+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

aseemrastogi2

Feb 16, 2019
After whats been going on with IRCC are you 100% sure it's not happening?

I'm more than happy not having to swallow the black pill but will believe it when I see it. End of year we go
The 2012 situation was different when Express Entry wasn't there. Moreover if I remember right, those applications were around for a couple of years. In the current scenario, most applications in the backlog are already finalized or about to be finalized.

See the below line in the article from April 2012:

"If approved, the department will close files of potential immigrants who applied under the Federal Skilled Worker Program before Feb. 27, 2008 if an immigration officer did not make a decision on their case by the end of March."

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/backlog-wipeout-will-close-thousands-of-immigration-applications-1.1171403

Reactions: Jaycejay

sahilarora2003

Mar 13, 2013
Surrey
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
09-09-2022
Doc's Request.
20-12-2022
AOR Received.
09-09-2022
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13-10-2022

za_skrub

Star Member
Sep 13, 2020
Correction: looks like my previous posts were in the wrong:

There's the term "landed immigrant" instead of ITA used to calculate immigration target for a certain year, given such: there's no point finalizing apps and sending PPRs to most FSW-O apps as they won't be landing anytime soon. And I guess prioritizing recently AOR'd CEC applicants will make sure they account for that quota.

That still fails to explain the delay in finalizing last year's CEC-I applications (guess that's where the "priority grouping" theory comes into play? I still have my doubts...)

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018

There's the term "landed immigrant" instead of ITA used to calculate immigration target for a certain year, given such: there's no point finalizing apps and sending PPRs to most FSW-O apps as they won't be landing anytime soon. And I guess prioritizing recently AOR'd CEC applicants will make sure they account for that quota.

That still fails to explain the delay in finalizing last year's CEC-I applications (guess that's where the "priority grouping" theory comes into play? I still have my doubts...)
Coincidentally, yearly ITA target is also equal to or close to landed immigrants target.

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
Are you sure? If thats the plan IRCC should inform people. It would ruin a lot of lives.
Who knows for sure, last time they took 4 years to cancel pending applications so if you don't get a decision in 4 years, then maybe you consider your application cancelled. Plus they passed some big law to do it.

Alysson

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2019

Why would they not land anytime soon? That was probably one of the reasons for the survey, to know if backlogs would still go this year. Most would probably not risk it and land as soon as possible.

za_skrub

Star Member
Sep 13, 2020
Why would they not land anytime soon? That was probably one of the reasons for the survey, to know if backlogs would still go this year. Most would probably not risk it and land as soon as possible.
Limited flights / flight bans, expired COPRs that IRCC don't bother to look at / fulfill reissuance requests, etc etc

Alysson

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2019
Limited flights / flight bans, expired COPRs that IRCC don't bother to look at / fulfill reissuance requests, etc etc
Limites flights and flight ban haven’t really stopped people who are willing and all that was asked in the survey as well. Most backlogged apps are finalized and are just waiting approval/PPR so if they start sending them in September, then majority can easily land.

Psyoptica

Champion Member
Feb 20, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-04-2020
Limites flights and flight ban haven’t really stopped people who are willing and all that was asked in the survey as well. Most backlogged apps are finalized and are just waiting approval/PPR so if they start sending them in September, then majority can easily land.
Right. It doesn't make sense for IRCC to continue processing and finalizing applications if they aren't meant to land in Canada soon. They must have had discussions and internal communications to strategize the best way to land all these immigrants. That survey which was sent to only the outland applicants was meant to serve as a device to their plan of welcoming the immigrants and also so they could estimate the volume of people landing after the travel restrictions are removed.

Reactions: Jaycejay

Jaycejay

Champion Member
Jan 4, 2020
Category........
FSW
Truly, as we approach the fourth quarter we expect that IRCC will cut down on the CEC invites (they’ve actually reduced it to 4,500 in the last 2 CEC draws) and finally put a stop to it as they make way for all program draws. We can expect 2 more CEC draws this month (with reduced invites) but i guess that would be it for the year. The open draws will be towards next year’s immigration quota.

It’s becoming less appealing for them to keep inviting CEC since they are now almost certain that they can meet the remaining part of this year’s economic class immigration quota with the FSW and PNP applications that are few steps or already in the final lap of processing.

I expect that if the border re-opening goes as planned, IRCC will spend the last four month’s of this year focusing on those with expired CoPRs, finalizing applications and inviting nothing less than 30,000 applicants through the express entry system via general draws. There’s reason to remain positive and hopeful. Don’t overthink the situation; just continue living your lives to the fullest, things will fall in place soon
The gradual reduction in CEC invites is exactly why the all program draws would likely resume soon. I gave a likelihood anaysis of this earlier today.

anon247

Feb 2, 2021
On the ups7
Express Entry applications
Last updated: August 3, 2021
Canadian Experience Class applications
We’re working at full capacity to process applications.
You may experience delays because we have a backlog of applications due to COVID-19.
We’re currently finalizing most applications we received between
November 15 and 21, 2020 ?
If your application is complex, it may take us longer to process it.
All other Express Entry applications
  • We have limited capacity to process applications and you may experience a delay.
  • If your application was approved on or before March 18, 2020, and your COPR has expired, you must follow these instructions.
On the upside it seems they're almost at the end of 2020

D

Deleted member 1050918

The gradual reduction in CEC invites is exactly why the all program draws would likely resume soon. I gave a likelihood anaysis of this earlier today.
I wrote that first :p The bad thing is my profile will expire before the draw and I won't have the delight of completely crushing you in tie-break.

Also, as promised, once we all get our ITAs, I'll spam the forum till I get my account banned.