Aug 5, 2021
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
Oct 2020
Do you mind to share where you applied from and when did you get your GCMS?
I applied from the US, and I ordered the GCMS note through CanadaWiz (I just searched on Google and CanadaWiz was one of the results). I think people here mention about getgcms website or something similar.

Alysson

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2019
I think a lot of people here aren't too frustrated about low-score CEC invitations, they're angry about how IRCC handles communication. We are all left in the dark and we have no idea what the future looks like. I'm among the fortunate ones that still have a job during the pandemic so I can ride it out, but I can't imagine the lives of other applicants, especially people who received COPR before March 2020 and couldn't travel to Canada even though they had left their jobs and sold their houses.
IRCC doesn't even update anything on GCKey accounts for Outland application. I ordered GCMS note and it shows that my application has been approved, but everything on my GCKey account still has question marks, even eligibility. I had no idea where my application was at before I received my GCMS.

The least they could have done would be saying "look, we're still processing outland applications, but border is close right now so we can't send out PPR. We will do right away when the pandemic is over," and they could update our online account step by step (e.g., we shouldn't need to order GCMS notes to know that our criminal background check has passed).
That´s exactly my issue with IRCC. The lack of transparency is disrespectful. Closing the border and focusing on inland is understandable, but there is no news, no info for those outland to get their life in order. Next month tourist will be allowed in, but there is no guarantee immigrants will receive COPR, because there has been no information on it. They left us out to die. Even worse for those on expired COPR which probably left their jobs and sold their houses. Unsure if they should restart their career at their home country, probably paying rent because they don´t know if they should purchase a place or keep waiting.

boilercat

Star Member
Sep 16, 2020
I ordered in May and got the note in June. Normally it takes 30 calendar days to receive the GCMS.
Glad to see your application has been approved. I applied in July 2020. Only ordered GCMS once in November 2020. Maybe they are working on our files, just don’t communicate.

izzyhu1106

Star Member
Jul 29, 2020
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Glad to see your application has been approved. I applied in July 2020. Only ordered GCMS once in November 2020. Maybe they are working on our files, just don’t communicate.
My experience is that they passed the R10 and criminality in January and left the files in the drawer collecting dust since then.
I hope they have picked up the file again. Lots of AOR 2020 Nov and Dec applicants experience the same.
It matched the time when they stopped issuing PPR to some outlanders altogether.
Maybe that was when they received the order to stop processing the cases but only heaven knows what was going on behind scenes

thaipham

Star Member
Aug 5, 2021
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
Oct 2020
You should order another GCMS note to see if there are any new updates.

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
Well said, very well said. I feel there needs to be a balance though; where people whose lives have been on hold because of the commitments they made towards achieving the Canadian dreams aren't completely ignored. As I have mentioned here a while back, once you start this journey, you're 100% committed to it. How about understanding this and somehow, find a way to do what works for all the parties involved? A pause of almost two years for some isn't considerate. Funnily, many of these so called "high-skilled" immigrants settle for these survival jobs in their first year - thereabout. So you aren't exactly losing anything by bringing them into the country to fill these shortages, gaps or what have you in the "low-skilled" realm on a temporary basis. I believe this would give most the needed "Canadian experience" which is kind of important to most employers within Canada.

People aren't against making the people who's found their ways into the country to stay, we are just agitated that they are staying at the detriment of our own arrivals. I personally don't care how many of the "low skilled" immigrants get to become PR, I just want to get this PR journey sorted so I can start the next phase of my life.

Hope you understand the sentiments?
I can say few things. IRCC is NOT the best of the Canadian organization, far from it, it is the worst. From the looks of it, it is by design. It gets the LEAST funding because it does not yield votes. It is a government department and NOT a crown enterprise. That means, ALL the money that it gets (from processing fees, fines), it does not get to keep it, they are taken up by federal government. Federal government allocates it funds and since it is not a vote generating head, the funds are usually shoe string. Compare this to crown enterprise like BC transit. For those in India it is difference between SBI and your local police station. Hence, all the slow processing etc. Immigration has not been a monetary priority for Canada ever. In that context, I humbly believe, the changes will be minimal to the situation. Though there have been few positive policy changes for prospective immigrants, ATIP access will now be not limited to those physically in Canada to say the least.

