+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

D

Deleted member 1006777

I would argue about it. I have met a lot of people whose English level is a lot worse than mine, however they got a higher mark than me ;) At the end it is the preparation for this exam that makes you to receive a high score. Even if you are native and you did not prepare for that test you will not score well ;)
Nah, I've taken it twice, two years apart, looked at the exam format the morning of the exam the first time. No preparation at all both times. Highest score both times. Everyone that I know who has taken the exam also never studied for it and got the highest bands (7.5-8 in writing for all of them).

I think it just comes down to how comfortable you are with the language. Reading and watching documentaries etc for preparation might not be that useful (although it depends), but I was lucky enough to grow up reading and watching english media, and the exam was very easy in all respects for me because of that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: dxdroid

dxdroid

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2021
Nah, I've taken it twice, two years apart, looked at the exam format the morning of the exam the first time. No preparation at all both times. Highest score both times. Everyone that I know who has taken the exam also never studied for it and got the highest bands (7.5-8 in writing for all of them).

I think it just comes down to how comfortable you are with the language. Reading and watching documentaries etc for preparation might not be that useful (although it depends), but I was lucky enough to grow up reading and watching english media, and the exam was very easy in all respects for me because of that.
I don't know man :) I know a lot of native speakers that got bad marks on it.

modern_finance

Dec 10, 2020
Are there expected to be big changes to the Express Entry system? I am thinking of doing my masters since after that i will have a FSW score of 483, but if the system changes then i am screwed. Any advise will be appreciated. I will only have a 1 year PGWP so cant rely on CEC.

dxdroid

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2021
Are there expected to be big changes to the Express Entry system? I am thinking of doing my masters since after that i will have a FSW score of 483, but if the system changes then i am screwed. Any advise will be appreciated. I will only have a 1 year PGWP so cant rely on CEC.
No one knows, certainly if there will be any changes they will not be introduce for this year.

Reactions: modern_finance

LayinLow

Mar 16, 2021
Guyz should i just redo my expired medical voluntarily or wait for them to ask for it ? Dont think doing it voluntarily is a bad thing though right ?

adrianamal

Jul 25, 2021
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Paris
Hey Guys, I got a PPR before on October 2020 so I don't think FSW are not processing applications, they are just processing them slowly,
  • AOR: December, 2019
  • Biometrics: January, 2020
  • PPR: October, 2020
But since Covid hit my wedding plans were upcoming so I notified them and got married in November, 2020 and they requested additional paper and I submitted them in December, 2020 they added him to my application in January, 2021 and since he already had biometrics taken before they were automatically linked. He passed his Medical in Feb 2021 but we haven't heard anything since then. How long does this process take usually ? do you think there is still hope to receive new PPR this year ?

dxdroid

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2021
Guyz should i just redo my expired medical voluntarily or wait for them to ask for it ? Dont think doing it voluntarily is a bad thing though right ?
I would wait till they will ask you to do it. I think They have made announcment asking people to do not do their medicals unless they will be advised to do it ;)