+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

Jaycejay

Champion Member
Jan 4, 2020
Category........
FSW
As of August 31, 2020, only 8.6% (748 employees) of IRCC's domestic (in Canada) staff were working from the office. 73.7% (6410 employees) were working remotely in some capacity, and 16.5% were on leave.
An there’s only so much a staff can do while working from a remote location for security and legal reasons. Maybe that’s why the processing is still moving at snail pace; because I think some specific information and data can only the accessed in-office. Wish i can have an idea of the current staff capacity

Reactions: Tristan-XI

immicow

Jan 9, 2020
An there’s only so much a staff can do while working from a remote location for security and legal reasons. Maybe that’s why the processing is still moving at snail pace; because I think some specific information and data can only the accessed in-office. Wish i can have an idea of the current staff capacity
If the pandemic restriction are mostly lowered. why isn't anyone back in office yet? or is there still pandemic restrictions preventing people to work from office?

EscoBlades

Champion Member
Jul 22, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
True. Some of the back end processing required for PR applications appears to be done most effectively from in the office. At least, that is what IRCC internal comms uncovered via ATIP requests have stated. Some of it is security related, others is just a bandwidth (VPN) issue.

And in some cases, the partner agencies that handle some of the processing stages (like the RCMP and CSIS) also got hit with processing delays due to staff WFH as a result of COVID.

All around, not the greatest few months for many government institutions here.

If the pandemic restriction are mostly lowered. why isn't anyone back in office yet? or is there still pandemic restrictions preventing people to work from office?
Many businesses (and Govt of Canada agencies) are slowly scaling their staff return to office in waves. These are being adapted based on Federal and Provincial Health advice, but in the case of a number of the big companies here, they are due to start having people back in office this month (August)

Akrial

Star Member
Jan 26, 2020
They are still enjoying at the behest of our dearest Marco Medicino...

aseemrastogi2

Feb 16, 2019
True. Some of the back end processing required for PR applications appears to be done most effectively from in the office. At least, that is what IRCC internal comms uncovered via ATIP requests have stated. Some of it is security related, others is just a bandwidth (VPN) issue.

And in some cases, the partner agencies that handle some of the processing stages (like the RCMP and CSIS) also got hit with processing delays due to staff WFH as a result of COVID.

All around, not the greatest few months for many government institutions here.

Many businesses (and Govt of Canada agencies) are slowly scaling their staff return to office in waves. These are being adapted based on Federal and Provincial Health advice, but in the case of a number of the big companies here, they are due to start having people back in office this month (August)
Would you be aware by when the staff return to offices at most government agencies is expected to be completed?

EscoBlades

Champion Member
Jul 22, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Would you be aware by when the staff return to offices at most government agencies is expected to be completed?
I do not, sorry. Government agencies will move on this at their own pace. Assuming no major increases in COVID cases, and/or new variants any time soon, they will probably start increasing in-office capacity starting September. Disclaimer: This is an educated guess based on what private businesses are currently doing. It might vary based on province.

navinball

VIP Member
Feb 26, 2018
What we need to understand is; people like free handouts, free PR and living in an "emergency" situation for almost 2 years so that they can get even more freebies. Who cares about the masses who have been waiting since the late 2019 with %100 processed files? It is not about justice, it is just good business.
wait till you get here. there are no free handouts in canada. inflation is so high rents and prices of neccessities have doubled in the last two years and will continue to double in the next two, so by the time you land expect to pay 4500$ for a one bedroom apmt. min wage is $15 an hr, a banana costs $2.
when you see the eye watering costs you will quickly surrender your PR and go home.

aseemrastogi2

Feb 16, 2019
I do not, sorry. Government agencies will move on this at their own pace. Assuming no major increases in COVID cases, and/or new variants any time soon, they will probably start increasing in-office capacity starting September. Disclaimer: This is an educated guess based on what private businesses are currently doing. It might vary based on province.
Hopefully it works out that way and we all have better news to look forward to in terms of PPRs and draws in the last quarter. Fingers crossed!

LayinLow

Mar 16, 2021
wait till you get here. there are no free handouts in canada. inflation is so high rents and prices of neccessities have doubled in the last two years and will continue to double in the next two, so by the time you land expect to pay 4500$ for a one bedroom apmt. min wage is $15 an hr, a banana costs $2.
when you see the eye watering costs you will quickly surrender your PR and go home.
Dont say that brother.. you r lucky to already b at the place everyone wants to be.. if you can tough out the inflation n still want to be a Canadian PR/Citizen, others can to.. Peace

Windsor37

Jul 9, 2020
I see, so are you considering to surrender your PR and go back to your home country soon? Seems a wise move for you to do, since I'm assuming you'd want to avoid paying those exorbitantly high costs you just mentioned.

Alysson

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2019
Guess you’re planning on moving back then?

Glaber

Feb 22, 2019
Since you already made all the presumptions that nobody is aware of the ongoing inflation and increasing rental prices in Canada due to the free handouts like CERB, updated unemployment insurance, provincial handouts etc. there is nothing left for me to say. I'd actually like to talk about "MY" future plans MYSELF, but since you made even more presumptions by assuming that I will surrender my PR and go home in the future. There is probably no need for that either.

If you want to go "HOME" my friend, you can go back to where you come from yourself as you suggested to me. I am not gonna do that.

pravbas88

May 27, 2021
USA
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
01-12-2021
Med's Done....
07-01-2021
Yet another negativity spread. If you want to pack your bags and go back, Please do bro. Don’t come to this community and just say that again.