Now coming to the other point of "Canadian Dream". Well, at the risk of appearing as a self indulgent prick and an "arsehole", let me share you my own experience with immigration in two countries. First is Australia, for which I had PR since 2015. During those years, I tried to get a job in Australia before landing there. That did not happen (or shall I say did not happen well enough). So, I never landed there (beside a brief visit to activate my PR). Next I joined a company with major global operation and a corporate policy of supporting immigration. I first arrived in Canada on a WP. So I had my job lined up before I even landed. PR comes next. I dont claim this is the "best" way. Nor do I know if I will be successful in becoming a PR but I know this. I was usually not in a financial hurry due to having a job in Canada all the times. Ofcourse, my Australian "dream" did not panned out. Too risky to venture. I believe immigration should not be primarily a "risk taking" venture, UNLESS risks home are massive (like breakdown of law and order or war or similar). Fortunately, for me that was not the case and I recognise that for some of us, that may be the situation. Yet for a lot of those who are jumping into immigration head first need to revaluate their risk profile. First take a Work Permit and stay in Canada and then apply for PR, IMHO. Lastly, always keep and maintain you job and employability. That is prime.

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
I think a lot of people here aren't too frustrated about low-score CEC invitations, they're angry about how IRCC handles communication. We are all left in the dark and we have no idea what the future looks like. I'm among the fortunate ones that still have a job during the pandemic so I can ride it out, but I can't imagine the lives of other applicants, especially people who received COPR before March 2020 and couldn't travel to Canada even though they had left their jobs and sold their houses.
IRCC doesn't even update anything on GCKey accounts for Outland application. I ordered GCMS note and it shows that my application has been approved, but everything on my GCKey account still has question marks, even eligibility. I had no idea where my application was at before I received my GCMS.

The least they could have done would be saying "look, we're still processing outland applications, but border is close right now so we can't send out PPR. We will do right away when the pandemic is over," and they could update our online account step by step (e.g., we shouldn't need to order GCMS notes to know that our criminal background check has passed).
The reason is simple. Federal government can get away with it so they are doing it. Prospective immigrants have virtually NO rights, so federal government treats them like shit. Its as simple. Why? Because prospective immigrants can not vote. So why put funds there. Its the brutal truth. It also does not help that almost ALL the immigration departments world wide are equally if not worse.

USA is the shittiest of all and it is pure evil designed to dehumanize and deliberately harm you. Infact so shitty that I decided to take a paycut of 30% and higher taxes than to deal with those arseholes. If you are NOT from a western country, stay away from US immigration system. Its never worth it. UK immigration is next and is like a teenager on crack. It can never make up its mind and changes policies at the drop of the hat. Canada is somewhat better but slow as hell and is full of apathy like a post mortom surgeon. Still, it is NOT designed to harm you by choice but by incompetence. Australian immigration used to be the best of all (as good as it can get perhaps) but then right wing activists have caused it to become worse.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lulu69 and immicow

ShivaIonside

Oct 22, 2020
The reason is simple. Federal government can get away with it so they are doing it. Prospective immigrants have virtually NO rights, so federal government treats them like shit. Its as simple. Why? Because prospective immigrants can not vote. So why put funds there. Its the brutal truth. It also does not help that almost ALL the immigration departments world wide are equally if not worse.

