+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

LayinLow

Mar 16, 2021
They don't trust the RT-PCR report or vaccination certificates issued in India, otherwise why would they allow Indians to travel via indirect route and obtain the RT-PCR report from the third country.
Thats true.. last year during lockdown there were a few instances of people submitting fake test reports n getting caught

Reactions: Rkb94

Rexxxx

Star Member
Jun 16, 2020
Guys I believe this direct indian flight restriction was initially put in place during the black fungus epidemic, June/July thereabout.
It may not be totally about Covid.

Reactions: sbhatia12

Jaycejay

Champion Member
Jan 4, 2020
Category........
FSW
Guys I believe this direct indian flight restriction was initially put in place during the black fungus epidemic, June/July thereabout.
It may not be totally about Covid.
Black fungus is not contagious and does not spread from person to person. Why would they ban flights because of this?

Reactions: shanusharma01

Psyoptica

Champion Member
Feb 20, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-04-2020
To be really honest.. i always loved Canada as a country.. but this immigration process has left a sour taste in my mouth.. i am losing the vigour n excitement to immigrate
Same here. How lucky those people are who landed in Canada before the Pandemic started.
I still remember how excited I was when I got the Ielts report with my desired grades. I started imagining life in Canada and started telling my relatives in Canada I would be joining them soon.
This pandemic has taken a huge crap on my future plans and I’m forced to now consider other options.

Psyoptica

Champion Member
Feb 20, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-04-2020
September most likely
If they start processing apps in September, realistically how long do you think it will take to clear the backlog? Keep in mind there are 20k+ expired Coprs which also need to be processed for renewal.
I don’t think they can do it in less than 6 months if they start now.

Rkb94

Jul 22, 2021
Thats true.. last year during lockdown there were a few instances of people submitting fake test reports n getting caught
Yup, that's the sole reason for flight bans. But now they can verify if the report is fake or not. If Canada still doesn't trust they can authorize selected hospitals or labs just like they do for medicals.

Reactions: LayinLow

Jaycejay

Champion Member
Jan 4, 2020
Category........
FSW
If they start processing apps in September, realistically how long do you think it will take to clear the backlog? Keep in mind there are 20k+ expired Coprs which also need to be processed for renewal.
I don’t think they can do it in less than 6 months if they start now.
If they start by September and dedicate enough efforts to it they can clear more than 80% of that backlog before next year because most of those applications are all cleared and waiting for final decision.

Reactions: LayinLow

Jaycejay

Champion Member
Jan 4, 2020
Category........
FSW
Yup, that's the sole reason for flight bans. But now they can verify if the report is fake or not. If Canada still doesn't trust they can authorize selected hospitals or labs just like they do for medicals.
The fight ban is just a political stunt as elections are close by

Reactions: immicow

Jaycejay

Champion Member
Jan 4, 2020
Category........
FSW
Can you please explain how?
I am not into politics so I have no idea.
To make the incumbent government appear good in the eyes of eligible voters. Banning flights from India for them could mean that they are taking pragmatic steps to safeguard Canadians for a ravaging delta strain of Covid from India