... PR... hehe.

Reactions: ita_drgen

ambee

May 4, 2021
I *think* mine was extended yesterday for 12 months. I received a GU and called IRCC and that was the only thing that was news to me. Mine had also expired in February.
could you please explain why your medicals expired in Feb when you passed them in August 2020? TIA :)

tizzyboi

Star Member
Aug 20, 2020
I *think* mine was extended yesterday for 12 months. I received a GU and called IRCC and that was the only thing that was news to me. Mine had also expired in February.
what does your portal Medical status currently show? also did IRCC call center tell you that your meds have extended?

EscoBlades

Champion Member
Jul 22, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
If you’re M1 you would likely get an extension. Wait for IRCC to make the decision
Usually an M1/S1 coding will get an extension.

M1: No public health risk or danger, no public safety danger and no excessive demand
S1: No requirement for medical surveillance

M1 usually defaults to an S1 code for surveillance.

Reactions: Jaycejay

Jaycejay

Champion Member
Jan 4, 2020
Category........
FSW
Usually an M1/S1 coding will get an extension.

M1: No public health risk or danger, no public safety danger and no excessive demand
S1: No requirement for medical surveillance

M1 usually defaults to an S1 code for surveillance.
Cool. Thought as much

Rkb94

Jul 22, 2021
Great. Is it still showing "You do not need a medical exam" or "You've passed the medical exam" in your profile?
Wondering if my medical has been extended or not! My VO is also Ottawa.