USA is the shittiest of all and it is pure evil designed to dehumanize and deliberately harm you. Infact so shitty that I decided to take a paycut of 30% and higher taxes than to deal with those arseholes. If you are NOT from a western country, stay away from US immigration system. Its never worth it. UK immigration is next and is like a teenager on crack. It can never make up its mind and changes policies at the drop of the hat. Canada is somewhat better but slow as hell and is full of apathy like a post mortom surgeon. Still, it is NOT designed to harm you by choice but by incompetence. Australian immigration used to be the best of all (as good as it can get perhaps) but then right wing activists have caused it to become worse.
Well those are some "words of harsh wisdom" you put out summing up various "so called" popular immigration systems out there. I can totally co-relate to it.

armitabbsn

Oct 6, 2020
Iran
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
When you get to Canada as PR, applying for visa to visit the US is not a big deal. They will give it to you and it's usually 10years validity for many. According to my friends, the counterfoil will state that you're a PR of Canada.
how much getting US visitor Visa( after getting PR) is dependent to where are u from? (if your brothers & sisters are US citizens)
also, as u know many people would probably not have a job first few months after moving... I guess its important to have show US embassy that u already have a valid job in Canada.

Reactions: immicow

immicow

Jan 9, 2020

It was expected some changes would happen with Trump out of office. But USCIS still has the same attitude.
US immigration has been down hill since Obama times. It doesn't matter Republican or Democrats. Republicans will do something, good or bad depends. Democrats will act like they care but they will completely ignore you. I don't know what is worse.
Even after this experience I would rate IRCC higher than US Immigration.

Reactions: joconstantine

dxdroid

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2021
Immigrating to any country is a huge task to do. The amount of documentation, processes and requirements that you have to follow is crazy. My little dream was to move to US and I was very close to it to get an intra-company transfer, however because of Covid everything has stopped and the company was not able to process my application further.

Then me and my gf decided that the best place for us will be Canada. We knew it that it takes a long time to go over the whole process. Same situation, Covid has delayed our plans. We are in the pool with 474 points and still waiting for the draw to happen from April 2021. I know there are people waiting for longer, there are people who have received ITAs and still are waiting for the confirmation.

This pandemic changed everything, it delayed things massively. I am just hopping that they will finally start processing people's applications, that they will start sending out PPRs etc.

Honestly I am trying to stay positive in this situation, I do understand there is a lot of negativity floating in the web because people are just frustrated and angry. I really do understand this. I think all of us will be surprised in a positive way soon.

Last edited:

Psyoptica

Champion Member
Feb 20, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-04-2020
Immigrating to any country is a huge task to do. The amount of documentation, processes and requirements that you have to follow is crazy. My little dream was to move to US and I was very close to it to get an intra-company transfer, however because of Covid everything has stopped and the company was not able to process my application further.

Then me and my gf decided that the best place for us will be Canada. We knew it that it takes a long time to go over the whole process. Same situation, Covid has delayed our plans. We are in the pool with 474 points and still waiting for the draw to happen from April 2021. I know there are people waiting for longer, there are people who have received ITAs and still are waiting for the confirmation.

This pandemic changed everything, it delayed things massively. I am just hopping that they will finally start processing the people's applications, that they will start sending out PPRs etc.

Honestly I am trying to stay positive in this situation, I do understand there is a lot of negativity floating in the web because people are just frustrated and angry. I really do understand this. I think all of us will be surprised in a positive way soon.
I swear if people stayed away from immigration forums and stopped following the news, they'd feel much better. There's nothing positive but hopelessness and despair which can be seen everywhere.
Guess its time for me to switch off, take a break for a while and invest my time elsewhere.

Carmen01

Oct 13, 2020
Okay cool, I haven't met anyone who got a student visa without depositing a GIC.
Maybe nobody knows, but I'm sure Mendicino is not some dumb kangaroo who goes hopping around firing shots at others, he pretty damn sure knows what he is doing!

Education sure is a business no doubt. So is bringing high-skilled workers from outside.
It's not compulsory though - Maybe it depends on the school or study permit route (whatever that means).